Tv Friday Night-outs - What Happened To Them?

raro

Tell us what you are looking for  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

alright...the TV night-out thing has pretty much died out and it is a bit sad seeing it fading away. It was a great thing gathering with other fellow board members on a Friday night over some food and drinks and meet and greet.

Some members moved away, others got banned and some don't bother to show up anymore.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask whether there is an interest within the local community to join on a Friday night with others from the board and if yes, under which circumstances?

Where would you like to meet? Always the same place? Check out another restaurant every week? Shall it be family friendly? Or tame first and wild later? Or skip the dinner and go straight for the action?

Your poll, your choice!

raro

Edited by raro

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping guys to a schedule week after week is tough to do. The type of guys here stray off that beaten path. The mobil phone has taken its toll on alot of past socials.

In other words guys tend to get bored and only hook up with closer friends as needed. This is done by phone.

But offer free drinks and see how sucessful it will be!

:o

I came to one at Tropical Berts. I still have the Badge that I was given. :o and wear my TV Polo shirt with pride :D when I need a red shirt for the night.

My life is alway chaotic and have lots on, so kept missing the meetings.

Then there were the Break-away meetings and I lost track.

Also the "157+ posts" about where to meet, then try to find the location hidden between some Posters' social chat that was nothing to do with the rest of us.

Back to useful comments

1. A location that is easy to get to for most.

2. Parking available, as many come in from the outskirts of town or adjacent locality.

3. Venue big enough to cope with the (Hopeful) numbers.

4. Alternate "Darkside" and "Sin City" locations, so eveybody can get to one or the other.

One possible venue is my local, B * * f * * o Bar on Third Road. Open minded wives / girlfriends / husbands / boyfriends would be welcome and the drinks are CHEAP. Place is massive, so can cope with numbers.

Chill Bar in Nern Plub Wan, corner Soi 43, is another suitable venue - family Friendly with space and can do good (Aussie) food if asked.

Then there is a Filipinno Restaurant / Bar on Chiapruk, run by the San Miguel manager. Losts of space and good menu. Downside is the beer is San Miguel Light or San Miguel Pilsner ONLY !!

Over to you for more suggstions.

I came to one at Tropical Berts. I still have the Badge that I was given. :o and wear my TV Polo shirt with pride :D when I need a red shirt for the night.

My life is alway chaotic and have lots on, so kept missing the meetings.

Then there were the Break-away meetings and I lost track.

Also the "157+ posts" about where to meet, then try to find the location hidden between some Posters' social chat that was nothing to do with the rest of us.

Back to useful comments

1. A location that is easy to get to for most.

2. Parking available, as many come in from the outskirts of town or adjacent locality.

3. Venue big enough to cope with the (Hopeful) numbers.

4. Alternate "Darkside" and "Sin City" locations, so eveybody can get to one or the other.

One possible venue is my local, B * * f * * o Bar on Third Road. Open minded wives / girlfriends / husbands / boyfriends would be welcome and the drinks are CHEAP. Place is massive, so can cope with numbers.

Chill Bar in Nern Plub Wan, corner Soi 43, is another suitable venue - family Friendly with space and can do good (Aussie) food if asked.

Then there is a Filipinno Restaurant / Bar on Chiapruk, run by the San Miguel manager. Losts of space and good menu. Downside is the beer is San Miguel Light or San Miguel Pilsner ONLY !!

Over to you for more suggstions.

thanks a lot for your constructive input!

Thinking about it...what is lacking was the injection of fresh blood, new ideas and someone taking the lead.

You have a bunch of workable selections in your post and looking in the other food threads in this sub-forum I'm sure we can find enough to fill the forthcoming weeks.

Also the darkside vs. bright side alternations is not a bad idea, lots of good places on the darkside - see the related thread.

Over to you guys, Friday is coming sooner than you think!

Hey raro,

I tried to start the same up here in Korat, and unfortunately, got the same response as you are getting down in Pattaya.

Can't believe what a lazy bunch of people, act like they are sooo busy, they can't be bothered to a Friday schedule. Raro if you are ever in Korat again, I have some new places to drink.

Barry

I have showed up often when no one or one or 2 did. So what, I don't need a crowd. Health has kept me away for a while but this Friday is looking good.

Egad though, you guys eat too early. 7pm is close to lunch time. I also am aware that there are other cuisines than British available around town.

Eat somewhere near WS, drink until something or someone stops you.

Always been a good formula for me. I also enjoy chrome poles, ETOH, etc. on other nights. Was last Fri with some TV'ers, nice small group.

Got 2 other nights planned this week, so If I have enough liver left by Friday, lets do it.

kdf

Forgetting we moved to the Darkside ect..

We moved as a group away from the origional idea of bars that everone could feel ok with. The group split men went to 'men' bars and some women 'cards'.

We lost the plot a bit!!

Whilst we continue to loose the plot the friday night is done.

If we returned to the origional plot it might return..... who knows history may repeat itself... if we want it to.

Miss all you guys from the origional Fridays...for sure.

begs :o

Hey raro,

I tried to start the same up here in Korat, and unfortunately, got the same response as you are getting down in Pattaya.

Can't believe what a lazy bunch of people, act like they are sooo busy, they can't be bothered to a Friday schedule. Raro if you are ever in Korat again, I have some new places to drink.

Barry

You're booked for Tuesday night...believe it or not :D

I have showed up often when no one or one or 2 did. So what, I don't need a crowd. Health has kept me away for a while but this Friday is looking good.

Egad though, you guys eat too early. 7pm is close to lunch time. I also am aware that there are other cuisines than British available around town.

Eat somewhere near WS, drink until something or someone stops you.

Always been a good formula for me. I also enjoy chrome poles, ETOH, etc. on other nights. Was last Fri with some TV'ers, nice small group.

Got 2 other nights planned this week, so If I have enough liver left by Friday, lets do it.

kdf

Looks like this Friday night it's gonna be the night. Fair chance of a raro sighting somewhere in town!

Forgetting we moved to the Darkside ect..

We moved as a group away from the origional idea of bars that everone could feel ok with. The group split men went to 'men' bars and some women 'cards'.

We lost the plot a bit!!

Whilst we continue to loose the plot the friday night is done.

If we returned to the origional plot it might return..... who knows history may repeat itself... if we want it to.

Miss all you guys from the origional Fridays...for sure.

begs :o

Fully agree with you, begs! Let's bring the band together again....but it will remain desperate as long as people vote for raro staying home... :D

I was very interested in this while I was browsing the forum in prep for moving here. Once I got here, it wasn't happening anymore. I'm not taking it personally, but could the timing actually be coincidence? Come on, I'm not that offensive.

Seriously, though, it would be good to meet some other TV members. I'd be interested in decent dinners with drinks and etc. to follow, but I'm not interested in the go-go / bargirl scene. I have a great gf who is not comfortable in those environs, so would split off on the nights this was indicated.

Places like the Blues Factory would be good for afters, in my opinion, but maybe a little small if this takes off again.

Looking at the time of posting and the Ice Cram comments I take it Begs and Mamanoodle posted after they left from the Sunday afternoon session here :o .

I didn't go round and about a lot but certainly enjoyed it when you came here, so if you want to start fresh I will put on a free Sausage Sizzle at 7.30 ish. As you know there is no problem for parking and if you want to leave your cars and move elsewhere, again no problems, over to you.

Bert

Bert's was the original Friday night starting spot for me and I enjoyed it.

Time to start there again?

I seldom went to a Friday nighter when we did not end up around the Chrome poles.

I like the pub crawl, chrome pole walks, however they do exclude the wives/gf. Some are comfortable or even enjoy these joints others aren't.

I would not hang out (pun intended) at Boys Town, so I understand.

My wife is now bored with WS. What else is there in Pattaya? We could alternate, one Friday with chrome poles one without.

We don't need to avoid WS altogether, PBG is an OK place for all. Not sure I could spend all night playing minature golf or eating ice cream,

but how about a night every now and then when we can take the ladies out someplace special. Manhattans now has Jazz, hopefully at a volume that does not preclude conversation.

Our method is that if we have enough saying they are going and we are going to eat somewhere where we can enjoy the food, she who runs with scissors will likely be there.

If the next stop is a conversation friendly place like PBG, she would likely stay with us, after that I have no problem cabbing with her back home and deciding to go out again or not.

Ideas?

kdf

Chief wrangler = raro, oh that is right you are new.

Raro is chief wrangler for bus trips. (sorry)

Naw the organization is a bit loose, anyone says lets be at x at time y and we go.

I would pick 7ish at Bert's or Central Festival food loft (lots of choices sure to make some happy, but does cost more than street vendor) for eats, head over to PBG around 8ish and discuss where we go from there.

Sounds familiar?

kdf

PBG - Pattaya Beer Garden - Right at the beginning of Walking Street, before the entrance, and before the bar collection (with the boxing ring) you will see the guy sitting at the front of the laneway with a PBG sign. Just walk all the way down the back past the bars. Good place over the water, great service and cheap priced drinks!

Bert's - Tropical Berts - top of Soi 6 and 6/1 - great place, good food and no-one has commented on the fact that he offered a free sausage sizzle fot TVers on Friday night!!!

I am still in Chiang Mai so won't make it this week.

PBG is Pattaya Beer Garden, the first complex over the sea on the beach side at the entrance of walking street...

Tropical Berts, almost opposite Bangkok Bank on Second road north Pattaya, at the entrance of soi 6/1 (the small soi just before soi 6...

I almost made it for a TV night out once before, I got to the doors of Tropical Berts, took a look inside and seen you lot - so I promptly did an about turn and left! :o

I agree that PBG or Tropical Berts would be good choices, perhaps I'll have a few beers beforehand this time around so I can 'blend in' :D

Can I suggest that if we are going to berts on Friday we say thats what we do so Bert knows how many, so he can sort out our sausages!!

mamanoodle and I will be at berts 7pm. When we are there we can discuss where to go next. Personally I would prefer to go somewhere else other than WS.

come on Raro get this bunch organised......can the Friday Night crew party again mmmmmmmmm :D:D:o it could happen at a bar near you ..

begs

Edited by begsaresponse

Bert's sounds OK by me. bout 7:30ish. Since Begs has spoken, surprise he chose Bert's. I like sausages a sizzlin' and will hope a beer lao is around. Always good to see TB.

Sometime we should do the food loft at Central, a nice bowl of pho for 90 baht, ain't bad, great view also, jug of Henie for 250.

Where beyond? It has been forever since I have heard actual real live jazz.

kdf

Berts offer is very generous, the only problem is we never know how many people turns up. It's so easy to say yes on the board and then not turn up anyway. Maybe we can get a headcount for Tropical Berts Friday 6.30 ... "that bloke" will join with 3 for starters ... who else?