Salon On Rachamankha Soi 4/ Racha Phakhinai Rd

upa1000

I recently returned from a business trip to Bangkok. When I'm in Chiang Mai, I usually stay on Moonmueang Soi 2. My hair usually gets pretty shaggy as I'm hesitant to get it cut in CM. (I've just had too many bad haircuts here. Seems like Thais have a hard time with wavy farang man hair.) One day, out of desperation, I strolled into this small salon near my guesthouse. To my surprise, I got about the best cut I've had since being in CM.

The shop was run by two sisters from Issan. One spoke English really well, but she said she didn't cut men's hair. (Too bad because she was really cute!) Her older sister, that didn't speak very much English, actually cut my hair and did a fantastic job.

I remember them mentioning they were going to open a new shop. Unfortunately, I didn't ask when. Turns out, yesterday I went back to the shop and there was a different girl working there. She only spoke a little bit of English, and my Thai's not so good. Anyway, what I got out of our conversation was the girls that were in the shop before had already moved and were going to open a new shop.

The shop was located near the corner of Racha Phakhinai Rd and Ratchamankha Soi 4. It's really distinct as it is constructed of red bricks and has a small barber's light in front. It was a very small shop with only a couple of chairs and a lay-down wash basin.

I'd really like to find it as I find it hard to get a good haircut here. (I have to admit, I was a bit smitten with the cute sister, Saai, too, but she told me she had a boyfriend. Oh well, we can all wish.)

If the description sounds familiar and anyone can tell me where the shop moved to, I'd appreciate it.