Grade A White Aluminium ''v"' White Upvc

expatgaz

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but is there much difference cost wise between Grade A Aluminium windows and UPVC windows,and how is the quality comparison ?

I really like the look and quality of the UPVC but looking at alternatives,I need a lot of windows !!!

EPG.

If you need Windows you might consider buying a 90 baht Thai Magazine such as "Room" and take note of the Window Company advertisements. Most have web sites and owners who speak and understand English. Last April and May at Impact Convention Center I visited the booths of major window glass manufacturers such as Guardian Glass, and many glass window, glass door fabricators such as Glass Line Thai, Aluzat and others. You can contact those companies who all have web sites, meet at their headquarters in and near Bangkok and be taken to installation sites. You can also see samples at the Architect Expo from many glass window companies later this month and early next month at Architect Expo in Bangkok. You can speak to the technical staff of firms such as Schimmer metal about Glass window and glass door frames.

I received written price bids from five companies prior to selecting the firm for our "Up Country" home. You can also contact the GLASS MANUFACTURING COMPANIES and get unbiased information about windows and window glass in Thailand.

post-20604-1238940213_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1238940235_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1238940263_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1238940282_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1238940349_thumb.jpg

kamalabob2

Would it be possible to list a few of the companies names / website, I am currently in Aust. but preparing all the info and making a few decisions on what / who etc I should use / contact for things like windows and doors for a forthcoming house I am planning to build.

Thanks.

The 90 baht Thai language Magazines such as "Room" have advertisements for several Window and Door companies. You can get some ideas from www.glasslinethai.com and www.aluzat.com In my case I was given a list of recommendations from the native English speaking customer service representative of Guardian Glass in Thailand. Your architect and/or builder might have the names of window companies who they have a good working relationship with.

I went to the main offices of both Glass Line Thai and Aluzat to see actual types of windows, (casement, awning, single hung) glass doors, insect screens, shower doors, window locks, glass tints, and various grade levels of the aluminum plus different thickness of the glass. I went to two homes each in Bangkok by each of three window companies to see actual installations. I received a competitive price bid for UPVC windows from www.duro-products.com but did not meet with this company. The owners of Glass Line Thai, Aluzat, Dr. Temper and Duro Products all speak and understand English.

But selecting a window company does NOT have to be early in your building process, as the window company has to come out to your building site to do a 100% accurate measurement of EACH door opening, EACH window opening once the walls are done, roof completed and walls chapped inside and out of each opening. They could not measure the shower door openings until the tile was 100% completed in the bathroom. In our case, but I suspect it is standard, they numbered each opening on a copy of the house plans and made each window to exact size at a fabricating plant in Chonburi. So to install 73 windows took less than two days by four men. AFTER the walls were painted or walls had tile attached they came back for more hardware on single hung windows. A mistake we made was not having the kitchen tile man communicate with the window man as insect screens became a hassle to install on the casement windows.

In our case window openings CHANGED SIZE, even the number of windows, once construction started, by my choice, so if we had ordered windows early we would not have that flexibility.

If you are considering metal window bars and/or insect screens you have to really think about what type of window will be able to open, and how you will clean the windows and insect screens.

SEEING full size window models in the office of the window company and seeing windows at a home in Bangkok was a huge help. If you can attend the Architect Expo in Bangkok in late April or Early May you can see displays with a variety of products from Window Companies.

www.guardianthailand.com and www.agc-flatglass.co.th are two widely distributed glass companies in Thailand that most reputable window fabricators sell. When you are to the point of making a "request for bid" for your windows it would help if you specify exactly which glass you desire.

post-20604-1239032852_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1239033146_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1239033186_thumb.jpg

The 90 baht Thai language Magazines such as "Room" have advertisements for several Window and Door companies. You can get some ideas from www.glasslinethai.com and www.aluzat.com .........................

Thanks for the reply - and the good info you included.