Business As Usual In Phuket As Sex Tourists Return

george

If you to soi san sabai and rat-u- thit at 2 am the place is teeming with people.

Most bar that are open are much quieter than usual. Many of the girls have gone home or headed to Bangkok for a couple of months. Several girls I know say they wont be back for a couple of months. There are still plenty of girls as the only customers around are the locals and a few die hard tourists.

it's actually kind of nice and laid back.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It will be be back to normal real soon.

Edited by kasi

Melissa Fyffe; what a stupid bitch ! I enjoy going to bars with pretty girls serving drinks, or gays, or ladyboys etc as does my Thai wife ... therefore we are Sex tourists. The best thing for that tart is to crawl back under the festering stone from whence she came and continue her miserable career from there. Perhaps she should note that at the moment probably 50% of the said punters are ex-pats who have done far more with helping embassies, organising fund-raisers than her pathetic alarmist rhetoric. Go home.. now !!

• 3 weeks later...
An Australian hotel owner, who only wanted to be known as Sid,....

.......... now you see a lot of single blokes floating around .

As a " Sex Tourist "just back back from Patong ( 08th - 29th ) I can say that if it wasn't for the Patong faithful the place might has well have shut down. I think that most families with kids had either cut short their holidays or gone to other destinations. Most of the hotels and shops along beach road are closed and whilst they are working to get them open it could take them 4-5 weeks if not longer to get them something like, at least the Banana club is open (no one in but the show must go on) I think MICHAELH comments were spot on, I also visted the same places as he did and and they are going to struggle for a long time.

On the bright side on my third week there was more tourist in Patong , more of a mixed bunch, couples, a few families and of course the so called "sex tourists".

They have also now got sunbeds on the beach ,whilst some people might not like them ,it certainly better than lying on towel. I definately enjoyed myself and whilst it is a sad time, people who live and work in Patong have to eat and pay their bills and the the only they can do this is for tourists to come back, any tourist.

I don't know when the photo of soi crocodile was taken but anyone who has been to Patong knows that this is one of the busiest sois and on the last week I was there it was very busy with couples as well as groups of guys

On Thai TV a couple of weeks ago, there was a film report about the first charter flight (from Sweden I think) arriving at Phuket International Airport since the tsunami. All the people on that flight (I could only see men) were given a kind of garland hung around their necks. Some of them looked quite embarrassed - I wondered if they'd told their wives about the business trip to Malaysia or Hong Kong and were just a little worried that this footage might be screened outside Thailand... :o

Kamala will rise again, mark my words. These village people have cremated their dead and are slowly rebuilding once some land tenure questions have been sorted out. You see, the Kamala folk are a hardy stock of a fishing and coconut heritage. You cannot keep them down for long.

In the meantime, you are indeed wise to eat at the wonderful Rockfish Restaurant at Kamala Beach Estate. A nice wine list there too, or bring your own.