How About Your Lifestyle With Thai Gf?

rfvfr

I am 44 farang, I live with thai gf 30 , her salary is 10000b office secretary job.

We stay at an apartment, 6000b for room, electric 2000b , and we spend for eating or something 15000b per month.

I spend all of these expense, and she never tried to spend her money.

What do you think about this?

How about your lifestyle with thai gf?

How many percentage of life cost do you spend?

I am doubt is it good or not? average for farang living with gf?

Hey,I don't think so.This might be a general question.

Even myself has had relationships for many well paid thai girls.But whenever I was with them,they never paid anything or tried to share at all.and It's against thai nature,coz usually thai couple will share it if both are working.

From experience:

*Never move a Thai girl in with you.

*Play the field, because in Thailand, everyone else does or will do it for you.

*Never live in single room accomadation

*Keep two cats as pets

well said, i would take her bt.10,000 out the budget and see how's she goes with that :o

if no like, toss her out the door :D

oh do i like living alone with my occasional pets :D

I am 44 farang, I live with thai gf 30 , her salary is 10000b  office secretary job.

We stay at an apartment, 6000b for room, electric 2000b , and we spend for eating or something 15000b per month.

15K on food does seem a bit steep. Maybe a troll? Can we get this moved to my troll thread?

I am 44 farang, I live with thai gf 30 , her salary is 10000b  office secretary job.

15K on food does seem a bit steep. Maybe a troll? Can we get this moved to my troll thread?

of course this reply comes from a stingcy scot, i spend at least bt.50k if not more, includes a few fine wines and some beers :o

of course this reply comes from a stingcy scot, i spend at least bt.50k if not more, includes a few fine wines and some beers :D

Just reread it and it says. We spend for eating and something 15000. If the something means beer and luxuries then ok. 15K is not a lot. But if its just food. Then i'd say its too much. And by the way> if you knew me you would realise that i'm anything but stindgy. :o

Was living with a Thai girl for a few years and she said she would take me out for a meal. I thought result, the woman's paying. When the bill turned up, it was me putting my hand in my pocket.

Must have been something lost in translation, as I thought her taking me out and paying were the same. We live and learn.

Must have been on dates with loads of "Nice" Thai girls over the past year, helps speaking Thai and living in Khon Kaen.

Only once did the girl ever pay for the meal. A School teacher. So unusual that i assumed she was up to something so never saw her again :o

15,000/mo. for food only is not excessive; if both eat out for extended periods that amounts to 500/day -- expensive? .. not hardly.

2,000/mo. for electricity for a single room is way off.

And .... she pays for meals quite often and even buys presents frequently -- all out of her meagre earnings. Quite generous with her own possessions and shares windfalls (twice, albeit small) eagerly & easily.

The women I dated in Europe & Calif. cost me on average $60+ per date (and that was back in the 80's & 90's) and I scored humma-humma only 30-50% of the time (on the first date) -- a terrible average because it hides the excessive expenditures beyond $60 that were necessary to bring down the more difficult buffalo with a single shot (=one night)!

What are you guys complaining about -- and in so many threads, I might add? If just plain sex in abundance is what you're after, its here to be had in spades; as much as you want and inexpensively. If its a relationship you're after, keep in mind that there are maaaaany happy and thriving farang/TG couples -- they just don't post here, that's all.

Thai women -- God bless them all!

My girlfriend goes to Chula for her MBA in the evenings, during the day she is a corporate public events planner. She makes 65,000 baht a month and about treble that for her annual bonus.

I am preparing for my bar exams in February. Unemployed, with a generous but not overly impressive trust fund.

Even though I make about double her income, there has never been tension resulting from the inequities of our income. I think that she knows she is making a competitive salary for a person with her qualifications, and she doesnt lay any guilt on me for making more.

We dont live together, I live alone at my parents' Bangkok apartment, and she lives with her parents. Neither of us pays rent, which would reduce a significant chunk of coin. I spend about 40,000 on food and drinks per month. I dont pay my health insurance, any of the utilities, auto insurance (parent's car), and driver's salary; but I do pay for maid (12,000) and everything else I have not covered.

My girlfriend has asked me once to buy her something (silver earrings) and that is it. It is also safe to assume that RARELY does she ever pay for anything though. If we eat, go to the movies, go bowling,... Undoubtedly, I will end up paying. But this is how it was when I first met her in America too. She allocates her money to pay for tuition and to establish a business. I am able to save about 30000 baht a month

My gf's family is middle class, her dads has his own business.

but she never spend any money for our living cost.

I spend totally 23000b per month. That including all cost, such as apartment,

electric, food, telephone, traffic, and so on.

How much do you spend totally for living cost with gf per month?

I have pretty much the same expenses as you.

My apartment is 8,000B of which the girl pays 3,000B.

Power and water etc. about 2,000B

Food would be lucky to total 8,000B for 3 (mom-in-law lives with us)

I'm easily saving 15 K a month

and still have a budget of 10 K a month for drinks and things I shouldn't be doing. :o

The GF often buys the evening meal and in general pays her own way and buys her mom anything she needs.

Some days I struggle to spend 200 Baht.

The 2000B for electric covers hot watere for bathing and aircon?

I never understand why no one believes that electric can be very high. I lived in a 1 room place in patt running A/C all the time and it ran me close to 4k alone for elec. if you dont run AC, fine the elec is cheap. If youre an eskimo like me and run AC all hours you are in your place, it costs huge bucks

I've got solar heating panels for hot water so my bills are cheaper. :o

I never understand why no one believes that electric can be very high. I lived in a 1 room place in patt running A/C all the time and it ran me close to 4k alone for elec. if you dont run AC, fine the elec is cheap. If youre an eskimo like me and run AC all hours you are in your place, it costs huge bucks

my aircon, cost me +/- 6k per month :o

yep, aircon is about 1000baht per month per room, thats a reasonably modern aircon, some of those old antique machines could set u back 2,000 baht plus per month, also most ppl in apartments are not allowed gas cooking appliances so they have to use electric.

me, i pay for all household bills, taxes and insurance for the 2 bikes and car and truck, all me gal friend pays for is food for the house apart from farang food, ie pies, steaks etc, she cant get the concept into her head that u shouldnt need a chain saw to cut up a nice piece of steak, so i buy that,hmmmm, in fact i nearly pay for everything thinking about it, and she is getting quite old now,maybe time to trade her in for a newer model....

Crazy Dave

how old arer u, and gf?

me im 39, fok nearly at the big 40, she is 40 already, yep, its defineatly time i found a nice young lady of about 20, although i have to admit she doesnt mind the slight slip ups i make , like coming home with lipstick on the inside of my shorts, or not actually coming home, still thats not so bad, one of me mates went home to his wife still wearing a condom, still at least he was thinking of her and actually wore a condom, cant understand why she was so angry with him though..

I am a working woman. My salary is about 40,000+ a month, i pay everything for both since my husbad has no job for a while now. i pay for household stuffs, foods, clothes, electricity, water, phone bill, fuel, cigarette, etc. we eat at resturant oftenly. i buy him clothes and things i think he may needs he not even has to ask. i never complain when i pay. Just want him to be happy with me since he make a big move,left his life, friends and family to be with me here.

Sometimes i was thinking i am not that smart like those BG or uneducated girls who have rich farang husband. I once got a chance to chat with those girls who have rich farang husband. Your guys probably hurt if you know what they told me about how to treat a rich farang husband and suck all his money smoothly in to her pocket :o

Anyway i think i am so lucky i met him through becas my husband is a very good man.. He is not a self-centered type or treat me like a housemaid which i hate that kind of thinking. Some man just want to have a wife to keep them comfortable!!

My husband can do piping, running electric wire, make an elec. switch, breaker, he cooks for us most of the time, do some house cleaning while i am away for work. i do house work also but mostly in my day off. We both are not a stupid spender like many thai-farang couple i have seen. I think we both happy for such a good life we have now. Our lifestyle? i am appreciated for what we're doing now :D

One more thing, if a man (bf or husband) go out with his gf or wife. He has to pay for everything as a gentleman. This is thai culture. we only share if we are friend !!

Edited by Just talk

I'd think if you were setting up house it would only be fair to "normalize" expenses to income- in other words, if you're earning 10x what the other party is, you should pay 90% and the other party 10% of all major shared living expenses.

I agree that the gentleman should pay reasonable shared entertainment costs.

"Steven"