Distance Learning University

Good day everybody.

I have been searching online and cannot seem to find what I am looking for.

My wife would like to study when she arrives in the UK and was thinking of compelting or starting a new degree. I have been trying to find out which Thai university's offer a distance learning scheme similar to the Open University in the UK. Does anyone know what ones provide this service?

Also, does anybody have experience of their wives studying with the Open University in the UK and how they coped with the all English language course content?

Thanks a lot,

Billy

"...500+ score from IELTS..."

That would be amazing.

TOEFL, not so much.

I could be wrong about that, just going on the score required by Thai MOE for non-native English teachers. Figured if they want that high then a Uk uni will want similar if not higher. Check the OU website,they'll have more details.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless her English is really good and she's got a 500+ score from IELTS or similar then open uni wont accept her. Or try Sukhothai Thammathirat Open Uni here in BKK. Don't know if they do on-line though.

The usual acceptable minimum IELTS score for studying in an English-language university is 6.0, in the 6.0-7.0 band. Usual minimum TOEFL score is 550.