Visa Run ! Which Is The Closest To Pattaya ?

Pdaz

Although I've been here donkeys years I seldom have to do a 'border run'. In the past I've driven to Aranyapathet and to Haad Lek... Both about the same time/distance from Pattaya.. I heard talk about

Paa-in (or some such) that is meant to be closer.. Anybody been there.. Or know what it is really called..

Haad lek is easy and never crowded.. But if I could knock an hour of the total journey by going elsewhere it would be great..

Cheers :o

How about Pong Nam Ron โป่งน้ำร้อน Chanthaburi Province.

From Wikipedia

There are two border crossings into Cambodia in Pong Nam Ron. One is located at Ban Pakkard (or Ban Phak Kat) in Klong Yai tambon. The Cambodian town across the border is Phrom in Pailin municipality. The second crossing is located at Ban Laem in Thep Nimitr tambon. The Cambodian village across the border is Daun Lem in Kamrieng district, Battambang Province.

I have been to both these crossings, the one crossing into Phrom was very quiet last time I went..but that was about 3 years ago now.

The crossing into Daun has become a mini Aranyapathet :o

Although I've been here donkeys years I seldom have to do a 'border run'. In the past I've driven to Aranyapathet and to Haad Lek... Both about the same time/distance from Pattaya.. I heard talk about

Paa-in (or some such) that is meant to be closer.. Anybody been there.. Or know what it is really called..

Haad lek is easy and never crowded.. But if I could knock an hour of the total journey by going elsewhere it would be great..

Cheers :D

Remember the delights of taking your passport to some place and IT did the run while you stayed in the comfort of the bed/ bar/ beach?

Message to BiB - I NEVER DID THIS NAUGHTY THING :o