Motorcycle Test Book Online Somewhere?

does anyone know if there is a motorcycle test book online somewhere? my nearest driving licence office is in Samui and i don't want to make a trip just for the book.

thx steve

Hiya Steve,

I wasn't aware that there is a "test book" in Thailand. If you already have a valid license from your home country it's a piece of cake to have a Thai license issued- no written test required.

Happy Trails!

Tony

does anyone know if there is a motorcycle test book online somewhere? my nearest driving licence office is in Samui and i don't want to make a trip just for the book.

thx steve

Hiya Steve,

I wasn't aware that there is a "test book" in Thailand. If you already have a valid license from your home country it's a piece of cake to have a Thai license issued- no written test required.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Phuket made me do the written part even with a IDP.. Same for my buddies..

thx steve

I think there isn't one. You just need to go for the test. Different areas have different tests. I went for the car and bike test at the same time near Onut BKK. eyesite and reactions tested, practical driving tested and a mulitiple choice questionaire following a training video. For the bike test I failed on the multiple choice questions, half an hour later I sat down to do the same questions again for the car test, needless to say I passed.

There is a book but it's in Thai language, there was a book in English in Bangkok but not sure if it's still around.

Basically the test is so easy you don't need it. There are some real oddball questions there and the answer might not seem that clear.

Like what vehicle are you not allowed to drive on the road?

1. A military tank

2. A race car without plates

3. Tractor

4. Car without windscreen

Anyway not sure of the questions exactly but the answer is car without windscreen how's that.

Other than the oddball questions it's extremely simple, you can't go wrong plus you can have 7 mistakes in 30 questions so that give you plenty of room.

Other oddballs I got was what distance should the horn be heard? A. 60 meter

When shall you turn on your headlight. A. When visibility is less than 150 meter

Cheers Bard

There is a book but it's in Thai language, there was a book in English in Bangkok but not sure if it's still around.

Basically the test is so easy you don't need it. There are some real oddball questions there and the answer might not seem that clear.

Like what vehicle are you not allowed to drive on the road?

1. A military tank

2. A race car without plates

3. Tractor

4. Car without windscreen

Anyway not sure of the questions exactly but the answer is car without windscreen how's that.

Other than the oddball questions it's extremely simple, you can't go wrong plus you can have 7 mistakes in 30 questions so that give you plenty of room.

Other oddballs I got was what distance should the horn be heard? A. 60 meter

When shall you turn on your headlight. A. When visibility is less than 150 meter

Cheers Bard

I went for my licence in BKK this januari and there was a english book.

I was not aware that DL tests where different all over Thailand...

Despite I know visa requirements are somewhat different from here and there...

I got my DLs 3 years ago in Chiang Mai: just eye-sight and reaction tests... and then, "please, sit down here and wait for your DL cards"! No writing, no video, no questionning, no driving! And the same tests were for both car and bike driver licenses...

But I gave in same time original and copy of my thai translated french-DLs (car and bikes)...

As you can imagine, very smart...

So: better to be settled in CNX!

:o

Steve:

Have you already a foreign bike-DL?

Did you already ask to the Samui office how it works in your own case to get a thai bike-DL?

Cheers,

Gobs