Redirect Using True Adsl

momosan

Occasionally when trying to visit a site I'm redirected to welcome.truelife.com even though the link is valid and the site/page is up and working confirmed by the fact that if I click the link or enter the address again it'll load fine. I thought it must be them tampering with the DNS in some way so I switched to using the OpenDNS servers but it didn't work.

Anyone know what the frack is giong on? :o

• 6 months later...

I've seen this happen with ADSL modem/routers supplied by True.

Updating the routers' firmware should get rid of it.

Fair warning though, using the wrong firmware will render it inoperable (aka: bricked router). Better to go out and spend THB1,500 on a decent router.

• 2 months later...
It's with the wifi v1 routers True supplies. I hate it as well. I put my old Zyxel back instead and the bugging advertising was gone. It's just a way for them to get more people on their website.

One way to combat ISP redirecting traffic to their own website is to rate it to zero using WOT addon of FireFox.

So every time you are redirected to this website, give it a zero rating.

http://minihome.truelife.com/welcometrue/

Don't know about getting rerouted, but "True" sure have probs today! I am down to KBs!

Shes all good here in Pattaya (8mb connection)

663125199.png

663125655.png

The redirect shits me to tears, will try and update my firmware, i did buy another modem but for the life of me i cannot get it to connect.

Edited by Spoonman