East European Man Loses The Plot, And Money, On Sukhumvit Road.

LennyW

From Pattaya One News.....

East European man loses the plot, and money, on Sukhumvit Road

Martin Vanis, a 34-year-old man from Slovakia, was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon by police after he had created a series of increasingly serious disturbances on Sukhumvit Road in central Pattaya. Mr Vanis had been spotted walking along Sukhumvit Road with his shirt off and acting in a strange manner. Police and volunteers were soon on the scene and kept an eye on Mr Vanis as he walked in the direction of north Pattaya. At one stage he pulled out his passport and began carrying it above his head before wandering into the road and falling face first to the ground without any outside help. He later began writhing about the grass verge and scattering various denominations of Thai banknotes while muttering unintelligibly. Police and rescue services were compelled to exert some force to restrain the Slovakian from either injuring himself or others. He was taken to Bangkok-Pattaya hospital to be put under observation for mental illness. He had also damaged the windscreen of a motor vehicle, possibly with his head, and will no doubt be asked to pay compensation to any aggrieved parties for his anti-social behaviour.

26_03_3.jpg26_03_3_2.jpg

26_03_3_3.jpg26_03_3_4.jpg

26_03_3_5.jpg26_03_3_6.jpg

Edited by LennyW

this was on the thai news last night , an unnecessarily long report .. at least three or four minutes... considering it was a minor incident with lots of camera footage.

those damm foreigners again.

wonder how the cameras got there so quickly.

it took 4 or 5 thais to restrain him and the police didnt do much to stop a thai (possibly the van driver) from punching and kicking him in the head whilst he was restrained and on the ground.

the man was big and covered in tatoos. he is a thai boxing student.

this was on the thai news last night , an unnecessarily long report .. at least three or four minutes... considering it was a minor incident with lots of camera footage.

it took 4 or 5 thais to restrain him and the police didnt do much to stop a thai (possibly the van driver) from punching and kicking him in the head whilst he was restrained and on the ground.

sounds about right,a Thai kicking him in the head when he was being held down.Hope the tough thai is proud of himself,just hope the Slovakian will remember him.

Edited by patklang

Would be good if we could round up all the nutters in Pattaya and put them in the same room, or even have a 'grand ball' for them at the end of the year. Not only would it would be an excellent concept for a reality TV show, it would serve as a much needed tourist boost for Pattaya.

sounds about right,a Thai kicking him in the head when he was being held down.Hope the tough thai is proud of himself,just hope the Slovakian will remember him.

How sad and such a shame that someone is treated like this when it's blatantly obvious he is not in full control of himself. For those that think this is funny - well, let's see how funny it is when it's your turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad and such a shame that someone is treated like this when it's blatantly obvious he is not in full control of himself. For those that think this is funny - well, let's see how funny it is when it's your turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not possible, I can't mutter unintelligibly in Slovakian, but I have managed to fall flat on my face without outside assistance so I'm halfway there.

btw #1 I was having a go at the standard of reporting.

btw #2 I think most people were having a go at his treatment by those oh so smiley people aka Thais.

btw #3 It's still funny and I'm sure if it were me you'd be laughing too but then we'd never know if it were you would we?

It's my turn most weekends, although I've never had enough money left to 'scatter various denominations of Thai banknotes' around. Normally its just coins, or at best a half eaten kebab.

I saw this on telly last night too. At one point a Thai by-stander tried to hit the Slovakian with a torch.

Yes, unfortunately this of course will reflect on other westeners who live here. Some Thais will see it and tar us all with the same brush. It seems to me that when a westener like this is down, many low-class Thais turn it into a bit of sport. I view it as a manifestation of the malice (often not displayed, yet still evident) many in the greater society hold for westeners for one reason or another.

I hope the bloke in question sorts himself out.

Edited by barky

many low-class Thais turn it into a bit of sport. I view it as a manifestation of the malice (often not displayed, yet still evident) many in the greater society hold for westeners for one reason or another.

Just a wee warm up before SONGKRAN, the big Kahuna of legally sanctioned attacks on farangs.

many low-class Thais turn it into a bit of sport. I view it as a manifestation of the malice (often not displayed, yet still evident) many in the greater society hold for westeners for one reason or another.

Just a wee warm up before SONGKRAN, the big Kahuna of legally sanctioned attacks on farangs.

This is why they are tighten up the visa regs. It does not do the reputation of any average farang any good when you read about people like this. I can't blame them for not wanting foreigners here with the amount of trouble that they cause.

Cheer, Rick

This is why they are tighten up the visa regs. It does not do the reputation of any average farang any good when you read about people like this. I can't blame them for not wanting foreigners here with the amount of trouble that they cause.

Cheer, Rick

Another Thai-ier than Thai farang speaks his mind. How do you even know what kind of visa he was on? Why not leave it to the THAIS to tighten up visa regulations if they want, they most certainly do not require any cheerleading on the matter from us.

Edited by Jingthing

You mean with water, right? Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean.

You live a sheltered life then.

Maybe, but can you tell me what you mean by "legally sanctioned attacks on farangs." Have you been attacked during SONGKRAN? Usually, you're a reasonable, lucid poster.

I couldn't agree more.. And Shotime, before you ask... Yes, I have been attacked at Songkran.

The one and only time I have ever been attacked in my life was at Songkran.

:o

From Pattaya One News.....

East European man loses the plot, and money, on Sukhumvit Road

Martin Vanis, a 34-year-old man from Slovakia, was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon by police after he had created a series of increasingly serious disturbances on Sukhumvit Road in central Pattaya. Mr Vanis had been spotted walking along Sukhumvit Road with his shirt off and acting in a strange manner. Police and volunteers were soon on the scene and kept an eye on Mr Vanis as he walked in the direction of north Pattaya. At one stage he pulled out his passport and began carrying it above his head before wandering into the road and falling face first to the ground without any outside help. He later began writhing about the grass verge and scattering various denominations of Thai banknotes while muttering unintelligibly. Police and rescue services were compelled to exert some force to restrain the Slovakian from either injuring himself or others. He was taken to Bangkok-Pattaya hospital to be put under observation for mental illness. He had also damaged the windscreen of a motor vehicle, possibly with his head, and will no doubt be asked to pay compensation to any aggrieved parties for his anti-social behaviour.

26_03_3.jpg26_03_3_2.jpg

26_03_3_3.jpg26_03_3_4.jpg

26_03_3_5.jpg26_03_3_6.jpg

Ah...........he must have met my ex.

I was asking because I, honestly, wasn't aware of it. I want to take precautions.

We're talking about drunks attacking you? Is it all over Thailand, or just particular to Bangkok?

I've led a sheltered life because I wasn't aware that there's a high likelihood of getting attacked during New Years (?) in Thailand? Ok.

I'll stay inside. How long is it, anyway?

Looks like he's mao lao, but he does walk pretty good for the possible level of intoxication.

Poor fellow... reminds me of a day out when I was a 20 yr old paratrooper..."never again" I said..but that was too many "never agains" ago.

I do hope he gets better.