10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

If you want an accountable person, Thaksin is running for Thaksin, you really know who you're dealing with.

Thaksin is running for Thaksin by telling the Reds that he wants to return for them. A bit dishonest wouldn't you say?

Thaksin is the best choice for the reds.

Do you honestly think Abhi offers a better alternative ?

YES

Without a doubt YES and YES.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They offer real good money now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can get 100.000 or more people.

Great, more red trolls stomping around Bangkok. Starting to sound like a Lord of the Rings Plot. Meanwhile, Smeagul Thaksin sits and hides somewhere, being his usual, slimey, double-talking self. My Precious....I want MY PRECIOUS back....Give me my PRECIOUS back and I will help you... and the Red Trolls march on, as the Plot thickens. ;-)

It was tempting not to comment on your rather thin Lord of the Rings analogy.Nevertheless,Thaksin just as Golum a hobbit gone bad, I don't think so.No surely he is the great Sauron himself, the embodiment of evil -a thing lusting after Complete Power.

They offer real good money now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can get 100.000 or more people.

Great, more red trolls stomping around Bangkok. Starting to sound like a Lord of the Rings Plot. Meanwhile, Smeagul Thaksin sits and hides somewhere, being his usual, slimey, double-talking self. My Precious....I want MY PRECIOUS back....Give me my PRECIOUS back and I will help you... and the Red Trolls march on, as the Plot thickens. ;-)

It was tempting not to comment on your rather thin Lord of the Rings analogy.Nevertheless,Thaksin just as Golum a hobbit gone bad, I don't think so.No surely he is the great Sauron himself, the embodiment of evil -a thing lusting after Complete Power.

Spot on!

Out spot, out!

Don't ruing my Sunday go to meeting suit.

We still have classes here. Many hi-class people don't like poor black smelly rural Thais. They say those low-class especially in Isan can be maids and labors only. Hi-class children study in best schools overseas and have good jobs. Low-class sons are border soldiers who can lose their lives any time. Many if not most top leaders in police, army and ministries are from rich families having famous family names. They please people in their group and don't see poor Thais in their eyes. They must be the leading class in Thai society. They make us think we can't be good without their leadership. Even in Parliament, they look down upon Peua Thai's sor sor by saying things like "I can't remember your family name".

We often do what people do as we don't want to stand out like a sore thumb. In politics, we respect the Prime Minister. But one PM after finishing his 8 years seems to think he is above other PMs. Everyone pleases this Ex-PM who is Prem due to his important position.

A party won majority votes and did what they promised during election campaigns. We now know democracy works. We have the choice to vote for the party bringing benefits to us. We are not disappointed. They improved every Thai's life especially the poor who did not receive much in the past, no matter how many PMs we had before. Their target is to move Thailand forward together with countries next to us and to have peace with them.

Every politician says they "serve people" but we know who do and who only say. Again our party won for the 2nd time with 377 votes.

Democrat Party is on the hi-class side, known to have politicians saying polite language. Hi-class business, Army and some more people gain when Democrat Party is in power but poor people don't. Hi-class side knows if they leave things like this, they will lose their power.

So we heard the news of the car bomb trying to kill Khun Thaksin and later, a coup in 2549.

In the past we had coups, elections, coups and elections. We couldn't care less. But this time things got different. They changed Constitution Law and have many ridiculous clauses.

Some results from this Constitution Law:

- They judged things happened in the past. The whole party was dissolved. Top members were banned from politics for 5 years. Where on earth do we have retroactive laws? Where on earth is that if you are wrong, your brothers and sisters are in jail together with you?

- Khun Thaksin must be in jail 2 years. His wife bought a land. No fault what so ever. He was wrong as he signed ok for her to buy. Why did he sign? Law said so.

- Khun Samak went down from PM position after his cooking shows. What funny is he could be a candidate to be PM again if he liked.

- Party dissolved again. 37 members banned.

These things helped cut excellent members out from the competitor so the party now remains about 180 members from 377.

Then the voting for Abhisit.

Chief Army did not obey our PMs to clear yellow protestors although law says he's under PM. Reason: Army is with the ruling class. To protest is legal but to block public venues with weapons are illegal. All of us were shocked watching PAD shoot people at day time and injure policemen. What is funnier is these Policemen were accused of killing and no PAD is punished until today, 8 months after they occupied Government House.

Party for the rich is here and seems cannot decide anything. They don't dare to upset PAD, Army Chief, Newin group and coalition parties. No matter what they did, they can never be dissolved.

Where on earth can a man who joined the blocking of airports for 8 days become Foreign Minister? He is the one to promote Thailand image and to have good relations with other countries but he called PM Hun Sen ai cui, nak laeng, bor bor bar bar and heng suay. I don't talk about the case Cambodia made a road 250 meters as I don't have a source yet. And Abhisit said on tv that, if Kasit is not judged yet, he is still not committed. This is why they brought the case of 7 Oct 2008 to consider because Kasit is not in the list on that day.

I guess that problems with Cambodia and 3 provinces in the South will never end. I guess Army needs reasons to ask for budget to buy weapons. How much do they buy? Which kinds? How is the bidding done? No one knows.

We then ask ourselves

Why can our parties never stay? We did not vote for Democrat Party.

Why could a small group wearing yellow do all these things and are still free?

Why did they catch and judge the reds who threw stones and eggs within a few days?

Why did a man who did not have the blood test for Army call can be qualified to be PM?

Why could a PM go down because he cooked on tv?

How could a man live on top of Yai Thaeng mountain when people at the mountain foot were arrested?

How could a new PM announce his policies in Ministry of Foreign Affairs when law says must be done in Parliament House only?

How could they keep those cases with Democrat Party in file for years so we can't know if they were right or wrong?

How could they dissolve political parties that easily?

How could they write new Constitution Law allowing coups?

Why did policemen being hit, injured, run over by a pick up and they are not protected?

Why do soldiers still die at borders?

Why are top people in the Army involved in politics when their duty is not?

In the past, we did not dare to criticize Army Chief and Prem, because they made us think we are not allowed to do so and they are super seniors in our country.

A lot more forces us to think whether we want to live in this double standard society or we want to have democracy?

So, we come to the conclusion that Prem is on top of the ruling class because no one else can have such a power to control all of these people.

The fight is between

- A group wearing red who needs their right to live like human beings and to have justice. Many of them are not poor at all.

- And a group who thinks they are on our shoulders, they are better than us and they must control us. This group has Prem as the leader. Abhisit is just a puppet.

We still have classes here. Many hi-class people don't like poor black smelly rural Thais. They say those low-class especially in Isan can be maids and labors only. Hi-class children study in best schools overseas and have good jobs. Low-class sons are border soldiers who can lose their lives any time. Many if not most top leaders in police, army and ministries are from rich families having famous family names. They please people in their group and don't see poor Thais in their eyes. They must be the leading class in Thai society. They make us think we can't be good without their leadership. Even in Parliament, they look down upon Peua Thai's sor sor by saying things like "I can't remember your family name".

We often do what people do as we don't want to stand out like a sore thumb. In politics, we respect the Prime Minister. But one PM after finishing his 8 years seems to think he is above other PMs. Everyone pleases this Ex-PM who is Prem due to his important position.

A party won majority votes and did what they promised during election campaigns. We now know democracy works. We have the choice to vote for the party bringing benefits to us. We are not disappointed. They improved every Thai's life especially the poor who did not receive much in the past, no matter how many PMs we had before. Their target is to move Thailand forward together with countries next to us and to have peace with them.

Every politician says they "serve people" but we know who do and who only say. Again our party won for the 2nd time with 377 votes.

Democrat Party is on the hi-class side, known to have politicians saying polite language. Hi-class business, Army and some more people gain when Democrat Party is in power but poor people don't. Hi-class side knows if they leave things like this, they will lose their power.

So we heard the news of the car bomb trying to kill Khun Thaksin and later, a coup in 2549.

In the past we had coups, elections, coups and elections. We couldn't care less. But this time things got different. They changed Constitution Law and have many ridiculous clauses.

- They judged things happened in the past. The whole party was dissolved. Top members were banned from politics for 5 years. Where on earth do we have retroactive laws? Where on earth is that if you are wrong, your brothers and sisters are in jail together with you?

- Khun Thaksin must be in jail 2 years. His wife bought a land. No fault what so ever. He was wrong as he signed ok for her to buy. Why did he sign? Law said so.

- Khun Samak went down from PM position after his cooking shows. What funny is he could be a candidate to be PM again if he liked.

These things helped cut excellent members out from the competitor so the party now remains about 180 members from 377.

Chief Army did not obey our PMs to clear yellow protestors although law says he's under PM. Reason: Army is with the ruling class. To protest is legal but to block public venues with weapons are illegal. All of us were shocked watching PAD shoot people at day time and injure policemen. What is funnier is these Policemen were accused of killing and no PAD is punished until today, 8 months after they occupied Government House.

Party for the rich is here and seems cannot decide anything. They don't dare to upset PAD, Army Chief, Newin group and coalition parties. No matter what they did, they can never be dissolved.

Where on earth can a man who joined the blocking of airports for 8 days become Foreign Minister? He is the one to promote Thailand image and to have good relations with other countries but he called PM Hun Sen ai cui, nak laeng, bor bor bar bar and heng suay. I don't talk about the case Cambodia made a road 250 meters as I don't have a source yet. And Abhisit said on tv that, if Kasit is not judged yet, he is still not committed. This is why they brought the case of 7 Oct 2008 to consider because Kasit is not in the list on that day.

I guess that problems with Cambodia and 3 provinces in the South will never end. I guess Army needs reasons to ask for budget to buy weapons. How much do they buy? Which kinds? How is the bidding done? No one knows.

We then ask ourselves

Why did they catch and judge the reds who threw stones and eggs within a few days?

Why did a man who did not have the blood test for Army call can be qualified to be PM?

How could a man live on top of Yai Thaeng mountain when people at the mountain foot were arrested?

How could a new PM announce his policies in Ministry of Foreign Affairs when law says must be done in Parliament House only?

How could they keep those cases with Democrat Party in file for years so we can't know if they were right or wrong?

Why did policemen being hit, injured, run over by a pick up and they are not protected?

In the past, we did not dare to criticize Army Chief and Prem, because they made us think we are not allowed to do so and they are super seniors in our country.

A lot more forces us to think whether we want to live in this double standard society or we want to have democracy?

So, we come to the conclusion that Prem is on top of the ruling class because no one else can have such a power to control all of these people.

The fight is between

- A group wearing red who needs their right to live like human beings and to have justice. Many of them are not poor at all.

- And a group who thinks they are on our shoulders, they are better than us and they must control us. This group has Prem as the leader. Abhisit is just a puppet.

There is not this Hi So / Low So Class war in Thailand.

There is 66 MILLION class wars happening as any Thai meets another Thai

and they try and determine where in the kow tow order they fit.

Sometimes it's obvious, other times it's an ego driven toss up.

This is the root cause of much of the countries maladies:

One-ups-manship and blatant envy.

Edited by animatic

Ex-TRT Chatchuron who is influential in certain of their circles has apparently called for investigations into UDD claims by a neutral committee and a neutral committee to be set up to look into constitutional ammendment. This does not sound like people's revolution and Chatchuron has a far bettre claim to left wing stuff like that than Thakisn does. Putting into the light of UDD lowering their expectations from 1 million (which would be pretty revolutionary), it seems that April 8 may not be the revolution that some speakers have claimed it will be and some on the UDD side see this.

Can we settle now for the realistic expectation that the total number of demonstrators nationwide on April 8 is unlikely to break much into six figures - maybe not even that? With luck, by April 9/10 we'll see an end to the mind-numbing repetition of the same self-amusing members saying effectively the same thing in post after post with minuscule variation - and not just in this thread. :o zzzzzzzz..........

Ex-TRT Chatchuron <MEGA SNIP> this.

Can we settle now for the realistic expectation that the total number of demonstrators nationwide on April 8 is unlikely to break much into six figures - maybe not even that? With luck, by April 9/10 we'll see an end to the mind-numbing repetition of the same self-amusing members saying effectively the same thing in post after post with minuscule variation - and not just in this thread. :o zzzzzzzz..........

I'm just back from visiting the Government House area.

I was very surprised at the low numbers in front of the

stage and in the side streets (between 2.00pm and 3.30pm).

And this was before it even started to rain heavily.

Six figures nationwide maybe, but I feel the organisers are going to

need to do something radical to get the Bangkok numbers up.

11.jpg

14.jpg

others here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/11401580@N03/

What I find ironic is that the yellow supporters on here say how hard and tough and beastly the Reds are.

And the Red fans say how weedy their louts are compared to the Yellow ones.

Surely, one should be saying 'Yes, my thugs are far gnarlier than yours'. For when it comes to the guard units and paramilitary wings and causing regime change, being vicious is part of their CV aint it?

We then ask ourselves

The fight is between

Most of your points are true and valid. If the changes that you and the other redshirts espouse could actually be made, Thailand would be a better place for all. However, can't you redshirts find a leader who isn't corrupt, dishonest and prone to violence? I'm not just referring to Thaksin here, many of the Red leaders seem to fit this description. :o

^^^ exactly. Koo if this was civil rights issue, you'd be preaching to the choir here. so, here's what you do- head over to the television stations and demand they put brown thais in positions other than servants on soap operas. and that they be allowed to be newscasters and analysts. go to companies like mistine and demand they use brown skinned models. then head over to chula and thammasat and tell them you want brown lecturers. and go out and demonstrate in front of the courts for brown skinned judges. thats how blacks, latinos and asians did it in the us and uk. come back and tell us how much support thaksin and chalerm give you- lets see if thaksin lives up to his most reprehensible statement- comparing himself to nelson mandela.

Edited by Netfan

30099720-01.jpg

Ex-PM's motive is to likely damage revered monarchy institution: Prem

Thaksin denies sabotage claims again

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, declaring yesterday that the goal of his fighting is to remove bureaucratic polity from the country, denied allegations that he intended to sabotage the monarchy institution.

During a phone-in to his supporters at Government House, Thaksin attacked three former prime ministers - Privy Council chief General Prem Tinsulanonda, Surayud Chulanont and Anand Panyarachun - and Privy Councillor Phichit Kullavanijaya as being conservatives who did not want to see Thailand become a more democratic country.

He accused the four of being bureaucrats who are dragging democracy backwards. He said that during his premiership he helped democracy take a big leap forward.

He alleged that Prem was premier for eight years without being elected by the people but only because Members of Parliament supported him. Surayud and Anand also prime minterial posts to lead coup-installed governments.

He urged his supporters to rally on Wednesday to fight against bureaucratic polity and bureaucratic interference so that the people achieved true democracy.

"Bring your children and grandchildren."

"If you come en mass, they will not dare to stage a coup. Let me be the last PM that fell victim to a coup,'' he said.

Thaksin also rejected the allegation from Phichit that he shifted more than 100 Billion Baht to the Cayman Islands, an island notorious for money laundering.

Thaksin vehemently denied the allegation, saying that if the Democrat-led government could find his money in the Caymans then it could take the money and put to good use for the country.

Earlier yesterday, Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanonda said that Thaksin's motive in attacking people who serve His Majesty the King was likely sabotage of the revered institution.

During a press interview after chairing an awards presentation at Thammasat University, he refused to respond to the allegation from Thaksin's supporters that he plotted the September 19 coup that brought down the Thaksin government.

"I will not say again. I have already said it all,'' he said. Prem denied the allegation when speaking to the people of Songkhla, his hometown.

Prem said he did not need to prepare anything against the threats by red-shirted protesters to lay siege to his residence - Ban Si Sao Thewes. He would not leave his home as it was the only one he had.

He refused to answer directly whether he believed Thaksin had any ulterior motive in condemning him and former prime minister Surayud Chulanont.

"The media knows better than me. I am not paying attention to what Thaksin says. I have said many times that I do not listen to what he says,'' he said.

When pressed further to answer whether he believes Thaksin wants to sabotage the monarchy by attacking people who served the King, Prem said "probably''. And when asked how he could prevent that from happening, he said, "(Thaksin) should not say".

His advice for these trying times was for Thais to love one another, unite and follow in the footsteps of the King, as well as live the life guided by him.

Sumet Tantivejkul, president of the Foundation for a Clean and Transparent Thailand, said he had not been contacted to become the mediator in reconciling the two conflicting parties and only heard about it from the media. He said negotiation was the best solution to the problems facing the country.

- The Nation / 2009-04-06

30099719-01.jpg

President of the Royal Academy Chai-anan Samudvanij

It's all about Thaksin : Chai-anan

Chai-anan Samudvanij, President of the Royal Academy, talks to Krungthep Turakij newspaper on the current political confrontation.

Q : Is there still a solution to the political crisis? The red-shirt anti-government movement has demanded a House dissolution.

A : It's difficult. First of all, the protesters have not had any specific criticisms of the current government. There's nothing substantial in their argument except the fact that they've been setting the stage for Thaksin (Shinawatra), the former premier, to phone in from overseas or hold the video link sessions.

I've not heard anything from any speakers on the red-shirt stage with regard to serious offences committed by the current government.

Politically, I think the intent is to show off the public support for the ex-premier rather than criticising the government in order to overthrow it.

The movement's demands for the government to quit or dissolve the House are just unreasonable. The Abhisit government was formed after the former People Power Party (PPP) was disbanded. As a result, members of that Party had to join other Parties in accordance with the charter.

PPP was just like any other Parties, which grouped together various types of politicians.

In other words, the largest parties with the most MPs are supposed to form the government and that's also the case for the current government. As a result, the red shirt movement's argument that the current government came to power undemocratically is relatively weak.

Q: You still insist that there's no solution to the confrontation.

A: I don't see a way out of this mess because the anti-government gathering is designed to open the way for Khun Thaksin. It was planned and coordinated in such a fashion.

Q: Will there be any compromise? Is there going to be any high-powered mediator?

A: It's uncompromisable because Thaksin was convicted by the court. There are also other pending cases against him in the justice process. Hence, the only way Thaksin thought he could fight these cases was to use the masses to serve his purpose.

He thought he needed a new political landscape, a new general election after which his allies could form the new government to reconcile, to grant amnesty to politicians currently banned from politics. I think no one will allow that to happen.

On the red shirts, my observation is that the core leaders are mainly the speakers but there have been very few speakers from the masses who joined these protests. They mainly applaud and clapped their hands.

However, the yellow shirts were quite different. There were more political debates among those protesters.

Q: What's the probability of violence (as Thaksin and other red-shirt leaders urge people to join the mass gathering on Wednesday)?

A: There is a reasonably high probability. It would be very unfortunate if there would be people killed because they wanted to support Thaksin. Such a cause would be un-worthwhile, but I think it's possible.

Q: Again, what's your suggestion if we wanted to avoid such a possible scenario?

A: It's all about Thaksin. If he changed, the situation changed.

Q: What about your feeling as far as General Prem Tinasulanonda (president of the Privy Council) is concerned, since you used to be one of his advisers?

A: Nothing, but it's quite usual that he would be attacked because one of his close aides (General Surayud Chulanond) was prime minister (following the Sept 19, 2006 coup).

- The Nation / 2009-04-06

BANGKOK, April 4 (Xinhua) -- According to local media, the UDD leaders are confident that the scheduled mass rally on April 8 would "attract over one million people" and justify their calls for dissolving the coalition government and holding a new general election.

============================================================

300,000 to take on the government

Wednesday is D-Day for the mobilisation of 300,000 red shirts for a showdown with the government.

Organisers like Natthawut Saikua are demanding the House's dissolution, a general election and the resignation of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda.

Natthawut said yesterday the April 8 rally would be a historic event. He has promised the red shirts would multiply and fill Rajdamnoen Avenue.

Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra used his phone-in to urge red shirts to turn up in full force and push for political reform.

Jatuporn Phrompan predicts change was inevitable in light of the red shirts swelling to occupy areas around Government House, the Royal Plaza, and the Si Sao Thewes residence of Prem.

Jatuporn said red shirts from all corners of the country would start heading for Bangkok today.

The Cabinet is expected to resume its weekly meetings tomorrow after cancelling the one last week because of the absence of the prime minister, who attended the G-20 Summit in London.

The Cabinet might choose to gather in Pattaya to avoid any inconvenience caused by the red-shirt protests. The Cabinet Secretariat is likely to finalise its decision on the venue today. Yesterday, Cabinet secretary-general Surachai Phuprasert said he still had no confirmation on the matter.

The ASEAN Summit +3 and +6 will start on Friday in the beach resort of Pattaya.

ASEAN leaders will meet their counterparts over the weekend from China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and India.

The summit's venue was relocated from Phuket to the more subdued seaside resort in Chonburi to make way for the water festivities during Songkran.

Despite the recent border flare-ups, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen has confirmed his appearance at the summit before returning to celebrate Songkran with his fellow citizens.

The red shirts have threatened to demonstrate against the assembly of ASEAN leaders.

- The Nation / Apr 6

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, declaring yesterday that the goal of his fighting is to remove bureaucratic polity from the country, denied allegations that he intended to sabotage the monarchy institution.

Earlier yesterday, Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanonda said that Thaksin's motive in attacking people who serve His Majesty the King was likely sabotage of the revered institution.

When pressed further to answer whether he believes Thaksin wants to sabotage the monarchy by attacking people who served the King, Prem said "probably''. And when asked how he could prevent that from happening, he said, "(Thaksin) should not say".

Is what Prem said constitute to lese majeste? Privy Council President not withstanding

Q: What's the probability of violence (as Thaksin and other red-shirt leaders urge people to join the mass gathering on Wednesday)?

A: There is a reasonably high probability.

Thaksin

"Bring your children and grandchildren."

:D:o

A fairly meaningless juxtaposition of quotes but not worth commenting on.

Interesting comment however from Khun Chai-anan.I wonder how Chai -anan thinks that violence is going to materialise.Are the Reds going to start beating each other up? It's presumably too early for the Yellows to mobilise.In any event, apart from some isolated and deplorable incidents, there isn't a history of factional street battles.So one is left with a possible violent clamp down by the armed forces or police after presumably some real or manafactured "provocation".Again this scenario doesn't really seem very likely.

So perhaps one is just left with the possibility of wish fulfilment by someone who is obsessed by hated of Thaksin, a prominent supporter of the coup and the military junta who seems to be looking forward to violence to forward his agenda.You can just imagine the political landscape this guy would like to foist on the Thai people.

Is what Prem said constitute to lese majeste? Privy Council President not withstanding

No I don't think so.But it is fairly evident that his actions and comments may have been very damaging to the institution, sad really.

No I don't think so.But it is fairly evident that his actions and comments may have been very damaging to the institution, sad really.

With more and more Privy council members speaking out, people might get the wrong ideas that they are speaking on behalf of the King. Perhaps that is their intention.

With more and more Privy council members speaking out, people might get the wrong ideas that they are speaking on behalf of the King. Perhaps that is their intention.

This assumes that they can not speak out as individuals because they also hold said position.

Just because youb are an advisor doesn't make you a speach-less non-citizen.

I don't think his words in any way harm anything but Thaksin's plans,

and I don't think anything Prem said borders on LM either.

There is something wrong, with letting a convicted Criminal make phone-ins, attempting to everthrow the Government, to get Amnesty for his and other peoples crimes. I have no idea why the current government let it drag on this long? Setting up a link for Thaksin to speak via satelite at the demonstration site, made the gathering illegal. In most countries around the World, the Government would have moved in right away and disbanded he protesters, after determining, that some of their actions were highly illegal.

I say, break it up, while it is small and then immediately break up any attempts to have more Red demonstrations, anywhere in the Country. They have proven, that they are an illegal movement by letting a convicted criminal speak for them (via video link) and by supporting this convicted Criminal.

They are attempting to remove the current government for self serving reasons...mainly to create a setting, where Amnesty is possible, for all their political members and supporters, who where judged guilty of illegal activities, such as vote buying.

Then of course, there is the issue, of the former TRT wanting to get their hands back into the cookie (money) jar.

In the end, most of it is about who gets to benefit from all the corruption. Who gets to benefit from Government contracts for infra structure, etc. I have no illusions...both sides are corrupt, when it comes to that, but bringing back a convicted criminal is not the answer. That is the reason the RED protest leaders are out there right now, because they want all that corruption money for themselves. Everything else, is only smoke and mirrors.

Meanwhile, there is a good chance, that people will get hurt again, if this continues (and yes, I agree, it will continue) :o For some of them, I won't feel bad (the ones who come in with open eyes and are only there out of greed), but for the poor misguided ones, who truly believe that Thaksin was a good man worth supporting, I do feel sorry for them and I don't want to see them get hurt.

I just hope that demonstration numbers will remain fairly low, as they are at the moment, so that this situation can be easy contained (and hopefully without violence)

The right to demonstrate has been abused and taken beyond it's limits by both the PAD and the REDS. If you want to have an effective Government, you have to put your foot down sometimes and stop some of these gatherings, before they turn into a disaster. Don't misunderstand me, I do believe in the right to demonstrate, but having a convicted criminal as the main attraction at the demonstrations, is taking it a bit too far.

Last night, I did see a few more people in Red shirts, in Chiang Mai Province (more than the day before). Also a few in yellow shirts. Most people still seem to stay away from both colours, though, which is as good sign. As always, the media is trying to get a story and saying that most people are just not interested in participating on either side, just doesn't make an exciting enough story for them, I think.

Well, only two more days to find out what happens. I still truly believe, that there will be around 20,000 demonstrators at Government House on the 8th. I believe that they will get violent, because otherwise, their movement would quickly become smaller and smaller and would eventually be totally ineffectual.

The Government will do anything within it's power to continue to keep it non-violent, because it''s in the Governments best interest to keep it peaceful. Water Cannons and teargas should do the trick, along with shields and other protective gear. Like it was mentioned in the media, after last Octobers violent crackdown, of the previous government, there are international standards for crowd disbursement, which should be followed and most likely will be followed this time.

So in other words, Protesters will probably get wet and red-eyed a few days early and might be a little sore for a few days, but in the end, it probably won't feel much worse than the average Songkran hangover ;-)

There is something wrong, with letting a convicted Criminal make phone-ins, attempting to everthrow the Government, to get Amnesty for his and other peoples crimes. I have no idea why the current government let it drag on this long? Setting up a link for Thaksin to speak via satelite at the demonstration site, made the gathering illegal. In most countries around the World, the Government would have moved in right away and disbanded he protesters, after determining, that some of their actions were highly illegal.

I say, break it up, while it is small and then immediately break up any attempts to have more Red demonstrations, anywhere in the Country. They have proven, that they are an illegal movement by letting a convicted criminal speak for them (via video link) and by supporting this convicted Criminal.

They are attempting to remove the current government for self serving reasons...mainly to create a setting, where Amnesty is possible, for all their political members and supporters, who where judged guilty of illegal activities, such as vote buying.

Then of course, there is the issue, of the former TRT wanting to get their hands back into the cookie (money) jar.

In the end, most of it is about who gets to benefit from all the corruption. Who gets to benefit from Government contracts for infra structure, etc. I have no illusions...both sides are corrupt, when it comes to that, but bringing back a convicted criminal is not the answer. That is the reason the RED protest leaders are out there right now, because they want all that corruption money for themselves. Everything else, is only smoke and mirrors.

Meanwhile, there is a good chance, that people will get hurt again, if this continues (and yes, I agree, it will continue) :D For some of them, I won't feel bad (the ones who come in with open eyes and are only there out of greed), but for the poor misguided ones, who truly believe that Thaksin was a good man worth supporting, I do feel sorry for them and I don't want to see them get hurt.

I just hope that demonstration numbers will remain fairly low, as they are at the moment, so that this situation can be easy contained (and hopefully without violence)

The right to demonstrate has been abused and taken beyond it's limits by both the PAD and the REDS. If you want to have an effective Government, you have to put your foot down sometimes and stop some of these gatherings, before they turn into a disaster. Don't misunderstand me, I do believe in the right to demonstrate, but having a convicted criminal as the main attraction at the demonstrations, is taking it a bit too far.

Last night, I did see a few more people in Red shirts, in Chiang Mai Province (more than the day before). Also a few in yellow shirts. Most people still seem to stay away from both colours, though, which is as good sign. As always, the media is trying to get a story and saying that most people are just not interested in participating on either side, just doesn't make an exciting enough story for them, I think.

Well, only two more days to find out what happens. I still truly believe, that there will be around 20,000 demonstrators at Government House on the 8th. I believe that they will get violent, because otherwise, their movement would quickly become smaller and smaller and would eventually be totally ineffectual.

The Government will do anything within it's power to continue to keep it non-violent, because it''s in the Governments best interest to keep it peaceful. Water Cannons and teargas should do the trick, along with shields and other protective gear. Like it was mentioned in the media, after last Octobers violent crackdown, of the previous government, there are international standards for crowd disbursement, which should be followed and most likely will be followed this time.

So in other words, Protesters will probably get wet and red-eyed a few days early and might be a little sore for a few days, but in the end, it probably won't feel much worse than the average Songkran hangover ;-)

I disagree Kurt. I think he should talk everyday. He is only digging himself deeper and deeper with each comment. Eventually his ego is going to take over and he is going to say something really stupid, and even his own hard core people are going to blink.

By mouthing off continuously, he is really hurting his own cause. Im reminded of Ben Franklin, when he said "Its better to stay silent have have people think you are an idiot, then to open your mouth and erase all doubt" - or something to that effect. (cue the "pot/kettle" comments :o )

^ Well, this government does not have a good record for protecting freedom of speech, so I don't think that that is why they are allowing him to continue making broadcasts.

Thaksin has a pretty good record for putting his foot in his mouth. I think that they are waiting for him to slip up and say exactly who he is really opposed to. The minute he says "Down with...." He will become a political has been.

I don't think he deserves the video link,

especially since he is fomenting insurrection.

But also because he is banned from politics,

and has a criminal conviction and is trying to

retroactively anul it and any actions of his past.

While I agree 100% his mouth will sink him the longer he talks,

I think he has crossed that Rubicon already,

but poor misguided people will be getting hurt in the violence if he continues.

Both psychologically, like Koo82, and in some cases physically.

He is trying to rebuild his cult of personality and take it to the streets

as a democracy movement and he has some takers for the moment.

But the govnt. can't allow this to be open ended.

The line of demarcation for violence approaches as the court dates for

his sequestered money's disposition approaches.

For him money is power and power is face and he has lost too much of each,

and can't 'face' the facts it was mostly from his OWN HAND, that he has incurred

these massive loses. He has lost big cash due to mismanagement in a bad economy,

and so has only the trappings of power through the video links to assuage his faltering ego.

He at least can make the REDS jump through hoops for him,

feels like the old power jones, but that is never enough.

He lives to control something big. He has been up, and down will NEVER do again.

And those under him mean too little, because they are JUST parts to his big machine,

the control machine that ALMOST makes him feel good about himself, but never completely.

PAD ≤≥ REDS / RADS ≤≥ PEDS

it's all just a construct on the face of a power struggle,

and Thaksin's side is the less altruistic no matter HOW they put a good face on it.

That face they show is no less a facade than the other,

but I think the avarice runs much deeper.

Edited by animatic

If they cut off his video link then people will be following someone or a group of people who will be telling them what Thaksin told them to do--that is probably far more dangerous than him telling people directly. At least he can be held accountable for his own words.

Meanwhile, there is a good chance, that people will get hurt again, if this continues (and yes, I agree, it will continue) :o For some of them, I won't feel bad (the ones who come in with open eyes and are only there out of greed), but for the poor misguided ones, who truly believe that Thaksin was a good man worth supporting, I do feel sorry for them and I don't want to see them get hurt.

You still believe 20,000 ? Is that less than was there a little over a week ago? Or are we still calling it a few thousand then?

I agree both sides abuse there rights, but this is how government changes here historically and lately.

Curious if you felt the same when the PAD took over the Airport?

" For some of them, I won't feel bad (the ones who come in with open eyes and are only there out of greed"

It really seems your missing the big picture. The very vast majority of the red-shirts feel they are working for a democratic movement. Is it greedy to vote in an election and have the majority of votes choose the leader-s?

Im sure each side is still a long way from a true democracy but this is what these people believe this is about. The problem is many red-shirts see and know how corrupt the system is and has been and therefore dont believe slanted views like those printed in the Nation and Bangkok Post, that can be described as Anti-Thaksin and pro-military and PAD.

I think you can only hold people back so long. If Thaksin and the Reds have the support of the majority of Thailands poor then I would have to think thats a very large backing they have.

I hope as you do things will not get violent. If it does it will no doubt be the fault of the Reds if read about in the above papers.

If they cut off his video link then people will be following someone or a group of people who will be telling them what Thaksin told them to do--that is probably far more dangerous than him telling people directly. At least he can be held accountable for his own words.

Yeah, but that was going on before.

The relative uptick in general numbers and momentum happened

when HE started talking nightly. Cut off his bully pulpit

and the energy goes down significantly after a spell.

I think he has more than hung himself in the last week or so, anyway.

Edited by animatic

Ex-TRT Chatchuron <MEGA SNIP> this.

I'm just back from visiting the Government House area.

I was very surprised at the low numbers in front of the

stage and in the side streets (between 2.00pm and 3.30pm).

And this was before it even started to rain heavily.

Six figures nationwide maybe, but I feel the organisers are going to

need to do something radical to get the Bangkok numbers up.

11.jpg

14.jpg

others here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/11401580@N03/

What numbers do you see currently?

Is there any chance the numbers wil increase tomorrow by the 8th?

can 300,000 people show up? On paper yes, but I just don't see how that many people really love Mr. T to actually show up.

They are selected by HM the King and they have a lot experience, so I am sure they know what they do.