Uk Settlement Visa Times ... An Update

Just had a phone call from the UK embassy to ask about my wif's pregnancy which we've only just discovered.

We submitted our application on the 10th March but two weeks ago we found out my wife is pregnant by roughly two months and so we faxed the hospital report in support of the application.

We received a call today asking about it to determine whether it needed faster attention but we were not told anything regarding this issue.

What did become apparent is that they are just starting on February's applications and we should wait up to another two months.

It looks like they are getting bogged down and can't process fast enough and this looks like it will mean a spill over from month to month.

I am not so sure that can be right...a lot of guys who applied in the middle of Febuary have now got their visa's (last one Feb 17th) making average of around six weeks.

Another factor is that most of the student applications and Visit applications (for songkran holiday times) will have stopped now, so the load should be less for the Embassy.

Keep in mind though i may be very far wrong as has been shown before :o

Edited by tlusername

Theres a few guys that have had applications from mid feb already processed.I think the waiting time is still about 6 weeks.We'll have to see. Does the embassy stop work for songkran?

Edited by Jonson83

It's possible they said "processing February's applications" rather than stating that they were just starting. I hope this didn't confuse too much.

The embassy stated a possible further 2 month's wait, but I'm sincerely hoping this was said to provide a worse case scenario !! None of use wants to have to wait 3 months for a visa, especially if it turns out to be a refusal.

Latest news on the VFS website

06 April 2009: The Visa4UK[j1] online application system is not accepting any applications at the moment. The UK Border Agency is experiencing technical problems which may result in delays to processing times for some visa applications.

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/

Not sure which of the types are effected but you can bet your bottom dollar settlement will be involved.

Hello All,

The Vfs submitted our settlement visa application on the 11th Feb 2009. Still no communication from the British Embassy. I got my son's passport within 5 days!!! I did turn up at the British Embassy to enquire and as previous posts have mentioned, they just give you the standard answer..."We're very busy". They will not even entertain your question of what stage the visa submission is at. It's very frustrating, because I am waiting in Thailand for the verdict, so that I can take my son and wife back home. :o