Now That I'm Back Home On Vancouver Island

IanForbes

What an awesome, sexy, amazing looking trout you got there.. :D

I usually catch them at the Doi Kham store.. :o

Man, you make people jealous both when you're in Thailand *as well as* when you're back home.. (There's a big compliment in there)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Lucky guy, you hit the weather just right for your return too.

Plus you can watch the Canuck and Flames game!!!!!!

Cheers

I'm watching it right now as you posted. Our Canucks are being out played by the Flames, but are leading after two periods 2 -1. It's an important game for both teams to see who finishes first in their division. Hockey is much faster game than soccer, but similar in high skill levels needed and that there is not a lot of scoring. Having choices in sports to watch is a lot different than only having soccer or nothing for the past 5 months.

I think the trout looked a lot more mature. :o

An astuteness thou hast exhibited here, Khun Winnie of Kwai !

But I have a suspicion that these little-fish of Thailand may have caught him, hooked him deeper than he knows, and he is more on his way to being "plaa sook" (cooked fish) than he realizes.

~o:37;

"A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! 'a pour'd a flagon

of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull, sir, was, sir,

Yorick's skull, the King's jester."

Hamlet, Act 5, Scene 1, First Clown, speaking as he stumbles across Yorick's skull while digging Ophelia's grave.

But I have a suspicion that these little-fish of Thailand may have caught him, hooked him deeper than he knows, and he is more on his way to being "plaa sook" (cooked fish) than he realizes.

There is a definite truth to that, Orang37. I'm fully aware of what my options are at home... ZERO!

This is my ex-wife with her new husband. She's a nice lady and he is a great guy. We are all good friends, but there isn't enough money in the world for me to take her back.

Roger_and_Lili_Em.sized.jpg

It is FAR cheaper using the rent-a-wife system in Thailand than paying for a marriage in North America. I've come to realize that it really is true what the little book "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" says. The only advantage of marriage for a male is if you enjoy raising children to adulthood. I've already done that and I'm finished with the process. If I just wanted to "LIVE" with someone I would pick another man. We would have much more in common. Good sex can be had elsewhere.

Just wondering, where exactly on Vancouver Island is your trout stream/ river? Looks idyllic enough to possibly warrant a visit; albeit, a long time in the future. Oh, and do the black bears keep their distance? Cheers...

Just wondering, where exactly on Vancouver Island is your trout stream/ river? Looks idyllic enough to possibly warrant a visit; albeit, a long time in the future. Oh, and do the black bears keep their distance? Cheers...

I live in Duncan on the lower quarter of the island. My home river is the Cowichan and it is 5 minutes away from my home. However, I fish all the rivers on Vancouver Island and I'm currently writing a book on my adventures there. The island is over 400 kilometers long and a 100 kilometers wide. There are hundreds of rivers and streams on the Island and most have seasonal runs of salmon and trout. Black bears are quite common everywhere there are salmon streams. When salmon enter the rivers in early fall we can often see a dozen or more in one day. For the most part the bears are relatively docile and leave humans alone. But, there is always the possibility of a grumpy one who gets aggressive if you encroach on his territory. I'm used to wild animals and can usually judge their body language pretty close. Some I won't approach closer than a hundred meters and others I been within 3 or 4 meters away. The bears are just now coming out of hibernation.

I've been fishing the island rivers for over 50 years. This shot was taken 20 years ago.

Gold_steel.jpg

This is a black bear chasing salmon in the river shallows. I got quite close to him.

Black_bear_hunting_4.jpg

Black_bear_hunting_6.jpg

Ning looks a lot better with a little makeup! :o

They are fun to be with whether they have makeup on or not. We can joke around about all sorts of topics. That is why I'll miss them.