Help! I'm Losing My Hair.

Norrad

Propecia Side Effects

Propeciasideeffects.com was formed to spread the word about the undocumented potentially irreversible side effects caused by using Propecia (finasteride) 1mg each day. A number of males have suffered erectile dysfunction, impotence, low libido and gynecomestica after using Propecia. The shattering truth for these males is that the side effects did not disappear after ceasing finasteride. The shattering truth is that years later these individuals are still suffering in silence with a seriously reduced quality of life due to erectile dysfunction and impotence. It is not know exactly what causes these changes and how to screen individuals before treatment.

There is no cure for baldness regardless of what creams and lotions other BMs are touting on this board. If there was a cure, you know that there would be few or no bald guys.

Many ladies like bald guys. Just shave your head, but stay away from the tatts...lol

Propecia Side Effects

Propeciasideeffects.com was formed to spread the word about the undocumented potentially irreversible side effects caused by using Propecia (finasteride) 1mg each day. A number of males have suffered erectile dysfunction, impotence, low libido and gynecomestica after using Propecia. The shattering truth for these males is that the side effects did not disappear after ceasing finasteride. The shattering truth is that years later these individuals are still suffering in silence with a seriously reduced quality of life due to erectile dysfunction and impotence. It is not know exactly what causes these changes and how to screen individuals before treatment.

There is no cure for baldness regardless of what creams and lotions other BMs are touting on this board. If there was a cure, you know that there would be few or no bald guys.

Many ladies like bald guys. Just shave your head, but stay away from the tatts...lol

What a clever response.

My old hair dresser had even more intelectual one: "The only thing that can stop your hair falling off - is the floor of my shop".

Other than that, a complete nonsense what the character (the poster) quoted above mumbled. Utter rubbish.

Edited by think_too_mut

Propecia Side Effects

Fond of conspiracy theories... ?

Yes some feel the side effects but vast majority wont notice a thing.

Generic meds from Bumrungrad around 1600 baht per month (proscar and minoxidil? lotion). As someone said even cheaper if you buy directly without prescription.

Then google company named intercytex, they do somekind of stemcell research and have developed a system where they give you one injection of your own "hair stemcells" and problem solved. They have completed phase II study with volunteers (in Manchester UK) and are due to release results shortly. If there is no big setbacks there indeed is permanent cure in couple of years... Anyways the whole story is there on their web pages.

undocumented potentially irreversible side effects caused by using Propecia (finasteride) 1mg each day.

This is not in any way an undocumented effect. It is a well known and well documented side effect, listed in any drug reference site and in package inserts for the product.

Occurs only rarely, but it does occur to some people.

All medications have side effects and the decision to take a drug must involve the weighing of risks and benefits.

Everyone taking or contemplating taking a long term medication should read up on contraindications, interactions and side effects. There are a number of online resources for this.

Just throwing your money down the shitter with all these wonder drugs, might as well spend it on bargirls, at least you will get some pleasure.

I think you guys are looking for something and its just not there,,,,BTW, Im a bald guy and sympatize with all going through the angst.

LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS OFFICIAL

January 2009 (Links fixed)

A special investigation of Propecia led by the Swedish Medical Products Agency has resulted in changes to the Prescription Information for Propecia:

Investigation of Propecia by Swedish MPA (Link is in Swedish for English information see link at the end of this article.)

Among the most important changes are (in section 4, "Possible Side Effects"):

"* Persistent difficulty having an erection after discontinuation of treatment.

* Infertility has been reported in men who took finasteride for long time and had other risk factors that may affect fertility. Normalisation or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride. Long-term clinical studies about the effect of finasteride on fertility in men have not been conducted."

The full updated English Propecia prescription information is here:

http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/SPC_PIL/Pdf...ablet%20ENG.pdf

Read about it on our forums here (In English):

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2002

Edited by danmarnj

Propecia Side Effects

What a clever response.

My old hair dresser had even more intelectual one: "The only thing that can stop your hair falling off - is the floor of my shop".

Other than that, a complete nonsense what the character (the poster) quoted above mumbled. Utter rubbish.

your term of "hair dresser: sounds pretty gay to me,,,maybe you dont care if you dont have an erection, maybe you are a reciever...lol

Anyway, you mention a 5 percent regrowth,,,,how do you measure? and,,,you must take this wonder drug the rest of your life!! doesnt sound very healthy to me,,,,

you should stop giving the vulnerable false.

I'm still quite young (28 years old) and I'm noticing that my hair is starting to thin out. I dread becomming a baldy, no offence to those who are.

Are there any over the counter solutions available in Bangkok? I haven't developed any bald spots, just noticing that it is thinning out in general and my hairline is receeding slowly.

I'm a Pharmacist who's directly in this industry, I hope I can help on this one. There are 2 basic ways for your problem, either oral (Propecia is recommended) or topical (Rogaine).

Both drugs works differently, Propecia's active chemical is Finasteride, works by suppressing your DHT hormone which are blocking your hair from regrowing. This means, Propecia is decreasing your male hormone in a way or another. The most undesirable adversed reaction are impotent, but only 1% of the test subject had been reported to have it.

Alternative orals would be Regaine, which works by stimulating the hair cell to grow more hairs. This promotes other parts of your body to grow those hairs fasters too.

Second would be topical solution, Rogaine, apply it to promote hair growth, twice daily.

I advise on Rogaine for 3 months (on a 5% solution), and if it doesnt work, start taking Propecia, a visible result will happen in the 2nd month, and a clear change in 3 months.

There are generics for both products which works exactly the same, and my patients are taking them because it works just fine.

Do PM me if you need of any other helps, I'll gladly help if I can.

PS: Ah yes, I've to note that generally, there is no perfect cure for hair loss yet. If you stop any of these treatment, your hairs will start falling off after a week or a month, however, in less than 3 years, we can expect a good news from doctors who are researching on hair transplant to trick the hair cell to 'regrow' the hairs normally.

Edited by Seizhin

Both drugs works differently, Propecia's active chemical is Finasteride, works by suppressing your DHT hormone which are blocking your hair from regrowing. This means, Propecia is decreasing your male hormone in a way or another. The most undesirable adversed reaction are impotent, but only 1% of the test subject had been reported to have it.

Alternative orals would be Regaine, which works by stimulating the hair cell to grow more hairs. This promotes other parts of your body to grow those hairs fasters too.

Am I understanding correctly then that Propecia won't promote hair growth on other body parts, like Regaine will?

The hair on the top/back of my pate is thinning noticeably, but the rest of my body still is covered with (what I consider to be) too much hair. I would like to regenerate hair growth on my head, but not promotoe hair growth elsewhere. Will Propecia do that?