Rugby Fans In The Hh Area?

troopie

I'm sitting at home watching the Hong Kong Sevens & wondering if anyone else is doing the same. I can't be the only civilised sports fan in the area, surely! I, of course, hope that the Boks win but I also love seeing the little guys, like West Indies, Taipei & Japan do well. Are there any other rugby lovers out there? Let me know. :o

(By the way, I noticed that although Thailand never sends team to any of the Sevens tournaments, the Thai Ladies did qualify for the Sevens World Cup in Dubai. So the ladies are better than the men? Why doesn't that surprise me . . . :D )

Sorry But........Rugby League.

:D

Andy.

Hey, no need to apologise. I used to think Singha was a nice beer until I discovered the error of my ways! You'll see the light some day. :o

(I suppose you rely on ABC to see any of that stuff. Whenever I feel hard done by due to the lack of RU here, I can console myself that it's tougher for minorities like you . . . :D )

"drinking singha and watching the league is better then sex"

oh-oh, man! You clearly have the wrong partner, or you're putting something extra in that diluted water called Singha! :D

Me, I'll stick to my Japanese partner (ours is a Dorian Gray relationship with me as the painting!) & the golden rule of Leo/Felderbrau before sunset & Chang after -- plus good rugby, like the final day of the HK Sevens I'm watching now (Portugal are thrashing China for the right to play Japan, plus South Africa v Australia, New Zealand v Kenya & Fiji v England coming up-- THAT'S an international sport!). :o

Sadly, with the number of RL guys defecting to RU, & the increasingly likelihood that Sevens will soon be included in the Olympics, you may not have anything to watch soon -- so good luck with your acclimatisation to the "game they play in heaven"! :D

(By the way, I noticed that although Thailand never sends team to any of the Sevens tournaments, the Thai Ladies did qualify for the Sevens World Cup in Dubai. So the ladies are better than the men? Why doesn't that surprise me . . . :o )

Thailand used to enter Sevens tournaments a few years ago. I watched them get annihilated 5 years ago at the Singapore Sevens in a pathetic & timid display. The ladies would not have done any worse.

Edited by mark5335

(By the way, I noticed that although Thailand never sends team to any of the Sevens tournaments, the Thai Ladies did qualify for the Sevens World Cup in Dubai. So the ladies are better than the men? Why doesn't that surprise me . . . :o )

Thailand used to enter Sevens tournaments a few years ago. I watched them get annihilated 5 years ago at the Singapore Sevens in a pathetic & timid display. The ladies would not have done any worse.

Hi,

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit to beong from NZ after that loss to KENYA!!! But, yeah another rugby fan (Cheifs) supporter. Is there anywhere which shows the super14???

(By the way, I noticed that although Thailand never sends team to any of the Sevens tournaments, the Thai Ladies did qualify for the Sevens World Cup in Dubai. So the ladies are better than the men? Why doesn't that surprise me . . . :D )

Hi,

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit to beong from NZ after that loss to KENYA!!! But, yeah another rugby fan (Cheifs) supporter. Is there anywhere which shows the super14???

To mark5335: That's probably why the Bangkok 7s are so parochial -- if they invited truly international teams, it would reveal Thai manhood (especially the military & police teams) as being a bunch of softies. After all, when was the last time you saw a Thai cop who looked fit enough to play tiddly-winks, let alone rugby! :o

To Eli27:

As an African (Zim or Rhodesia as was), I rejoiced at that Kenya victory, & the yellow card that preceded it. Too many NZ rugby players (not all by any means) seem to think different rules apply to them, be it 15s or 7s. :D I am eagerly waiting to watch the Adelaide 7s, another 3 days of fast rugby!

As for watching the S14, you'll need a BIG satellite dish, not one of those tiny USB things. On its own, it'll help you watch some games on TV5 -- French TV. If you can pick up ABC, you can watch Aussie games as well. However, if you get the South African package from http://www.jsat.tv/, you can see ALL the S14, 6N & Currie Cup games, as do I. If you don't have space for such a large dish, find a rugby friendly pub -- there's plenty around.

Oh, & I support the Bulls or Sharks, the Boks or Ireland, or any team (including the 'Top 14') that plays good rugby without too much winging. :D