Piss Poor Ubc Motogp Coverage

AceCafe

Looks like the powers that be at UBC have screwed up yet another terrific Sunday event...... I refer to the info on their website regarding this Sundays inaugural 2009 racing from Qatar. This is what they tell us:

12-Apr-2009 23:57 64 MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 - MAIN RACE :

So all we get to see this season is the main race? But hey, never mind, maybe they will fill the missing 2 hours with football. :o

Qatar was not a race... It was testing. It got much more news attention then most tests because it was the last test this season.... Still just testing 1.2.3......

Edited by Richard-BKK

Qatar was not a race... It was testing. It got much more news attention then most tests because it was the last test this season.... Still just testing 1.2.3......

Sorry, I don't understand. What d'you mean by "was"........ the MotoGP season kicks off this coming Sunday with an evening race in Qatar. We get to see it in Thailand, live, at midnight. However, in previous years the programme has been 4 hours long and used to start with the 250cc Motorcycle World Championship, then the 500cc and culminate in the main race, the Grand Prix. Now, from what their website tells me, we will only get coverage of the Grand Prix.

2009 FIM MotoGP World Championship calendar:

April 12th* - Qatar - Losail

April 26th - Japan - Motegi

May 3rd - Spain - Jerez

May 17th - France - Le Mans

May 31st - Italy - Mugello

June 14th - Catalunya - Catalunya

June 27th - Netherlands - Assen

July 5th - United States - Laguna Seca

July 19th - Germany - Sachsenring

July 26th - Great Britain - Donington Park

August 16th - Czech Republic - Brno

August 30th - Indianapolis - Indianapolis

September 6th - San Marino & Riviera di Rimini - Misano

September 20th - Hungary - Balaton

October 4th - Portugal - Estoril

October 18th - Australia - Phillip Island

October 25th - Malaysia - Sepang

November 8th - Valencia Ricardo Tormo - Valencia

*Evening Race

We gave UBC up years ago, please join us, UBC is totally useless on sport you would do better on live up date via yahoo or foxsport update, I kid you not. :o:D

Tell me more!

I actually found the original UBC Gold package (1,500 baht pcm) was great for soccer loving customers but we've also built up a good clientel of "petrol heads" who like to use us for the F1 and MotoGP.

Moto GP from Quatar, starts midnight Sunday, 125/250/motogp, all races shown live till 4 am,

UBC Gold, channel 64 ESPN.

Nothing wrong with UBCs coverage of Moto GP, F1, and A1 gp,

Enjoy it,

Where d'you get that info Lickey? All I saw on their website was what I copied and pasted in the OP..... yes, I saw it was UBC Gold, yes, I saw the "main race" was advertised as starting at midnight and yes, I saw it was on channel 64 but cannot find any other info anywhere ref it being the normal 4 hour programme. I hope you are right!

I'm still a wee bit sceptical as the MotoGP is advertised as an evening race. However, Qatar being only 4 hours behind Thailand, that means they've got Rossi et al hanging around till 10 at night before the off?

Moto GP from Quatar, starts midnight Sunday, 125/250/motogp, all races shown live till 4 am,

UBC Gold, channel 64 ESPN.

Nothing wrong with UBCs coverage of Moto GP, F1, and A1 gp,

Enjoy it,

Hmmm, it appears you may be correct....... this is what the Losail Circuit local time-line has:

125 RAC20:00250 RAC21:15MotoGP RAC23:00

In which case my apologies to UBC........... but I wish their info was a lot clearer!

Hi Ace, you have UBC gold, on the remote press tv guide, go to channel 64, and just keep pressing the right arrow, it will give info about 6/7 days in advance, the Moto GP starts about 3am, but the whole program starts at midnight Sunday, its a night time race, it was stated last year that there were enough lights to illuminate a road from Quatar to Moscow, what a waste !!!

Ace Cafe London, went there a couple of times in the late 60s early 70s on my Tiger 110, great all day brekkie, even tried the music race, shilling in the juke box, up to the next roundabout on the north circular and back before the music stopped, no chance!! but a bit of fun,

Cheers, Lickey..

Don't know what you're on about Ace... True's coverage of MotoGP has been great (although <deleted> for WSBK). Premier (True's TV Guide magazine) shows full coverage starting at 23:57... If you hook up your internet computer you can give you customers all free practice and qualifying from www.justin.tv/azoto as well...

Yes yes yes, I know! I've already said I probably jumped the gun and I've already apologised! And I know UBC has previously provided great coverage of the MotoGP. My whole point was that their information on their website (we rarely get the magazine delivered) for this years MotoGP is not as comprehensive as previous years as it just stated "MAIN RACE" and no info on the 125's and 250's, prompting my post!

Enough already! Mods you may close the thread if you wish!

I had UBC a few years ago and I watched every race of Motogp, this year I have Astro and they will show all the races too...

I was up till 3.40 am and then they cancelled the race... 4 laps of the 250s, 13 laps of 125s and they almost got started with the big bikes (I could see them)...

The commentators were talking about the race starting at 6.30pm local time today, so I guess I will watch today as well. Check the MOTOGP.com site for more information...

I think that Stoner and Rossi could have a good going at eachother yesterday.... I cant wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Argh True usually show MotoGP on ESPN, now for Jerez its on Star Sports with Thai commentary <deleted>? while the video is chopped back to 4:3 and the quality is as poor as the quality from phone camera, removing english commentary is really taking the piss.