Looking For A Papasan Chair

Globalguppy

Help! My eyes feel like raisens. :o I've checked the internet in every nook and cranny and can't seem to find out where I can get a papasan chair with cushion in this country. I'd preferably like to know of a place here in Phuket, but will spring for the shipping if it's coming from elsewhere in Thailand. Perhaps there's another name for these chairs in Thailand? I mean I'm pretty sure they were invented here.

I just want two for my new house, they are really the most comfortable things in the world!!

Great appreciation for any replies. :D

I had mine made at the Kata Ratan shop, Patak Road, south end of Kata. I've also noticed them being sold at the side of main roads from back of pick-ups. For example on Chao Fa East, almost at Phuket Town, near the giant PTT gas station.

God I love this forum!

Did you notice if the cushions were included with the chairs on Chao Fa East? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the custom made papasan? Thanks for your reply.

Did you notice if the cushions were included with the chairs on Chao Fa East? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the custom made papasan? Thanks for your reply.

The one I had made in Kata was quite expensive, about 8,000 baht.... 12 years ago. But it's still in use, with cushion cover renewal every 5 years. The ones I've noticed by roadside are cheaper build, with cushion.

The one I had made in Kata was quite expensive, about 8,000 baht.... 12 years ago. But it's still in use, with cushion cover renewal every 5 years. The ones I've noticed by roadside are cheaper build, with cushion.

Great thank you for the info. Going to check it out today!

aren't they just the best!

Yes they are! When I lived in San Francisco I didn't have a bed and I used this as my bed for quite some time. I always woke up from a great sleep. Just the other day I was at a tattoo shop that had two papasans outside the business for clients to relax on, listen to bossa nova, and look over the tattoo books, that was it, I was out like a light in a matter of minuets. That's when I knew I had to find one again (not for an actual bed this time).

Anyway the owner woke me up and I asked her where she got them and it was from a friend from a from who had them imported.

That's when the search was on to have my own!!