Imported Vehicle

longstebe

Has anybody imported any type of vehicle before?

If so,what steps need to be taken and are there any disadvantages (apart from getting a pull from the local bobbies)?

Don't know if this is the right forum to find out but we are all family, right!!!!!! :o

You should read up on similar posts in the motoring forum, in short if the customs people want your car they will have it. To do a legal import you will pay about 200% in taxes and duty of the value that they place on the car - regardless of what paperwork you submit as to the vehicle's value.

About USD2,000 shipping fees.

If you avoid the legal route - you will never be able to get legal paperwork, insurance or pay road taxes.

Personal imports can not be sold for three years (I believe) - there is a clause stamped into the blue book which forbids sale within this time.

Has anybody imported any type of vehicle before?

If so,what steps need to be taken and are there any disadvantages (apart from getting a pull from the local bobbies)?

Don't know if this is the right forum to find out but we are all family, right!!!!!! :o

Hi

As you rightly suggest, I would divert your investigations to the 'Car' forum

and after a search you will then find out it is virtually impossible to import a vehicle (inc if its in parts) due to the corrupt Customs Dept and the approx 300% import revenue.

Good luck and my best advice to you is to forget it!(the idea, not my advice BTW)

Dave

Ok guys I've just checked out the motor forum and scanned back a few pages and came across the same topic(should have done this in the first place).The guys are basically saying the same "forget it". Even though my truck is not worth much,I dont fancy seeing my truck being driven down the road by some Thai guy and his family.Unless it was the king of course.