Did The Red Shirts Make Progress This Week?

kenai

Did Red Shirts make progress this week ?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious how everyone feels about the over-all performance of the Reds this week.

I for one thought they did a good job keeping things fairly organized and did put pressure on the government.

There has not been allot of violence by them or the government considering the size of rallies, they got considerable attention locally, nationally and here on TV - a goal no doubt for any protest.

They never achieved the numbers they claimed they would, they didn't get any demands met, they caused considerable traffic problems in BKK.

I am biased for the Reds , but I'm trying to stand back the best I can -

I'm l giving them a thumbs up for the week. It was more then I expected, and the lack of violence is a big plus for them.

I am viewing the situation from afar but with a keen interest as I'm due back in Thailand early next month. From what I see and read virtually the entir enation is sick to death with protests of any colour disrupting the lives and livelyhoods of ordinary people. Let's face facts, the people of Thailand just want to get on with their lives without hassle and, to a very large extent, it matters very little who is in government. They all have the same goals (putting food on the table), dreams (winning the lottery) and aspirations (giving their kids a good start in life) and politics doesn't even come in the top 100.

Anyway back to the question. Undoubtedly, in my mind, the reds have lost the momentum. They'll get back home for Songkran and then it will be very difficult to motivate them to get back to the protest. Songkran will have cost them money and there will be pressure from families to quit this stupid shennanigans and get back to work earning a crust. On top of that there is good old inertia. We all encounter that when we embark on any venture, we go hammer and thongs at it until lunch break and then it's tough to motivate ourselves to get going again.

Well that's my view. For sure the protests will continue after the holiday but basically they'll just fizzle out. Mai bpen rai will overcome revolutionary zeal in Thailand any day.

:o

I said No...but I admit they did get a lot of publicity this week.

And they did show how to shut down Bangkok, if only for one day.

Not sure if that is a plus or a minus however.

Actually I think we will see tomorrow how serious they are. If they continue their attempt to disrupt the ASEAN summit, then they will be serious. If they all take off for Songkran, they might never return with any effective protests.

So, I guess I'll say No....but we will see after Songkran.

:D:D

And they did show how to shut down Bangkok, if only for one day.

Allow me to adjust this to "tried to shut down Bangkok and didn't succeed"

They've lost the battle. Ordinary people are fed up with protests of any color!

Moving withing my Soi I can hear that from almost all the Thais.

They want a peaceful and a prosperous life but not a bunch of colored idiots whom the most even don't know

what their protest is all about. I am neither red green yellow, blue, Thai nor a friend of "Mark".

I am a foreigner who is like the Thai majority fed up with this stupidity in times where a country needs a strong leadership and government to solve

the economical problems of the entire nation and not a government who will solve the economical problems of one man in hiding. Period

/edit for typing errors

Edited by webfact

My Humble opinion, NO progress more like making a mess, with all the traffic jams, trashing the street, attacking the PM, yet again put Thailand in the NEGATIVE spot light of the world with the up coming ASEAN meeting in Pattaya, progress I don't think so, over to y"all :o:D

they had the PM by the goolies and gave a good hard squeeze.

they know what works and what doesnt, they know how to do it, they know they can do it, and they know what still needs to be done.

their negotiation position is now quite strong, if they decide to go this route.

expect some harder squeezing soon

Edited by mc2