Kasikorn

Anyone had any problems with the time it's taken this bank to credit electronic funds from England or the charges that they have made.

No, but I have had problems with the length of time it takes them to serve me when in one of their bloody long lines of customers!!

I just did transfer from the UK last Wednesday,my UK bank said 1 working day,its still not appeared in my account here.

The staff in the Pattaya Tai Kasikorn,I find rather rude,especially on customer service ,but they seem to be well understaffed.

It means another trip down there today to find whats happened to my money.

>>>>>> I've been banking with them for 20 years at a few different branches, and never any problems. International Electronic SWIFT transfers credited the same or next day, maximum charge on this end is 550 baht... <<<<<<

Ditto for me (except for the 20 yrs.) --- similar positive feedback regarding BBL and, SCB too. :o

I just did  transfer from the UK last Wednesday,my UK bank said 1 working day,its still not appeared in my account here.

The staff in the Pattaya Tai Kasikorn,I find rather rude,especially on customer service ,but they seem to be well understaffed.

It means another trip down there today to find whats happened to my money.

The process is quite automated once it reaches Thailand, so if there's a delay, you might want to put the blame on the sending bank, rather than Kasikorn, but TiT, too, na'? :D . All incoming wires are received at the Main Branch in Bkk, and credited to your account...

Anyway, I've done many many transfers with them from the US, and never ever a delay...yet :o

In the US, since the bank coding system is different here, they use a middleman bank, Like NY Bank... Delays can happen due to confusion of local tellers, or even mangers, with no experience in the extra intracacies of International transfers... I had that happen a couple of years ago with another bank. Maybe there's a similar kind of delay with your UK bank...

Anyone had any problems with the time it's taken this bank to credit electronic funds from England or the charges that they have made.

I just called 02 888 8888,and a very nice English speaking girl sorted out my problem,its been a year or so since my last transfer,and of course the swift code has changed for the K bank,so my mistake not the banks.

The reason for the topic was that I electronically sent stirling which left UK on 4 Jan (75฿) which should have arrived here on the 7th, but Kasikorn claim they didn't receive until the 14th (72.2฿), then charged in addition to the standard ฿500 fee a charge of ฿1000 for transfering this from Pahonyotin to my account.

I hate this bank, and only use them due to me having my company account with them, but I am gradually running it down.

Saying that I haven't had a problem when transfering money. I have transfered in Baht and get a fixed rate from my UK bank including charges, so I know how much I am getting and what it will cost.

The reason for the topic was that I electronically sent stirling which left UK on 4 Jan (75฿) which should have arrived here on the 7th, but Kasikorn claim they didn't receive until the 14th (72.2฿), then charged in addition to the standard ฿500 fee a charge of ฿1000 for transfering this from Pahonyotin to my account.

On the 7th January Bangkok Bank was buying sterling Telegraphic Transfers at 73.30 baht to the pound. Cant imagine Kasikorn would be much different. In my experience, Both BBL and SCB have never hung onto the money - always credited same day they receive it - however when I check with UK bank, they had not sent it when they said they were if there has ever been a delay. Neither SCB or BBL have ever charged me more than 500b even for an upcountry credit.

No probs with Kasikorn/Thai Farmers bank.....untill NOW! :o

Just returned from the bank after applying for a company bank account. This was my 2nd visit with the purpose to open a company bank account.

First time I was told by the bank to "write a letter" that I wanted to open a bank account. So I did....but this time I was told that the letter was "wrong". Needed some ????? contents or things like that! So still no bank account. And no English info from the bank WHAT they want me to write in this f...... letter!

Anyone in this forum has a clue about that? :D

yes, i made an swift (express) eurotransfer on dec/27 - rate 52.85 -, money was credited jan/06 - rate 51.83 - after an email to headquarters!

got all kind of "excuses" :

* money did not arrive earlier - later acknowledged, money came within 20 hours

* new law, have to contact bank for transfer over 1 million bt - i had contacted head office for new swift code, announcing the transfer

* could not contact me : account number gives branch, they have all data

after second e-mail to headoffice, asking for explanation - reply, that after checking will contact - not until today (only 20 days!)

kasikorn has been my bank for about 15 years, they will not get another chance to cheat me!

i move to SCB, all transfers in thai bt!! :o