Taking It A Bit Too Far

farangconnection

We had an irate customer in this morning, who had been stopped by the Police and fined 200฿ for..........................................wait for it..............................................................................

Not wearing his shirt while driving :P:wai::o:D :D :D :D

Guest Bellini
We had an irate customer in this morning, who had been stopped by the Police and fined 200฿ for..........................................wait for it..............................................................................

I believe your customer used the wrong word when he said he was "fined". You are fined when you get a citation or receipt, signed by a competent officer, for a violation of a law, and this document you receive indicates what section of what law you violated. If this customer was fined for driving without wearing a shirt I would very much like to see a scanned copy of the receipt he got. If he does not have a receipt, he was not fined, he was conned, duped, or whatever you may call it.

Good one Soundman but it does beg the question of just how far we are prepared to keep bending over and getting shafted by these thieves in uniform. I seriously doubt there is any statute which declares the non wearing of a shirt illegal.

I think you will find there is..... I believe the laws were introduced as part of the attempt to modernise thailand and bring it to western standards.

Good one Soundman but it does beg the question of just how far we are prepared to keep bending over and getting shafted by these thieves in uniform. I seriously doubt there is any statute which declares the non wearing of a shirt illegal.

I think you will find there is..... I believe the laws were introduced as part of the attempt to modernise thailand and bring it to western standards.

Great..............no Bra's for the women then

My daughter is a translator for a Lawyer. Whenever I have any problem with the police - and I am not guilty- I refuse to pay and suggest the policeman speaks with my lawyer on the telephone, whom I start to dial. Everytime, I am waved on.

A trick worth having up your sleeve for these thieving bastards.

i was pulled over for having a box in the back of my pickup truck. I asked what in the hel_l the cop thought a pickup truck was for??? Still cost me 200 baht.

People in the back of a pick up is a no no but a box ? perhaps if not tied down but per se ? <deleted>.

OK, so name me a western country where the non wearing of a shirt is an offence. For starters, don't think of any which have coastlines :o

Have to start calling Surin, Monte Carlo

I have found the Police are getting more honest, i was stopped and he said he wanted 200 for a drink :D Not the usual liars, who say you went through a red light or speeding. Gave him 100, made me smile :o

So had you actually done anything wrong, such as speeding ? If not, why pay ? If yes, such as speeding, then I look upon it as a sort of tax to go as fast as I want.