Heavy Rain Finally Hits Chiang Mai

venturalaw

It's 4:40 in the afternoon on Thursday and it's blowing a ton here in Chiang Mai. What a lovely, cooling wind. Maybe it'll rain and maybe it will be like last night and bypass us. In either case it is better than the muggy spell we were going through. Glad to see all the smog get blown somewhere else.

It's 4:40 in the afternoon on Thursday and it's blowing a ton here in Chiang Mai. What a lovely, cooling wind. Maybe it'll rain and maybe it will be like last night and bypass us. In either case it is better than the muggy spell we were going through. Glad to see all the smog get blown somewhere else.

onto my neighbour's clean laundry as it goes. what was white is now a fetching off-brown. oof.

onto my neighbour's clean laundry as it goes. what was white is now a fetching off-brown. oof.

That is better than the cows that wander loose around my area. They crap along the road and in front of my friend's laundry shop. Then the suvs and big vans go flying by through the crap and spray it all over the clean laundry. That is a LOT of laundry that needs re-cleaning and the owners expense. Cows crap for free... anywhere they choose to wander. One of the delights of living in Thailand.

Pissed down here :o

I should have been more specific. At Maejo it poured.

Passed us by in our moobaan in the Mae Jo Sansai area. Not a single drop. Just a lot of dust and leaves blowing around. :D

Really strange. My moobaan is 3 km past Ring Rd. 2 off 1001 heading toward Maejo. It literally poured.

Passed us by in our moobaan in the Mae Jo Sansai area. Not a single drop. Just a lot of dust and leaves blowing around. :D

Really strange. My moobaan is 3 km past Ring Rd. 2 off 1001 heading toward Maejo. It literally poured.

Well it's as dry as a chip here in downtown Chiang Mai.

Not a solitary drop and no sign of anything coming.

Be nice to get a few days precipitation though.

Ditto a couple of km NE of Maejo University, we also had a small tree snapped in half, 1m above the ground, that was a pretty strong wind for a while ! :D