Bore Holes

Beardog

Does anyone have a clue how a bore hole can produce algae. The bore is 35 meters deep & has no clear tubing at all to let in light.

It only comes from the bore directly (output)& not from the storage tank)

The algae occurs when the bore fills the outdoor pool.

Or is this a pool problem? The output (blue pvc) into the pool seems to create algae when not submerged into the water 1 meter deep, but it still has a trace amount if submerged.

I don't believe that any light could be present at 35 meters. :o

Hi Beardog,

Yes, it is very possible its coming from the borehole, it depends on the different stratas the bore went through, the drilling and even bore lineing will allow algae into your well, I have the same on the farm with a holding tank, if i dont use it for a few days, it forms a white/greenish layer over the water,

More details here, http://www.biostatengineering.com/borevac.htm Hope this helps,

I see a few days ago you were enquiring about a good quality bore pump, I have to endorse the 1hp Franklin, it come with a protection [electric overload] box, about 60mtr cable, and has a built in sand filter,which of course protects pumping mechs, Mine is 23 mtr deep then pumps uphill 230mtr [1in rise every yard] and powers 2 9mtr radius sprinklers, Just over 2 years old and has worked in total a year non stop for 8 in 24 hours, no probs so far!

Cheers, Lickey, ps, hows the Salon going?

Hi Lickey,

I ditched the salon a while ago. I appreciate the answer to the borehole. Yes franklin is the choice of champions. The new neighbors had an outfit out of Huy yai come out with a 4 story tower & a compressor that was as big as a city bus & 2 other trucks. They went down 70 meters & only got limestone. The price of the trucks you would think they would have paid the man the $2.00 for the expensive water detection meter. the bore hole equip must have been 15-20 million baht very industrial.

The water witch diviner looked like he never saw a witch before & they went to the storm drain after going to our new septic tank. They try again tomorrow. I have been setting up a small scale nursery with niche style honeysuckles-white ginger , starting bamboo & other hard to find exotics9Mainly sweet smelling flowers from Chantaburi. I realize that I will be fortunate to make anything more than electric & food & beer money!

But Alisa & I love gearing towards farming even though it is hard work & requires dedication.

Thanks for the info on the Algae. My neighbor has the problem. He will be surprised & maybe relieved to find possible answers. It only pisses him off when he fills his pool!

Is your wife still cutting hair?

Thanks again

Barry

Hi Barry, yes, thais make a big thing out of a little thing, if you have a raised anthill on your ground, its guaranteed there is water below, 10.20 mtrs, i found this out the hard way,

Yes, the salon is always busy, its a total beauty salon, hair,facial mudpacks,massage,manicure,pedicure,steam sauna,and since ive banned all cides on our farm, we seem to be making a profit in the salon and farm produce, heres a couple of pics of our latest customer! i think he wanted a pedicure, but i dont have a 9inch grinder!!

Cheers, Lickey..

post-41116-1238876288_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1238876308_thumb.jpg

Hi Barry, yes, thais make a big thing out of a little thing, if you have a raised anthill on your ground, its guaranteed there is water below, 10.20 mtrs, i found this out the hard way,

Yes, the salon is always busy, its a total beauty salon, hair,facial mudpacks,massage,manicure,pedicure,steam sauna,and since ive banned all cides on our farm, we seem to be making a profit in the salon and farm produce, heres a couple of pics of our latest customer! i think he wanted a pedicure, but i dont have a 9inch grinder!!

Cheers, Lickey..

Thats a nice photo!

I am glad you are turning a profit in the salon!

And it sounds like a dam_n good idea not to use the toxic chemicals on the farm as well. As soon as we get done building house # 2 (the real one) I will be able to start getting our fruit trees in & start going full guns to get a good crop of salable nursery item that of course Alisa will be in charge of. It is good to see your memory is as sharp as a whip.

I think the last bore hole team may have given up However the limestone made excellent chalk to mark off the land to be built up unfortunately(for them) the driver of one of the trucks ran over the septic tank I just put in (even got to work the ole backhoe a bit)So the land contractor has 3 monkeys redoing the rings now & I will supervise to make sure it is done the same. 2 for 2 the other septic tank got smashed by a tractor.

Cheers again :o