Why Does Such A Rubbish Airport Need Its Own Forum?

YOU CANT COMPARE SINGAPORE WITH THAILAND.

SINGAPORE IS VERY TINY COUNTRY. SEE THE SIZE OF THAILAND.

IF THAILAND WAS THE SIZE OF SINGAPORE THEN OFCOURSE THAI AIRPORT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST TOO.

Can you find the "Caps Lock" button on your keyboard?

Good! Now turn it "off". :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but what a little thought out original post. It's not an 'I heart Suvarnabhumi' forum, is it?

It's a place to get your questions answered regarding the use of that airport that's why it has its own forum. And as it's there we got to live with it, what choice do we have? Are you gonna take the train down to KLIA?.

Ive just returned from Singapore

What a delightful airport Chengi is compared with BKK.

Singapore:

......................Free Wi-fi

Changi is, of course, one of the best if not the very best airport on the planet.

The WiFi is not free. Free are those flat screen terminals that let you have a 15 minutes Internet session before you have to login again.

To enjoy "Free WiFi" you have to register and they send you SMS message with your password to your mobile. That's where they make money: that message is sent through international roaming and they charge you for it. Not a big money for individuals but nice hefty sum for the provider of the "Free WiFi".

Has there been a change? Last October, I used their paid-for WiFi (reasonable costs, I believe it was 200 baht), but they gave me my account and password on a paper right there at the counter when I paid.

To the OP:

You're right about the comparisons between the two, but we do need a forum.... to keep track of where all the "rubbish" is... so as best not to step in it.

Edited by sriracha john

I think the Suvarnabhumi Airport is fine - it is clean, the range of options to get to my destination is great.

The taxis are fine when you get in them, prices are negotiable.

To those who say that the prices of things at the airport is excessive - make sure you tell everyone BEFORE they go to the airport, however, the duty-free cigarettes at Suvarnabhumi are cheaper than at Melbourne's airport Tullamarine equivalent of $20 in Thailand , $50 in Australia (I pick them up for my sister.).

Customs coming in - I have nothing to declare and walk straight through every time. What a breeze!

On the way out, queues just like another airport.

As to why the airport needs its own forum, well that should be obvious because people have opinions about it, both positive and negative!

Sim cards - pay 199 baht - put in phone, buy top time at any 7-11 - how easy is that!

Food expensive -yes, so I don't eat there, so I have nothing to complain about there (again, standard airport prices world wide)

Surely part of the problem with the airport is the fact that as a new place it has not really improved over the old one and appears not to have carried out much market research as to what people really want or need, take for example the lack of toilet facilities when first opened and the fact that a lot of airlines contemplated moving back to the old airport.

Those of us who use the airport on a regular basis know what the problems are, taxi ripoffs are only one of the problems but it seems that the op is right, the airport authorities had the chance to make this place one of the best airports in the world so what went wrong?.

airports are pretty awful the world over.

people can be awful anywhere, even on forums.

<deleted>?king off home isnt much use issit?

any perceived problems wont be solved with an attitude like that, will they? look at the airport. bus terminals.

isnt that more like the attitude of someone who likes to brush things under the rug?

or are the posters merely so acclimatised as to warrant the predictable xenophobic 'local' response?

please let someone jump in and tell me to flap off 'home' without paying any attention to details, pleeeeease.

ef