Thaskin Is Winning

TonySoprano

Is that what you would have advocated Tony? Guilty criminals who can make nuisances of themselves should be slapped on the wrists and told to "run along now"?

Oh wait are we now talking about the International Terrorist that took over the International Airport? Look I have no horse in this race but I sure see a lot of pots calling kettles black.

They lost it back at the airport. If Thailand wanted to be democratic that was the crucial time.

In fact it is too bad other countries didn't come in & show them how at that moment.

After all other countries were being held hostage.

Ok now tell me again about the slap on the wrist...run along premise????

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the international media is for either party all they cover is the goings on, before it was airport closure and demonstrations now its demontsrations and road blockades, they don't talk about the why or the players involved, no one really gives s**t outside of Thailand, its a second rate country run like a nut house, thats what the average Westerner sees.

I don't think the international media is for either party all they cover is the goings on, before it was airport closure and demonstrations now its demontsrations and road blockades, they don't talk about the why or the players involved, no one really gives s**t outside of Thailand, its a second rate country run like a nut house, thats what the average Westerner sees.

Only the english press (BBC, The Economist) seems to be really interested to understand what's really going on in Thailand

not sure if he is "winning" but the momentum is squarely in his favor. I think he knows, just maintain pressure and numbers and something will give way, hopefully fresh elections. the result of which, thai people will just have to accept.

None of them are winning, they all should to be taken out back and shot, the yellow shirts were disgusting in there actions and now the red shirts are following there leed. If any of them actually had an ounce of decency and love for there country they would shut up shop go home and fight this the right way through the courts or at the ballot box. The only agenda either side seems to have is the destruction of there country. Shame on the lot of them.

Edited by rick75

They have now been joined by thousands of taxi drivers, who have blocked major roads and helped paralyse traffic in parts of the city, including the busy Victory Monument junction. :o

From the BBC website...

Rick, I think that most Thais are starting to agree with you.

having passed over the mob at Victory monument who totalled not more than probably 1,000 possibly 1,500 at the most at 10am; and having been blocked by the mob at the express way at Dindaeng 20 minutes earlier (perhaps 50 people max, a few taxis, blocking a total of 8 lanes) it looks to me like the groundswell of support needed to overthrow the government is simply not there - I'd guess not more than 100,000 across the capital, possibly as few as 10-20,000; for all the claims of the overwhelming support, the phone ins, the patriotic speeches, the red shirts aren't the force they were even back in the 2008 yellow shirt days.

Definitely well organised though; everyone with the arm bands, the t shirts, the headbands, the brand new flags. This is not some people coming from upcountry to complain on their own feet; the stacks of free water, the marketing machine, this is clearly the work of a PR adept marketer who wants to get maximum coverage knowing the world is looking at Thailand for the summit.

Certainly, going home, unlike PAD during their tenure at government house there were basically no people talking positively at all about this; it is more like the airport situation when the PAD held the country to ransom, with everyone saying <deleted> please mob, just f&*k off back home on the kwai you rode in here.

Of course, coming second, they have to deal with the negative press locally that comes with this; regionally I think people are just bored to report much.

no idea how this is 'winning' it is just pi$$ing people off.

Edited by bertlamar

:o
Wow, a shocker. When they yellows were protesting Abhisit thought the government should quit, but now that the reds are protesting he thinks the government quitting is a bad idea. :D

they should include a laugh track in these every TV station state of emergency speeches.

Classic example of: Do what I say and not what I do. :D

You mean just like the opposition now and all the reds?

That refused to go to election half a year ago and now suddenly want it since they make a lousy opposition party?

Is that what you would have advocated Tony? Guilty criminals who can make nuisances of themselves should be slapped on the wrists and told to "run along now"?

Oh wait are we now talking about the International Terrorist that took over the International Airport? Look I have no horse in this race but I sure see a lot of pots calling kettles black.

Ok now tell me again about the slap on the wrist...run along premise????

Flying, where was the part in my post that condoned the PAD taking of the airport?

Tony was making a point about Thaksin. I responded. Had he been making a point about the PAD's protest at the airport, i might have responded to that, and had i done so, i wouldn't have tried to justify the PAD's actions simply by stating an example of one of Thaksin's wrongdoings.

Thaskin Will be back. Maybe not this year or even next year But he will be back

You only have to turn the clock back and look the History of world politics.

People will not put up with this for ever. Take France as an Example.

Look at the UK. Oliver Cromwell gave us what we have Today.

One of the better systems for government. Please Note I did Not say it was the best.

It is certainly better than what we have here at this moment, That is for sure.

5 Years 10 Years 50 Years who knows. But the time for change will come

At the moment it looks like it could be sooner rather than later

If I was to put money on it I would say in the next 12 months.

LOL, Usama came into town?

Get a grip, man...

None of them are winning, they all should to be taken out back and shot, the yellow shirts were disgusting in there actions and now the red shirts are following there leed. If any of them actually had an ounce of decency and love for there country they would shut up shop go home and fight this the right way through the courts or at the ballot box. The only agenda either side seems to have is the destruction of there country. Shame on the lot of them.
What if the courts are currupt and the ballot box is denied ?

Red shirts are just asking rogue Abhisit to step down and call for elections.

Rogue Abhisit is well aware he's been appointed in spite of people's vote and will never do that, unless forced. All disruptions and possible violences are rogue Abhisit's responsability, not Red demonstrators who are just trying to get back the voting rights they have been robbed of.

not sure if he is "winning" but the momentum is squarely in his favor.

:o:D Evidence please? Thai news reports otherwise, as do public polls.

I think he knows, just maintain pressure and numbers and something will give way, hopefully fresh elections. the result of which, thai people will just have to accept.

I don't think he knows anything except that he has nothing to lose, sitting safely on the sidelines in exile.

Fresh elections simply further the cycle, the result of which always is 'Villagers elect, Bangkok rejects.' That won't change as long as simple majoritarian rule is in place here. The nation's power centres, economically speaking, will not allow a dictatorship of bought votes for long, history amply demonstrates.

The nation's power centres, economically speaking, will not allow a dictatorship of bought votes for long, history amply demonstrates.
There's an evident absurdity in this sentence, if the votes were for sale what problem would the "power centres" have in buying them all ? If the "power centers" are using the army, the judiciary and all possible dirty tricks like buying the Newin faction , it must be because the peasants votes actually are not for sale.

What if the courts are currupt and the ballot box is denied ?

Red shirts are just asking rogue Abhisit to step down and call for elections.

Rogue Abhisit is well aware he's been appointed in spite of people's vote and will never do that, unless forced. All disruptions and possible violences are rogue Abhisit's responsability, not Red demonstrators who are just trying to get back the voting rights they have been robbed of.

Have any of the issues been tested in court? (that is a real question), if the Thai courts are corrupt what about international courts.

I don't have a side in this, I think the actions of all sides and there power brokers are disgusting.

He'll be back and the trumped up charges against him will be droped, as they should be.

The judges where "ordered" to convict him. Did you see the televised dressing down of the judges?

He'll be back allright but not yet.

He's patient.

So are the people.

Long live democracy.

not sure if he is "winning" but the momentum is squarely in his favor. I think he knows, just maintain pressure and numbers and something will give way, hopefully fresh elections. the result of which, thai people will just have to accept.

i don't like your avtar MC2

Edited by yogi

The nation's power centres, economically speaking, will not allow a dictatorship of bought votes for long, history amply demonstrates.
There's an evident absurdity in this sentence, if the votes were for sale what problem would the "power centres" have in buying them all ? If the "power centers" are using the army, the judiciary and all possible dirty tricks like buying the Newin faction , it must be because the peasants votes actually are not for sale.

so just to understand your logic, when Samak convinces Banharn to join him, that is ok. When Thaksin gets NAP etc to join TRT that is ok.

But when Newin joins the democrat coalition.....that is a dirty trick.

:o:D:D:D:D

If all the red shirt supporters are as smart and clever as you, no wonder they look like uneducated thugs.

well i dont like yours

well i dont like yours

I kind of like that picture of Thugsin.

so just to understand your logic, when Samak convinces Banharn to join him, that is ok. When Thaksin gets NAP etc to join TRT that is ok.

But when Newin joins the democrat coalition.....that is a dirty trick.

:o:D:D:D:D

If all the red shirt supporters are as smart and clever as you, no wonder they look like uneducated thugs.

So vote buying is bad but buying political parties is ok?

Are we not once again in the pot calling the kettle black territory?

Do you agree?

Yes.

One telling factor is that his supporters associate him with increased wealth, whereas the present Govt it must be the opposite. Possibly unfair but there it is.

And one thing is for sure.. the economic situation will get worse.

Prepare for fireworks!!!

here are the facts about thaksin....he paid 26 million baht in the last week to get the mob going ...each person was paid 1,500 baht and a free bus to bangkok...he is angry now because he thought he would have got a better result...all his family are out of thailand now in dubai.....all corrupt

^^ please keep the Royal Family out of the discussion.

thank you.

:o

tony soprano you dont know much about this by the sounds of it ...it has all to do with the royal family...that is who thaksin is rebelling against..he wants to be more powerful than the king :D the thai people love the king and thaksin wont change that....its the poor people from the north east who dont know any different who are voteing for him because they are getting paid to do so......

I am a white-shirt person. I did like Taksin, yeh but no but yeh but Now can't really say that which side i'm in.

Yellow-closed the airport

Red-closing the roads

oh well well

The Yellowjackets closed the airport AND the roads - if that helps any. :o