Prem Concerned That Thaksin Says Privy Council Involved In Politics.

clausewitz

Security at Prem's house tightened

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has ordered increased security around the residence of Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda after the red-shirt protesters threatened to surround his home.

He confirmed the move on Friday. Mr Abhisit said the ongoing political conflict does not arise from differences in social classes, but from differences of opinion.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

Can I perform self-castration? I don't mind if I can superseded that of prime minsters (Thaskin/Samak/Somchai/Mark/etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch

In ancient China castration was both a traditional punishment (until the Sui Dynasty) and a means of gaining employment in the Imperial service. At the end of the Ming Dynasty there were about 3,000 eunuchs (宦官 huànguān, or 太監 tàijiàn) employed by the emperor, with some serving inside the Imperial palace. Certain eunuchs gained immense power that occasionally superseded that of prime ministers. Self-castration was commonplace and half-hearted attempts were sometimes made to make it illegal. The number of eunuchs in Imperial employ had fallen to 470 in 1912, when the practice of using them ceased.

^Correct. I meant that he is a backdoor operator in the sense of being a puppetmaster, and not being a practitioner of the dark arts.

I was not trying to equate 'backdoor' to any rear-end shenanigans. In fact, anyone who jumped to that squalid conclusion should feel ashamed

Prem is a man's man. Though even if he wasn't it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Journalist

^Correct. I meant that he is a backdoor operator in the sense of being a puppetmaster, and not being a practitioner of the dark arts.

I was not trying to equate 'backdoor' to any rear-end shenanigans. In fact, anyone who jumped to that squalid conclusion should feel ashamed

Prem is a man's man. Though even if he wasn't it wouldn't matter.

I thought the same for a moment after reading samgrowth "Eunuch" posting......But of course you aren't Samgrowth.....

But of course when reading your posting alone.....it does not indicate anything.....also sorry for thinking wrong....

Sorry for not answer your PM yet....I do later....

If the reds want to trigger something, it would be a fair guess that they would march on Prem's house. Watch out for indications of that over the next few days.

Thaksin really needs a game changing play and it is hard to see one coming short of a violent event. Abhisit and co have been very calm so far if they remain that way the reds will just find themselves at a dead end.

It amazes me that anyone actual expects ANY Privy Council, anywhere on the planet,

not to be pulling strings and dealing with the political shenanigans of the day,

in a discrete back room way. That really is part of the job description.

I also enjoy this talk of so called 'Secret Meetings" .

Any meeting you weren't invited to was secret.

Any meeting they discussed something you opposed was a seceret plot.

Any meeting where you and your team discussed countering their moves is

freedom fighting for the just cause etc etc.

It works just as well as mirror images.

If they meet over coffee and DON'T discuss you it's just a koffeeklatch.

Gee two or three Privy Councilors discussed whether Thaksin is disloyal.

At the time 'Acting PM', Thaksin was looking very unstable and an ego maniac,

a suitable subject for discussion.

Did they sign orders and pull the switch to put things in motion.

Panlop doesn't say this, he said they discussed Thaksin being disloyal.

Was Panlop a key man to putting the coup in motion?

If you believe his current story then the red shirts should be enraged with him too.

But no, he is NOW Thaksin's inside man; so no matter what he did he's a good guy now??

Situational ethics at it's finest.

General Panlop is as expert a double agent as anyone.

No doubt he is playing Thaksin for love and money, feeding him enough line

to hang himself even bigger, and is more loyal to his old bosses than the

new money boss any given day. But Thaksin is going before the world and

swearing to Panlop's veracity as a reason for public dissent and street harrassment

This guy must be sniggering up his sleaves all day long.

Wasn't it a not so long ago Panlop was fired for attempting to assassinate Thaksin.

Or gee was that only to LOOK like he was,

or gee to look like someone was making him look like he was

or gee.... ignore that man behind the curtain,

The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken.

Face it the whole political class here is made from several thousand

Russian Dolls in Asian livery. You can't tell the players WITH a program

if you could find a program.

Even with Thaksin in charge the little people had no say in the big picture

no matter what they were being told. But the new boss same as the old boass,

was cleaning up just the same, just a different 'front piece lie set' on display.

Either way it's not going back to the old days no matter what red shirts think

and Thaksin is worsening his chances of being brought back into the fold

and back on the gravy train with each utterance.

Edited by animatic

• 4 weeks later...
If Prem and the council aren't involved in politics, then why are they meddling in this sitution?

Even the poorest and least educated Thais can now see very clearly through this masquerade.

The "elites" are not fooling anyone anymore, but only making fool of themselves.

They still think the old way as what they thought 60 or 30 years ago. They still think we don't know anything.

They made us think for so long that Prem was so high and cannot be criticized.

In fact Prem is a regular Thai having high position only.

All I am saying (with photo proof) is that the young Thai subjects are very respectful of the great Prem. This is something to be proud of, not to be ashare of.

Are you implying that Animatic, SamGrowth & Koo82 are a trinity? 1 in 3, and 3 in 1.

http://upic.me/show.php?id=3b959321a5984ff7ed83b9bc8714e797

Prem is well loved by young people in Thailand.

as proofing the photo is, worth to know the statistics, his popularity chart, in an adult population - it's those who are able to understand politics and able vote.

"well loved" is an emmotional expression. Kids on the picture might bow to him, because they were told so by the headmaster, rather than knowing something about Prem's past

Prem had his aide call me

That's all for up to eye ball involvement?

At best you can say that Prem gave moral support to PAD movement. So did millions of others.

He didn't have command of the troops, he didn't give any orders.

Millions of people supported the coup, no one even think about accusing them of being up to eyeball in politics.

Of course Prem's opinion mattered a lot more to the coupmakers than Thaivisa posters, but it was their decision to move ahead, not Prem's, from all available evidence.

Again, that was three years ago. From then on, Prem just basically let the things roll, not even accusations of medding in politics. He has class enough that he doesn't conduct his life or his professional dealings like a Thai soap opera by telling us what his intentions are by soliloquy.

Reds just need an enemy with a name and a face to vent their anger at.

How does any of us know how much support he did or didn't give anyone? Fortunately, he understands his role very well and doesn't ask for a bunch of cameras and reporters to follow him everywhere. Unlike all the other personalities in this mess, he doesn't conduct his professional or personal life like a Thai soap opera where he tells his intentions by soliloquy.

Edited by Thai at Heart

All I am saying (with photo proof) is that the young Thai subjects are very respectful of the great Prem. This is something to be proud of, not to be ashare of.

Are you implying that Animatic, SamGrowth & Koo82 are a trinity? 1 in 3, and 3 in 1.

Actually I though I was last month and that I made sense.

Pretty much on topic about the Privy Council and it's appendages.

Actually I though I was last month and that I made sense.

Pretty much on topic about the Privy Council and it's appendages.

Indeed, it was posted within 2 days of the OP and it ended the topic... which was why my post quoted it as the last legitimate post in this dormant thread and my text was made after it... followed by quotes of the 3 totally unnecessary bumps and their authors referenced in my text.

All the above was clear in my post, except to someone wishing to further the thread even further unnecessarily... with feigned un-clarity... and thus prompted your post... and then... even this post to explain what is happening.

So, in other words, in the future... please...

21fe5ee9bc133b6a.jpg

Otherwise, it creates situations whereby other posts end up asking questions to statements made a month ago... such as the post above yours.

It's all but one of the various ways these types are disruptive to a forum.

Edited by sriracha john

http://upic.me/show.php?id=3b959321a5984ff7ed83b9bc8714e797

Prem is well loved by young people in Thailand.

as proofing the photo is, worth to know the statistics, his popularity chart, in an adult population - it's those who are able to understand politics and able vote.

"well loved" is an emmotional expression. Kids on the picture might bow to him, because they were told so by the headmaster, rather than knowing something about Prem's past

Haha... anybody who has taught in Thailand knows that there are two kinds of students who will wai you. The really really good/polite students, and the naughty kids who are hoping they can buy favor with feigned humility.

What the heck is a popularity chart anyway?

Edited by Vindie