Played By Karoake Girls

beefrocket

Hello All,

I recently got back from a month long trip to Thailand, and wanted to share an interesting experience I had in Chiang Mai. This was my first time to Thaland in 20 years, so I was not familiar with how many things work here. However, I should say that by this point in my trip, I was definitely aware that 99% of women in bars/clubs were working ladies, and that finding a wholesome Thai girl would be a challenge.

After being in town for a couple days, I heard a lot of hype about the Spicy club, so I tuk tuked over from Loi Kroh one night to check it out. Was certainly relieved to see the "No Ladyboys" sign at the front :D . Keep in mind that at this poiint I was fairly drunk and judgment was not optimal. Upon entering, I noticed 3 very pretty university looking Thai women in the back, so I wandered over and introduced myself. I started dancing with them but they seemed very shy, which led me to believe that these girls "might" not be pros. After a few minutes dancing, something strange happened, and the girls basically started to attack me. One of them starts kissing me on the mouth, and another one starts grabbing me all over :D The hottest one keeps asking if I want to go sing with them, and they drag me outside and toss me into a tuk tuk. More kissing, calling me handsome, etc. I definitely suspected something was up at this point, but I was having way too much fun living the fantasy, and just kinda decided to let things play out.

We arrive at the Karoake bar, up to a fancy looking room with a giant couch, big tv, out pops a menu. The rest is sort of a blur, some very quick talk abotu prices, the girls order whiskey and a crapload of other stuff, more "we love you" talk and all of a sudden I'm presented with a 5000 Baht bill :o A heated argument ensues, I calm down remembering that i passed about 5 bouncers on the way in, and realized there was no way I would get out alive without paying. I pay the man and run outa there, but not before 2 of the girls chase me down in the street begging for food money :D . $140 later I finally make it to my guest room, all the while telling myself that "In America, it would have been worth it!" :D

Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson, and was a bit impressed by the complexity of the scam. Does this happen a lot?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson, and was a bit impressed by the complexity of the scam. Does this happen a lot?

Some "shy" girls that you just met start coming onto you like a steam train, take you off to a "karaoke" bar, start ordering everything and anything off the menu, and tell you they love you. Naive? Stupid? Ya think? :o

I get out plenty, which is how I know that it is possible to have nights with gorgeous women in Thailand that cost me much less than that, as I'm sure many of you have.

And it wasn't that fact that it was almost worth the money, it was the fact that the entire experience was a cleverly designed trick. I'm not exactly a fan of Karaoke. I'd rather sleep with a woman for 2000 baht than sing with 3 of them for 5000.

If you're willing to tolerate these types of things be my guest

Some "shy" girls that you just met start coming onto you like a steam train, take you off to a "karaoke" bar, start ordering everything and anything off the menu, and tell you they love you. Naive? Stupid? Ya think? :o

Thanks for reiterating what I already admitted, anything productive to say?

I get out plenty, which is how I know that it is possible to have nights with gorgeous women in Thailand that cost me much less than that, as I'm sure many of you have.

And it wasn't that fact that it was almost worth the money, it was the fact that the entire experience was a cleverly designed trick. I'm not exactly a fan of Karaoke. I'd rather sleep with a woman for 2000 baht than sing with 3 of them for 5000.

never mind they saw a sucker coming,you're just annoyed you did n't take one home for that price,i would be too..................money flushed down the toilet.

I had to cough up $150 once for not stopping 1/10th of a second longer at a stop sign. So, as far as I'm concerned if you have to piss away $150, your way is better.

Good point :o Indeed there have been nights in the States where Ive spent hundreds of dollars and had much less fun, I guess it wasn't so bad relatively speaking

never mind they saw a sucker coming,you're just annoyed you did n't take one home for that price,i would be too..................money flushed down the toilet.

Exactly my point

Some "shy" girls that you just met start coming onto you like a steam train, take you off to a "karaoke" bar, start ordering everything and anything off the menu, and tell you they love you. Naive? Stupid? Ya think? :D

I thought emphasizing those points were rather productive actually. As it seems that after sirens should have been wailing in your head, the penny still didnt drop. Maybe next time you will be wiser. :o

Anyway, my apologies for not being more sensitive.

So sorry to hear of your ordeal of wasted money.

Best of luck finding that wholesome girl next visit.

Other than that, nothing productive to offer.

Some "shy" girls that you just met start coming onto you like a steam train, take you off to a "karaoke" bar, start ordering everything and anything off the menu, and tell you they love you. Naive? Stupid? Ya think? :D

I thought emphasizing those points were rather productive actually. As it seems that after sirens should have been wailing in your head, the penny still didnt drop. Maybe next time you will be wiser. :o

Anyway, my apologies for not being more sensitive.

So sorry to hear of your ordeal of wasted money.

Best of luck finding that wholesome girl next visit.

Other than that, nothing productive to offer.

That's very generous of you, thank you. FYI here's a quote from my original post "Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson"

Hello All,

I recently got back from a month long trip to Thailand, and wanted to share an interesting experience I had in Chiang Mai. This was my first time to Thaland in 20 years, so I was not familiar with how many things work here. However, I should say that by this point in my trip, I was definitely aware that 99% of women in bars/clubs were working ladies, and that finding a wholesome Thai girl would be a challenge.

Outside of Loi Kroh, the vast majority of the waitresses are not prostitutes, though a lot of them are just barely getting by on their 20 baht an hour job and would like to find a boyfriend with money.

As to the rest of your story, if you're a tourist anywhere and some beautiful women start coming on strong, suspect a set-up.

FYI here's a quote from my original post "Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson"

So, that means it will neeeeeevvveeerrrrr happen again ... on a wild night while already pretty pissed? :o:D

spicy for a non working girl?? three girls at once??? normally if three girls are together in bar and not total whores it takes quite a male crowbar to pry one away... just to let you know when three go with you ..... what the heck are you thinking??? now lets go back to spicy for a normal non working girl?? well when the girls are there in a pack dancing they are not going with you either ,it would make them look bad to begin with but they are married,have boyfriends whatever but they will let you pay for their drinks...

there is always a exception to the rule though since sometimes whores mingle hang with non working girlfriends and will run off from their group. younger thai women except whore sometimes into their group to go dancing since many thais are so easy going .... until they make them look really bad...you can have somewhat of a mix . normal collage students would not be in spicy too low rent or "low so" i.e. kee nok farangs by the boat load... again sometimes there is exception to rule...

I pay the man and run outa there, but not before 2 of the girls chase me down in the street begging for food money :o

With a nickname like "beefrocket", how could they have still been hungry? :D

Don't sweat it, man. There are far worse scams that are out there. You got off easy and even had a bit of fun along the way. At least you recognized what was happening. Lesson learned- no school girls hang out at Spicy and karaoke sucks! Your next trip to the LOS will be better because of it!

FYI here's a quote from my original post "Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson"

So, that means it will neeeeeevvveeerrrrr happen again ... on a wild night while already pretty pissed? :o:D

Well, life wouldn't be as much fun if we weren't occasionally stupid. Just don't repeat the same stupid mistake, try some new mistakes.

To answer your original question, yes it does happen a lot. Don't go anywhere near an upmarket karaoke bar unless your prepared to lay out a few grand.

Last time I went with a couple of mates the bill cam to almost 20,000 Baht. Admittedly there were six girls dancing naked with us for about four hours and they managed to consume three bottles of vodka, five plates of french fries, four plates of pineapple (?) and we went through twenty five buckets of ice (I reckon the drinks boy had a hair dryer on it all the time, 'coz I can't believe we did twenty buckets - we only get through four at a night at Warm Up).

Don't think this just happens to foreigners, either. A couple of my Thai colleagues from work went to a karaoke joint, with their own booze to boot, and were presented with a bill for 6,000 Baht after a couple of hours.

I'm glad to hear that you paid up without much fuss, though. Shouting and threatening to call the cops won't help as they'll just turn up and make you pay.

Hmm..did i just step into the Pattaya forum?

Times like this I have to say im glad i dont understand the need or appeal of paying countless thousands of baht to oggle some naked flesh, or the desire to take it away for a few borrowed and paid for hours.

Some men really are a slave to their hormones eh.

:o

Lets see you were molested by three gorgeous young women, drank, sang, ate and your complaining about $150, you need to get out more..

Oz

I would have considered it a successful night. :o

Time to marry. You will get 3 in 1: a wife, a lover and a friend.

Times like this I have to say im glad i dont understand the need or appeal of paying countless thousands of baht to oggle some naked flesh, or the desire to take it away for a few borrowed and paid for hours.

Lucky you. Variety is the spice of life and sometimes it's nice to get away from the 'gossip girl' scene at Warm Up and go crazy with some chicks who don't know who you are, what you do, where you live, etc....

Lets see you were molested by three gorgeous young women, drank, sang, ate and your complaining about $150, you need to get out more..

Oz

I would have considered it a successful night. :o

Time to marry. You will get 3 in 1: a wife, a lover and a friend.

My favourite Paul Calf (aka Steve Coogan) quote: "Women - you can't live with them.......... can ya?!"

"cleverly designed trick" Are you joking?Friend that's Thai 101 never go any where with a group of thai's unless your ready to pay.Even if they invite you it's on your dime, now I've never done anything stupid while drunk but $140 is a small ding.........I hope ya got a little something extra! :o

Edited by unforgiven

don't understand??? my heart goes out to you sonny.... the raw beauty of some of these girls at these kaeroke joints ..... just to have the few short hours is reason to be alive , ... i feel sorry for you ,,, slve to hormones or is someone lacking hormones???

countless thousands??/ hey this is thai baht...lets get real... 50 bucks!!!

so this is a money deal??? and by the way just to let you know there is a huge dif between oggling and TAKE OUT!!!!do not ever confuse the two .....

don't understand??? my heart goes out to you sonny.... the raw beauty of some of these girls at these kaeroke joints ..... just to have the few short hours is reason to be alive , ... i feel sorry for you ,,, slve to hormones or is someone lacking hormones???

countless thousands??/ hey this is thai baht...lets get real... 50 bucks!!!

so this is a money deal??? and by the way just to let you know there is a huge dif between oggling and TAKE OUT!!!!do not ever confuse the two .....