Pantip Plaza Best For Repairs/replacements?

eddiemonster

One of those topics where the title says it all.

Is Pantip Plaza best place for repairs/replacements in Bangkok?

Anybody got recent recommendations where I could get a new HD, DVD/CD Re-write and battery for a HP Pavilion laptop?

I would like to get the HD and DVD/CD drive repaired or replaced and a new battery.

If I had to do it I would try IT City, 5th FL, Pantip. They sell HP Pavilion and provide service.

You might pay a little bit more but I would go for it. Pantip is a jungle... but wait for other suggestions to be posted

I would carefully weigh up the cost of your proposed repairs/additions against a new one.

I have replaced batteries on laptops and always regretted it as I ended up buying a new laptop shortly after. So now I sell my old laptop (fully disclosed) and buy a new one.

Replacing batteries is always a minefield. Most I have seen are either re-manufactured units using lower quality batteries or very expensive original equipment. Also you say "back up battery". If you mean, to carry around fully charged as a spare? I have tried this too. All I can say is, I don't anymore!

Let us know what you do - its always interesting to hear.

Good luck in Pantip! (Don't forget Fortune Town - less frenetic)

If I had to do it I would try IT City, 5th FL, Pantip. They sell HP Pavilion and provide service.

You might pay a little bit more but I would go for it. Pantip is a jungle... but wait for other suggestions to be posted

I would carefully weigh up the cost of your proposed repairs/additions against a new one.

I have replaced batteries on laptops and always regretted it as I ended up buying a new laptop shortly after. So now I sell my old laptop (fully disclosed) and buy a new one.

Replacing batteries is always a minefield. Most I have seen are either re-manufactured units using lower quality batteries or very expensive original equipment. Also you say "back up battery". If you mean, to carry around fully charged as a spare? I have tried this too. All I can say is, I don't anymore!

Let us know what you do - its always interesting to hear.

Good luck in Pantip! (Don't forget Fortune Town - less frenetic)

Fortune - I'll second that, good choice! ... and "sexy movie harassment free" :o

• 1 month later...

In the end I only replaced the HD which I did at Modify_Shop, Pantip Plaza, 4th Floor, Room 4112. It was a few weeks ago now but I think it was something like 1,200 baht for 160gb fitted. I also paid 300 baht to have all the data transferred at: H & A W2005, Pantip Plaza, 4th Floor, Room 4108. This took a couple of hours. I am pretty sure that H & A W2005 could also have supplied and fit the HD.

As I say, this was a few weeks ago and everything is still working fine. :D Hope I havent just put the mockers on it! :)

stay away from Pantip, full of crooks. Fortune Town is much much better neither ur farang or Thai.

Nonsense! They are several trustworthy and knowledgeable shops in Pantip. For PCs, try Jedicool or Busitek. For Laptops, try Global Solutions.

Software is overpriced at Fortune ....

Edited by sniffdog