Bakeries

Lozza

Try "Bastogne Bakery" on chaofa road, the best on the island, but not cheap.

Tops supermarket bakery in Central, Carrefour in Jungceylon.

Gerd

There's a French Bakery on Chaofa further towards Central on left side ;expensive but good.

and an excellent little Danish Bakery/restaurant near Kata centre, they make very good wholemeal bread

Gerd

gotta agree with thaigerd here.

i miss our saturday mornings at Bastogne.....

Gerd

There's a French Bakery on Chaofa further towards Central on left side ;expensive but good.

and an excellent little Danish Bakery/restaurant near Kata centre, they make very good wholemeal bread

Bastogne Bakery is great...closed on Sundays and Mondays.

The other one is up next to Prompan Market (between the House and Home and the Vet Clinic) and named Aus de Lys. Also very good, very friendly, and I think it may be a little bit less expensive (coffee is for sure).

Gerd

Bastogne Bakery is great...closed on Sundays and Mondays.

The other one is up next to Prompan Market (between the House and Home and the Vet Clinic) and named Aus de Lys. Also very good, very friendly, and I think it may be a little bit less expensive (coffee is for sure).

Yes, Aus de Lys is very good and very friendly owners/staff.

Bastogne started to be a bit arrogant :o many ex regulars are now at ADL.

Gerd

Hallo, there are meanwhile quite a lot of western style bakery shops on Phuket island. Just a few weeks ago Hans opened his small "Fruits of Trang" bakery on Viset Road, Rawai. Then there is the German Bakery Shop in Nai Harn, Mannis Bakery in Kata and Flints-One near Rawai Beach. Excellent bread also in the Deli shop in Patong.

Just a few weeks ago Hans opened his small "Fruits of Trang" bakery on Viset Road, Rawai.
Where on Viset Road is that one?

Normally I buy my bread from Flintstones (flints one these days), but would not mind trying something else occasionally.

Lovely bakery in Laguna area (on the road toward Laguna). After the PTT and just after the big Lemon Grass oil fragrance place on the right hand side.

Aussie owned (i guess, judging by the sign) and they have the absolute best SAUSAGE ROLLS in Phuket! They are quite amazing when you are looking for that delightful sausage roll! (not owner and don't work there)

Just a few weeks ago Hans opened his small "Fruits of Trang" bakery on Viset Road, Rawai. Then there is the German Bakery Shop in Nai Harn,

I am also interested in knowing where these two are exactly. thanks

There are 2 on Vichit road. The one is just north of the turn for Sai Yuan (near the BIG 7/11) on the west side.

There is another one that really is not a sit down/drink coffee kind of place at all, just a wholesale bakery that caters to many of the hotels but will sell you a loaf by the piece. It's not european style bread though.

Then there's another one nobody mentioned in Chalong along the Choafa East road across from the police station. That one's been there a long time and is pleasant and good value IMO.

I also like the one in Nai Harn that is now called the German bakery but used to be called Bruno's as well as Flints ones at the Rawai beach road east end.

There's another one too over near the IKon night club.

Lots of them around the Nai Harn/Rawai/Chalong area for sure.