Getting Married In Thailand

ThaKing

Hi all,

a few months ago I asked my then girlfriend to marry me while in Pai. Now engaged, we are trying to organise our wedding. We have thought of many different ideas and havent anything really blow us away until we thought of getting married in Pai.

As both of us are Australian, we have been thinking that this might be quite hard to organise, especially since Pai doesnt seem to have any facilities to do such a thing. We were thinking of booking out obe of the many river front accomodation complexes (not hotels, and not guest houses.. you know what i mean) and have a ceremony for during the day for us. Nothing formal, no offical processes as this would all be done back home via the registry office. That night, we were thinking we could ask some street vendors (pad thai vendor, roti vendor, etc) to provide food for our guests all night. We would pay them for their food and services in advance so guests can just approach them for food.

What we are wondering is if this is a viable option and how would we go about organising this, considering that we wont be able to get back there fr some time...

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

ThaKing

Hi all,

a few months ago I asked my then girlfriend to marry me while in Pai. Now engaged, we are trying to organise our wedding. We have thought of many different ideas and havent anything really blow us away until we thought of getting married in Pai.

As both of us are Australian, we have been thinking that this might be quite hard to organise, especially since Pai doesnt seem to have any facilities to do such a thing. We were thinking of booking out obe of the many river front accomodation complexes (not hotels, and not guest houses.. you know what i mean) and have a ceremony for during the day for us. Nothing formal, no offical processes as this would all be done back home via the registry office. That night, we were thinking we could ask some street vendors (pad thai vendor, roti vendor, etc) to provide food for our guests all night. We would pay them for their food and services in advance so guests can just approach them for food.

What we are wondering is if this is a viable option and how would we go about organising this, considering that we wont be able to get back there fr some time...

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

ThaKing

Best advice would be to post this in the Chiang Mai / North section on TV for better 'first hand' experience.

Hi all,

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

ThaKing

Best advice would be to post this in the Chiang Mai / North section on TV for better 'first hand' experience.

Drop into Charnon's Bar in Pai (across the road from the petrol station) and speak to Charnon, he will give you some ideas. His friends had something similar a year or two back.

Drop into Charnon's Bar in Pai (across the road from the petrol station) and speak to Charnon, he will give you some ideas. His friends had something similar a year or two back.

Thanks yeoldesage...

Are you able to supply any contact details at all?

Or any ideas of how i might be able to obtain these??

Thanks in advance...

ThaKing

Thanks yeoldesage...

Are you able to supply any contact details at all?

Or any ideas of how i might be able to obtain these??

Thanks in advance...

ThaKing

I have sent you a pm with the contact number.

Any problems, let me know

Good luck

Yeo