Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Songkran Starts

Greenside

Actually, on my way into town this afternoon (to purchase some holiday reading from your establishment UG) I was got through my car window twice and I saw some kids near Spicey giving passing motorcyclists a squirt from the safety of their Dad's shopfront.

As far as I'm concerned it started two weeks ago when the malls started playing that horrible ching ching music.

At least in the west when they play those incessant Christmas songs, they don't all have jingle bells in them.

I hate songkran by the way, can you tell?

I was riding my bicycle and walking around all day and did not see anyone throwing water. To me, it starts when you can not walk a block without somebody squirting you, not when a few oddballs decide to try it on. I'm pretty sure it will be up to that point by tomorrow afternoon.

It started a week ago, up in Fang, I believe the kids there think it ought to be a 2-week-long festival ! :o

The Songkran party is already in full swing in the provinces. I just got back from Tha Thon (near Fang) yesterday and they were celebrating big time on the river there. Lots of seating areas arranged on the river similar to Hao Tung Tao and revellers floating down the river on huge tyre innertubes and rafts, great fun.

Take lots of photos and post them here, gang. Just make sure you are using a waterproof camera like the ones made by Pentax or Olympus. Although I won't be there in person I still will be there in thought. Have a good and safe time.