Thailand Isp And Speed For International Web Surfing

livinthailandos

I'm sure its posted somewhere but hopefully I'll get some good answers for this. I am going to be changing most likely to maxnett, anyway I've seen and heard lots of specials going on for internet packages the only thing though is there not really posting whats speeds you'd be getting for international bandwidth. I know in the bangkok post on wednesdays database section it talked about either jasmine or maxnett have a cheap 3Mbps but thats only for domestic use only and for international its 128kbps the price was 590. my question is what kinds of international speed should I get with the ISP here in thailand I know price is also a factor but need a better idea though as right now a 80mb file download takes me 1 hour to get. I dont even try to watch videos just download them and wait since the streaming process would take to long

any help with international speeds I could get with other thailand ISP would be useful

I'm sure its posted somewhere but hopefully I'll get some good answers for this. I am going to be changing most likely to maxnett, anyway I've seen and heard lots of specials going on for internet packages the only thing though is there not really posting whats speeds you'd be getting for international bandwidth. I know in the bangkok post on wednesdays database section it talked about either jasmine or maxnett have a cheap 3Mbps but thats only for domestic use only and for international its 128kbps the price was 590. my question is what kinds of international speed should I get with the ISP here in thailand I know price is also a factor but need a better idea though as right now a 80mb file download takes me 1 hour to get. I dont even try to watch videos just download them and wait since the streaming process would take to long

any help with international speeds I could get with other thailand ISP would be useful

There's no absolute answer on this. Some days I can download nearly 300KBps on a single download during the middle of the day, but not access FTP at all. Sometimes i can use bittorrent at full speed during the day, and the following night it slows to a crawl. When it works and how well don't seem to always match up to anticipated availability.

In general, it's a poor connection that worsens during the workday, but if you're clever with download managers and other apps to make the best of your bandwidth it will be much better than without.

Sad but true - here in the LOS the bandwidth is a different matter compared to other countries where the bandwidth is commonly measured in Kbps - /ps - per second.

Unfortunately in Thailand some additional measurements have to be taken into consideration - Kbpm and Kbph = /per minute, /per hour.

Try to cope with that from the very beginning you sign for an ISP and their promised bandwidth they are going to deliver.

This will save yourself in future from needless agitation because you wont be able to change that, not even with a state of the art PC or laptop.

TIT

Several years ago, Thai ISP's stopped saying 'broadband' and started saying Hi-speed Internet, there is a reason for this..............CAT/TOT etc

The simple fact is that not one of the thai ISP's can deliver the speeds they are quoting. They will all sell you a package that says 1MB or 2 MB, but in fact your surfing experience will be down to the final bottleneck and that is your connection to the whole wide world, and simply stated its too small. So while you pay TTT or True or any other for a 1/2 Mb connection you will never actually get that.

The simple fact is that Thailand is dropping further and further behind such advanced countries as Vietnam and china for one simple reason, they get your money and thats it, dont call me I'm busy.

I laugh out loud at the claims of 5/10 years ago of thailand being an IT hub, they cant do it because of the corruption here, particularly in the "nationalised industries".

regards

Freddie