Miss Thailand Universe 2009

Asianrider

This was on thai TV last night. The winner's name was Panprapa Yongtrakoon, a 20yr old medical student from Chulalongkorn, nickname "Boom" ?.

Picture here http://www.global-report.com/pattaya/?l=en&a=349637

Personally i thought the 2 runners - up were more attractive.

My girlfriend guessed correctly though Boom would win as a Luk Krueng, half thai-half foreign. Her English was flawless.

( I would rather have watched the England match but wasn't on UBC !!)

I thought that her nick name is " Kai Mook " meaning Pearl??

Very shocked that she can get into the top 5.

Extremely shocked when she was annouced the winner.

On the first close up, I saw a small scare on her face. When she was in the swimwear, there seems to be some reddish pimples on her lower leg / back of thigh area.

She was all excieted and is not compose when answering the Q&A. One of the female judge need to wave signal with both her hands to slow her down during A&A.

Only 'impressive' thing is that she is tall and slim ( 1.77m ). Has good body proportion for the international competition .

ps

I have nothing against her. Just that there are more beautiful faces and equally intelligent contestants last night.

Very shocked that she can get into the top 5.

Extremely shocked when she was annouced the winner.

On the first close up, I saw a small scare on her face. When she was in the swimwear, there seems to be some reddish pimples on her lower leg / back of thigh area.

She was all excieted and is not compose when answering the Q&A. One of the female judge need to wave signal with both her hands to slow her down during A&A.

Only 'impressive' thing is that she is tall and slim ( 1.77m ). Has good body proportion for the international competition .

ps

I have nothing against her. Just that there are more beautiful faces and equally intelligent contestants last night.

On reflection I wonder how independent the judges are ? she certainly wasn't the attractive lady on the line-up !

the girl in the red drees who came 2nd was my Fav

the winner had some jaw-line , she was nice ..... but looked like a Dave to me ..

off topic ...... did anyone see the news after the missworld thing .... that guy getting shot , looked very nasty , eek

Wannakorn Kongmueng for me.

Absolutely! (The one on the left in BritM's pic above).

The other two look like typical "old" Thai ladies, but when they were young (if you know what I mean!)

The one on the left is an absolute dish! :D

Oh, I just noticed, the one who won is the whitest. :o

Wannakorn Kongmueng for me.

Absolutely! (The one on the left in BritM's pic above).

The other two look like typical "old" Thai ladies, but when they were young (if you know what I mean!)

The one on the left is an absolute dish! :D

Oh, I just noticed, the one who won is the whitest. :o

Agreed 100%, it's not even close in my opinion, the local judges obviously have different tastes to us lad's!!, :D

They all look like typical Miss Universe entrants, could be from any country.

Not very Thai looking - very hi-so BKK, (if you like that sort of thing).

Any day, any street, you will see more natural beautiful Thai Ladies

I couldn't agree with you more! :o

I couldn't agree with you more! :o

I see ladies in Pattaya who are a lot slimmer.

totaly agree too.No doubt the family would have had something to do with the vote rigging.We are talking about hi-so here with power./

Edited by patklang

any pics of all contestents ?? and if possible swimwear pics LOL

let me be the judge

See their photos online: www.pichunter.com

Someone Iooking for the fast track membership ban?

-----------------

Miss *insert country here* may be a bit of a meat market, but at Ieast the girIs have substance rather than empty vesseIs. I reaIIy dont think they wiII be too bothered by what a bunch of random thaivisa members have to say about them, particuIarIy as the comments are based pureIy on their Iooks and not the whoIe package. UnIess you guys Iook Iike Brad Pitt and have a modicum of inteIIect, maybe you shouId be Iess judgementaI. Then again, if you did Iook Iike Brad Pitt, and had a modicum of inteIIect, you probabIy wouIdnt be here. :o

• 4 months later...

capt7b94107add8542bea7c531fd78f8e69.jpg

r2691207515.jpg

r1675983514.jpg

Chutima Durongdej, Miss Thailand 2009, poses for a photographer at Atlantis on Paradise Island in preparation for the Miss Universe 2009 pageant in the Bahamas in this August 3, 2009 handout photo. Miss Universe 2009 will be crowned on August 23. REUTERS

================================================================================

captffb7d054773045d68945b85d92a1702.jpg

Miss Thailand Chutima Durongdej, contestant of the Miss Universe 2009 beauty pageant, tours Fort Charlotte, the largest colonial fortress in Nassau, Bahamas, Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2009. Contestants from 85 countries will compete for the coveted crown on August 23.

AP

Edited by sriracha john