I Have To Get My Photocopied Id "notarized". Do Embassies Do This?

dudeyone

I have to get my photocopied Malaysian ID "notarized". I think it's certified by someone or something. Do embassies do this? If not, where?

If you are a UK national the British embassy, consulate dept. will do this for just over 1000 baht a page.

Best check with your own Embassy.

Edited by rak sa_ngop

Notarized?

Cant any professional, a lawyer or chartered accountant, certify copies? I have done this many times with my friend (A UK Chartered accountant)

Whoever is asking for the notarization will specify who they will accept the notarization from.

I didn't know the UK Embassy charged 1000 bht per page. Cant blame them, as it is a pain, but gosh, what a lovely business!

Please let us know the result

I have to get my photocopied Malaysian ID "notarized". I think it's certified by someone or something. Do embassies do this? If not, where?

If you a foreigner in a country the only place to get any documents (Malaysian ID) issued by your country notarized or certified is at your own country's embassies.

I have done it a few times at te Malaysian embassy at Sathorn. No charge.

Hello Guys, my question has to do with US Govt requirements, specifically to get an IRS taxpayment number for my Thai wife so I could claim her on my tax return.

Because she does not have a Thai Passport, I was to send other documents instead. They asked for originals or nortorized copies of the originals of several official documents. Of course, I sent originals of our marriaage license, her national ID card, etc. with which they denied my app. and sent back to me. Said they had to have an english translation, notarized by a special notary that they recognized (under some treaty, don't remember which now). With the passport, would still have needed a notarized copy I believe.

Anyway, does the US consulate notarize translations in english of foriegn docs??? How would they know the trans was accurate??? I have had them notraize the income statement but of course that is in english to begin with!

Any ideas here??

It will depend on the purpose.

For some subjects the notarization must be signed by a translator who is authorized by the Thai Interior Ministry.

I know this one from when I adopted my son. Many of the original documents were in English. The initial translations were stamped at signed at my home embassy.

The first attempt to submit Thai translations failed and we then learned that these documents had to be signed off by a Thai person authorized to do translation by the Thai Interior Ministry.

We were then given a list of such authorized people, only about 10 people on the list.

only a notary public can notarise documents

other professionals may certify copies as true

embassy / consular staff may also do so (many are reluctant to do so)

you can have a drunk homeless guy sign your copies or anyone else if you want

whats crucial is that you get the right person to do it in such a manner that its acceptable to whoever you will then be supplying the documents to??????

If you a foreigner in a country the only place to get any documents (Malaysian ID) issued by your country notarized or certified is at your own country's embassies.

I have done it a few times at te Malaysian embassy at Sathorn. No charge.

Thanks buddy. I just did this, but was charged 200bht a page.