A Hawker Assaulted Me!

THAICUSTOM

OP lives under a bridge

there is always some asshat whith a cute troll picture just dying to use it.

Here's another then:

gallery_35489_975_9215.jpg

Can't believe so many posters have been sucked in by this troll. Well done troll! :o

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So its ok to assault people for no reason? you sound very bright.

I suppose you will say THIS IS THAILAND?

I have lived here for 12 years and this problem has got out of hand.

SO lived here for 12 years and learnt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! SAD MAN !

What the hells wrong with you people? Troll? Dont you see what happened? They saw an easy target! A 67 year old elderly person walking by himself and THEY assualted him, then you get mad that (thankgod) this elderly person still had enough spunk in him to defend himself?! By god this is a GREAT story! Good for him! They wouldnt DARE touch me, I walk by them every week and they do not target me, since Im young and strong. They went for the weak old man and good for him being able to defend himself.

If it was too excessive and it annoyed him that much, then the OP did the right thing. I've had to do similar a couple of times before when out in Bangkok, and unwanted people have started grabbing me. Ignore the criticisms from those who would be too yellow to say boo to a goose.

Not looking like a tourist do indeed remove 90% of the problems with hawkers, streetvendors and tuktuk drivers...

TAWP - What exactly does a tourist look like? I'm a farang which I would think puts me in the category of looking like a tourist.

Is there some magic charm I can buy that makes me appear thai to touts? Or is there some other way I can 'not look like a tourist'. Serious question.

If it was too excessive and it annoyed him that much, then the OP did the right thing. I've had to do similar a couple of times before when out in Bangkok, and unwanted people have started grabbing me. Ignore the criticisms from those who would be too yellow to say boo to a goose.

Bloody hel_l, Bangkok must be littered with horizontal Indian tailors. :o

Unwanted grabbing stimulates his hair trigger. :D

Rambo would have used a rocket launcher! :D

These are kept in reserve for the ladyboys - puts his rocket up their backside & then blows 'em away. He ain't yella. :D

yes i hate this shit you try to walk past and this hand comes out HELLO MY FRIEND they say .......i just say i dont wear suits..end of story ,,,dont hands shake with them and be stern in what you tell them ...they will get the message......

and be stern in what you tell them

On the contrary: do not acknowledge in any way. I rarely ever get hustled, even in places where the touts are a lot worse than in Thailand (East Africa, China, Vietnam). Even saying "no" will encourage them. As for decking them: that is pretty stupid.