10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

Uh,

isn't calling for an uprising to return him to power called 'insurrection'

and thus a pretty darned prosecutable offense?

Sounds like Thaksin is trying to create a nationwide uprising against the government.

Not just demonstrations but chaos to bring down the government.

Insurrection, which sounds pretty close to treason, no?

And doing this with communication links from other sovereign contries.

Again this sounds like stuff most countries do NOT want to be involved in allowing from their soil.

It may just be 'do or die' for Thaksin,

because he is quickly closing the doors on other options for himself.

It's ashame all this must happen over his wanting so badly to get his pile of dough back.

And no small measure of revenge fantasies on his part too no doubt.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police at Makkawan Bridge have tied red ribbons around their heads.

have picture?

Not now as I'm not there.

For the time being, view this

police.jpg

Can anyone identify what is the police holding in the right hand?

Look like an equipment to cut off your balls.

Thanks to those reporting from on the ground.

Re numbers:

Protest surrounds Thai Govt House

By South East Asia correspondent Karen Percy

Posted 2 hours 30 minutes ago

Updated 2 hours 31 minutes ago

An anti-government protest group in Thailand is expanding its action across the country, calling on supporters to target government buildings in the kingdom's many provinces.

Groups of several hundred people have rallied at government buildings in more than 10 provinces.

In Bangkok, they have surrounded Government House, restricting access for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

During the day security officers outnumber the protesters, but at night the crowds at Government House swell from just a few thousand to as many as 20,000.

abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/30/2530281.htm

(Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Just got back from a lunchtime jaunt down to Govt House.

Interesting stage set,

I'll bang up some more in a wee while

nice pics... but I do prefer the same view with Nuttawutta's impersonation of Michelle Pfeiffer on a piano in the movie The Fabulous Baker Boys.

To post a photo without a link... start a photobucket.com account and put the blockquote><p>Right, thanks, let

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv244/adaptorplug/aaDSC_0041.jpg' alt='aaDSC_0041.jpg'>

I reckon bloke on left (well known bloke on left) is saying...

"Thish man with the crutchesh shaysh that the thirty baht health shcheme

alsho coversh dental."

edited to say <sorry, the bugger is huge>

Edited by Splatter

my wife told me, but I doubt that, that: If Abhisit fails he can go to HM the King and tells that he failed and ask for a royal appointed government.

Is that in the constitution?

If yes, how should that look like, there is a parliament and the parliament could vote against the appointed goverment.

Anyone read the constitution?

The 2540 Constitution Law does not say this, but after the coup, Army made new Constitution Law 2550 ok for this.

When voting for this, they sent people to villages saying if we don't sign, we don't love Father. However both my husband and I did not vote for this noble Constitution Law as it is very ridiculous and is not democratic.

From what I remember, Abhisit did this thing once, but our Father said he is not involved in politics and PM must come from elections.

This 2550 version said if 50,000 people sign names, they will consider amend Constitution Law. The reds collected 200,000 signatures. After checking, only 70,000 are qualified. This matter is a top of Parliament's list of thing to do, but people always find other matters to cut queue, thinking if we amend, Khun Thaksin will come back.

In other words they cheated with 130,000 signatures. Sounds about right for the Reds record with creating fake numbers, and exaggeration. Bit like the Thaksinophiles rampant imagination when it comes to fantasising about the Thaksin support base. Or maybe even the means that Thaksin himself got voted into power in the first place. Ghost voters aplenty at Isaan election time I know from personal experience. I really have my doubts that TRT had nearly as many votes as they liked everyone else to think they had. Trouble is Thaksin made sure he stuffed the Election Commission with his own people and the rest were neutralised by the system. Bit like the judiciary under Thaksin, come to that. :o

Edited by plachon

The reds brought in 2 yellow cranes to lift containers.

Why didn't they use police trucks and containers to block yellows? Why did they allow yellows to occupy Government House for 3 months and 2 airports for a week?

Is it clear now who and who is in the same gang trying to knock PM coming from election?

P1020953.jpg

P1020958.jpg

Uh,

isn't calling for an uprising to return him to power called 'insurrection'

and thus a pretty darned prosecutable offense?

Sounds like Thaksin is trying to create a nationwide uprising against the government.

Not just demonstrations but chaos to bring down the government.

Insurrection, which sounds pretty close to treason, no?

And doing this with communication links from other sovereign contries.

Again this sounds like stuff most countries do NOT want to be involved in allowing from their soil.

It may just be 'do or die' for Thaksin,

because he is quickly closing the doors on other options for himself.

It's ashame all this must happen over his wanting so badly to get his pile of dough back.

And no small measure of revenge fantasies on his part too no doubt.

We are seeing this completely alike.

Why didn't they use police trucks and containers to block yellows? Why did they allow yellows to occupy Government House for 3 months and 2 airports for a week?

Is it clear now who and who is in the same gang trying to knock PM coming from election?

My wife told she was there (at the yellows) when the moved and climbed over a container.

There was the famous news, when 300 policemen with police trucks tried to stop around 4000 PAD Demonstrators and from the other side 10.000 Labor union member came.

The famous words from Chamlong "if the cameramen could leave the top of the trucks before someone is hurting themself" "if the police could kindly remove them before the PAD has to do it". (nothing was put in the canal)

P1020953.jpg

P1020958.jpg

cuckoo ... ramble alert ... yes, why indeed?

Interesting paragraph from an article in the Wall Street Journal (March 30th):

Mr. Thaksin's followers, mostly lower-income Thais, can now replicate the kind of mass demonstrations that Mr. Thaksin's opponents have staged the past few years. While many demonstrators held up Thaksin portraits, others carried signs associating the protests with Thailand's pro-democracy movements of 1973 and 1992, when civilians rose up against military-backed governments.

online.wsj.com/article/SB123831522986266595.html

I suspect DTV would not have felt that welcome when PAD/ASTV were running their show inside GH last year.

But since DTV didn't start broadcasting until this January, that situation couldn't have happened, anyway.

For me the good news is, you now have a choice of two opposing points-of-view, in DTV & ASTV, which represents an improvement on just one or the other, depending on who was in power. Media freedom comes in small steps ! :o

Just got back from a lunchtime jaunt down to Govt House.

Interesting stage set,

I'll bang up some more in a wee while

nice pics... but I do prefer the same view with Nuttawutta's impersonation of Michelle Pfeiffer on a piano in the movie The Fabulous Baker Boys.

Imageaspx7yxswu47.jpgMichellePfeifferonPiano2small.jpg

To post a photo without a link... start a photobucket.com account and put the blockquote><p>Right, thanks, let

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv244/adaptorplug/aaDSC_0041.jpg' alt='aaDSC_0041.jpg'>

edited to say <sorry, the bugger is huge>

It's ok, the forum software automatically shrinks any over-sized photo to an acceptable limit.

Welcome to direct photo posting. :o

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews

Take a look at the breaking news now. Protest has mushroomed all over Thailand northern provinced.

Looks like PM Mark will need to decare a new office space soon. So far he has been avoiding going to GH claiming that he has other appointment outside, and NOT because the Reds are there.

Well I live in Northern Thailand and right outside my office (where it normally quiet) there are about 10 minivans all full of people looking like they are waiting to coordinate with something. Maybe after a day on my computer I am really out of touch with what's going on :o

But for sure from what I have heard those unable to go to Bangkok will be off to local govt offices.

I heard from a regular tv channel (I think it was TNN. I was in the kitchen) that tomorrow morning Abhisit will go to GH. The reds said they will hear news around 3am to 8am and will wake up and run immediately to stop Abhisit.

Khun Thaksin has just finished the video link. He said if Army uses violence to the reds when the reds do not break law and have no weapons, he will be in Thailand and will lead the reds in provinces to enter Bangkok right away.

He said Kasit will take back his passport.

Photo I took on 26th March. Containers were moved into klong by the reds.

PICT0539.jpg

If they used these, how could the yellows block into GH, camped there 3 months and camped at 2 airports for a week? In order to knock a democratically elected government, they don't care how much they damage and how other countries think of Thailand. In order to be government, Democrat Party never stops their Sor Sor member from protesting with yellows and now brings PAD to top positions like a reward. In order to have budget to buy weapons, tanks and planes, Army does not care how much PAD damaged Thai economy and image. They did not work seriously to stop PAD. They supported Democrat to be government. Abhisit does not know what "shy" is. These people do not really care for Thailand in general. They are rich no matter how chip hai Thailand is.

Simple reason: Thai Rak Thai / People Power Party / Peua Thai improved poor people's lives but not noble's lives. This is why they cannot stay. They will be down any time.

PICT0528.jpg

PICT0522.jpg

Edited by Koo82

I heard from a regular tv channel (I think it was TNN. I was in the kitchen) that tomorrow morning Abhisit will go to GH. The reds said they will hear news around 3am to 8am and will wake up and run immediately to stop Abhisit.

Khun Thaksin has just finished the video link. He said if Army uses violence to the reds when the reds do not break law

and have no weapons, he will be in Thailand and will lead the reds in provinces to enter Bangkok right away.

If what Koo says is validly based on Thaksin's actual words to the mob:

Basically he is daring the army to remove the red shirts,

or he will come in from the north like General Taksin,

but with a peasant revolt, and lead an insurrection against the government.

BUT... if he is opposing the army, he is also opposing the army's ultimate leader.

No?

If this was not as blatent a call for civil war, I don't know what is.

It's just he seems to want the Army to APPEAR to make the 1st move.

We can be pretty sure that redshirts will be directly encouraged to

try something so horrendous that it requires a severe response....

It looks more do or die for Thaksin certainly.

Or just plain round the twist.

Can he really imagine he has such power to wield???

Edited by animatic

A container in a klong and a bulldozer. Fascinating. Are you going for the Turner prize here, Koo?

Even I have complete different opinions than Koo82, I regard his input and value informations here.

I like to see his pictures, specially the container was very interesting, for sure the reds are not environmentalists.

Khun Thaksin has just finished the video link. He said if Army uses violence to the reds when the reds do not break law

and have no weapons, he will be in Thailand and will lead the reds in provinces to enter Bangkok right away.

If what Koo says is validly based on Thaksin's actual words to the mob:

Basically he is daring the army to remove the red shirts,

or he will come in from the north like General Taksin,

but with a peasant revolt, and lead an insurrection against the government.

BUT... if he is opposing the army, he is also opposing the army's ultimate leader.

No?

If this was not as blatent a call for civil war, I don't know what is.

It's just he seems to want the Army to APPEAR to make the 1st move.

We can be pretty sure that redshirts will be directly encouraged to

try something so horrendous that it requires a severe response....

It looks more do or die for Thaksin certainly.

Or just plain round the twist.

Can he really imagine he has such power to wield???

What is he dreaming?

Thaksin ridding on a big elephant (is it white) to Bangkok. Behind him thousands millions of Issan farmer (walking or ridding the pickup??), half the army is immediately joining him, the other half escaping to Myanmar etc etc etc

I can't writing the rest of the story as it would be against the forum rules.......

His new name will be Kim Ill Thaksin dear square leader of the Peoples Republic of North Thailand. South would split away.....

But anyway just muslim troublemakers.

/End of dream

A container in a klong and a bulldozer. Fascinating. Are you going for the Turner prize here, Koo?

Even I have complete different opinions than Koo82, I regard his input and value informations here.

I like to see his pictures, specially the container was very interesting, for sure the reds are not environmentalists.

I'm not intent on denying her a voice (I'm pretty sure we're referring to a female here. I won't bother to clarify as I'll be ignored). but I'm missing the significance of the pictures above.

I'm not intent on denying her a voice (I'm pretty sure we're referring to a female here. I won't bother to clarify as I'll be ignored). but I'm missing the significance of the pictures above.

I thought he/she is a male, but actually that's not important.

the container in the water: I knew the facts, but I wasn't imagine that anybody can put the container in the klong. With the happy kwais sitting on it, it gives me an impression on what is going on.

for the two other pics...I am not sure what they show, something to block them???

But I prefer to get a lot pics even not significant, but many pictures also give an idea. Like some others, I even forgot what they showed but I could see the careless doped (spelling????) trash everywhere.....So pictures without significance may have some.

Koo82 is really believing in his thing and I appreciate his pictures and informations!

The yellow-shirt PAD have shown that it is perfectly acceptable in Thailand for demonstrators to occupy government buildings (and in PAD's case, even seize international airports), in order to force a change in government. Now the red-shirt UDD are doing the same thing. Pretty soon we'll have green, purple, blue and pink shirts demonstrating. Every party that wants to govern will no longer participate in elections but instead send thousands of their own colored shirts to lay siege on the government building until they become the government. The PAD should have been prosecuted and held accountable for their actions. Now it's turning into a back-and-forth circus.

Reality check: We're now in the midst of a global economic crisis and more pressing issues confront Thailand than Reds/Yellows/Blues or hues (leaving most in the majority completely fed up)

Personally, I wish all protests would end and Thailand is 'permitted' to get back on her feet. THEN general elections can be called. Now is not the time for dissolving the Govt and in effect wasting 3 critical months (in the midst of an economic crisis) simply to satisfy Mr Thaksin's/Red's demands.

However, Mr Thaksin WILL NOT STOP. Global crisis or not, HIS needs are apparently FAR more important and pressing than Thailand's (as always some might say)

In fact, it's to his complete advantage to create further chaos, therefore driving Thailand further in the muck, thus (he hopes) closer to his frozen 76 billion, freedom and a three-peat as PM (probably to be extended via a Chavez-esque constitution change, si?)

Until Dr Thaksin says so (or goes broke, or 'wins'- by destroying Thailand from within or without), it isn't going be over. A further push to try and stir up all out civil war is probably not out of the question for Dr T's purposes (a jaded ploy with a very remote possibility of 'success' thankfully).

Regardless, now is NOT the time to call elections and essentially have a rudderless Govt for 3 months in the middle of the largest global crisis since 1929. Meanwhile, Mr Thaksin aka 'THE victim' may have to wait for his form of 'justice' (or return and seek it).

Bottom line, as long as Dr Thaksin is out of pocket 76 billion baht and lusts for a return to power (along with complete exoneration) it appears Thailand's needs will just have to wait. :o

Edited by baht&sold