State Of Emergency In Pattaya, Chon Buri

george

Also now that the red shirts did get so called "violent", and did threaten the security of foreign state leaders,government.army has the right to use all force needed to ensure safety and order in the country-ie use guns which is now justified.
exactly, this situation should give Abhisit government to take tough action, beat them down, tear gas or whatever, we are talking about the safety of foreign leader is no joking matter, this is not the government house that red shirt are messing with.

but instead nothing is being done, i feel sorry for Abhisit government right now, get some balls for got sake.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Govt announces state of emergency in Pattaya, Chon Buri

ASEAN SUMMIT CANCELLED, STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED IN RESORT CITY

<snip>

At 7 am, about 100 red-shirted protesters and 30 taxis blocked the exit of Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel to try to prevent the Chinese prime minister, Japanese prime minister and South Korean president to leave for a summit with Asean leaders.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Wonder if these countries or others now will also block Khun Taksin from entry or leaving should he be there :o

Could that be the 'Hidden Agenda'? :D

One would expect load condemation coming anon.

Your truly, saddened by what happend :D for Thailand

Kan Win :D

I just can't believe how incredibly selfish this small group of people have been. The whole purpose of this summit was to develop economic stimulus packages to help literally billions of piss poor people around the Asia pacific region during this economic downturn.

They obviously feel their quest is more important than the millions of unemployed, sick and hungry who may have benefited from this summit in someway. A true democratic value if ever their was one.

Just so they could get 'their victory' millions will now have to wait for a new summit to be arranged (when all the leaders have a free slot in their schedule) and then once an agreement has been made, wait for the benefits if the deal to trickle down to them.

In my many years here I've always kept put of Thai politics as my friends say foreigners should keep out of Thai politics - but here the red shirts are involving foriegners in thier dirty political dance.

Selfish, selfish little s**ts

Hehe.actually to cry would be better.Nothing to hehe about.Your soooo rit,! But, (butt) thats how it is,.

Abhisit - sorry, but your hopeless.

Every one has a right to protest, but within the law.

Where are the cops ? Stupid question really.

I'll tell you what amazes me; having lived in Pattaya for almost 18 years: for us residents, it as been extremely tedious moving around the city for things like shopping, business-meetings etc. At every entry-point into the down-town area, there are heavily manned police-posts and visible barricades, ready to be deployed at a moment's notice, obviously. So for the normal populace, movement within the core of Pattaya was very difficult UNLESS you were wearing a red-shirt . . . . . it seems a bit like Sesame Open, because these 'Red's' were free to go anywhere. This puzzles me and I am just wondering what the actual strategy (if any) was/is here in Pattaya.

Sawasdee-Phimai to one and all . . . . .

JGK/Pattaya

Edited by jaapfries

AWESOME (not)! Thailand made the news headlines again!

I'm sure this will remind lots of travelers to visit Thailand. I mean its important to be present in international media at all cost. Maybe a war with Cambodia would be a good campaign. TAT should really consider this to attract even more families and mercenaries to Thailand....

Sad to see what some morons in whatever colored shirt can do to a country.

Interesting. A brief snippet from Thanong's blog:

"Rumours have it that the coalition partners might want Abhisit out soon. The candidate to replace Abhisit is Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, the interior minister. The Phumjai Thai Party under Newin Chidchob now backs Gen Prawit."

I think everyone should band together as we are people of thailand, maybe not Thai, but all of us are from all parts of the world.

We don't have to criticize other countries... coz we are not living there, pretty much...

but really if we live in this country, and its killing itself over stupidity, then our voices maybe can be heard as a population that belongs to this community. So instead of joining a red, yellow and now blue way... we should voice our reasons and it would be nice if these ... would try to see the benefits of all the countries contributions to this society..

If Thailand gets too screwed up I simply move. If the majority of Thai people do not act to stop this stupidity or do not voice their opinion why should I try to protect a country from committing suicide?

It's sad to see but "second class humans" aka farangs like us do not have to fight for a better Thailand the Thai people would have to.

Well in Austria it is well known and the news are on the front page of the newspapers. but people anyhow just see it as Banana Republic and thailand just proofed that it is true.

No that was proofed a little while ago when a yellow shirted mob seized the international airport.Today's events compound the impression.

No, look at the last 60 years.....it was always...with a few brakes.....how many coups and new constitutions???

OMG - how utterly embarrassing.

Losing face in front of your neighbours etc.

Now then..........there is going to be SIGNIFICANT fall out from this, and rather than Abisit shooting himself in the foot, i think this could be Taksin shooting himself in the foot.

The Government wont take this lying down.

I foresee an immediate revocation of Taksin's Thai passport which will keep him in one country. Then they will actually actively seek to extradite him, as opposed to just talking about it.

And then the real bloodbath begins. But at least it will the final chapter instead of just carrying on forever.

This is not a good day which ever way you look at it.

What a tin-pot country!

I was watching the Thai news and they were interviewing Chinese and other guests at the Summit and some of the people being interviewed made comments like "I can't believe how weak the government is here." This day has been a total embarrassment to this country. In any other country in the world, those protesters would not have been able to get within 300 meters of the front of the hotel.

This much is clear, Abhisit has no control and the interested parties, both domestically and internationally, have known this for sometime.

Other nations in the region are trying to have serious dialogue and he has just not been a player in the conversation.

He was overlooked and ignored during the G20 and rightly so. If people can agree on one thing, it has to be that Abhisit is not the right man to represent "brand Thailand."

Which is worse for Thailand in the context of the current set of regional and global issues, Abhisit staying in power or the reds winning and forcing him out?

I just can't believe how incredibly selfish this small group of people have been. The whole purpose of this summit was to develop economic stimulus packages to help literally billions of piss poor people around the Asia pacific region during this economic downturn...

Selfish, selfish little s**ts

Not selfish as much as willing to be brainwashed and believe it. Un-Educated and Un-willing to think for themselves.

You can't call them selfish when they haven't even turned on their brains, can you?

I'll tell you what amazes me; having lived in Pattaya for almost 18 years: for us residents, it as been extremely tedious moving around the city for things like shopping, business-meetings etc. At every entry-point into the down-town area, there are heavily manned police-posts and visible barricades, ready to be deployed at a moment's notice, obviously. So for the normal populace, movement within the core of Pattaya was very difficult UNLESS you were wearing a red-shirt . . . . . it seems a bit like Sesame Open, because these 'Red's' were free to go anywhere. This puzzles me and I am just wondering what the actual strategy (if any) was/is here in Pattaya.

JGK/Pattaya

that's interesting. That brings a new light on this.....Seems almost like it happened with purpose.

Now then..........there is going to be SIGNIFICANT fall out from this, and rather than Abisit shooting himself in the foot, i think this could be Taksin shooting himself in the foot.

I foresee an immediate revocation of Taksin's Thai passport which will keep him in one country. Then they will actually actively seek to extradite him, as opposed to just talking about it.

And then the real bloodbath begins. But at least it will the final chapter instead of just carrying on forever.

What a tin-pot country!

thaskin has multiple citizenships.

good luck extraditing him.

This much is clear, Abhisit has no control and the interested parties, both domestically and internationally, have known this for sometime.

Other nations in the region are trying to have serious dialogue and he has just not been a player in the conversation.

He was overlooked and ignored during the G20 and rightly so. If people can agree on one thing, it has to be that Abhisit is not the right man to represent "brand Thailand."

Which is worse for Thailand in the context of the current set of regional and global issues, Abhisit staying in power or the reds winning and forcing him out?

Well the red winning is worse. Abhisit might be a nice guy (I almost wrote girl) but he can't control it at the moment.....Maybe Chuan would be a better choice. (Chuan also was against moving it to Pattaya)

^ Well Bonobo, you know I don't think this is the place to come riding in here on the 'high' American horse & wave top end statements around about nobody in the USA knowing where Thailand is. Its more like everyone knows where America is, now if only we could find another planet to send them to.

This poster has led with the chin, now hes going to get knocked out, its the way it works.

Neverdie,

I am not riding high on an "American horse". I personally do not like my own government and I dispised the Bush regime. You show your ignorance by making assumptions about me when you know virtually nothing about me. You sound as though your hate the US and, thus, vented on me. You are entitled to your opinion about the USA, but you assume wrongly about me. I was using the USA as an example because I am from the US. Next time I will use India as an example. OK? Sorry for getting your panties in an uproar.

***off topic posts have been deleted***

Interesting. A brief snippet from Thanong's blog:

"Rumours have it that the coalition partners might want Abhisit out soon. The candidate to replace Abhisit is Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, the interior minister. The Phumjai Thai Party under Newin Chidchob now backs Gen Prawit."

Abhisit's democratic let them demonstrate has backfired disastrously on him. Prawit is I think actually defence minister. The next PM will move to break the reds. We may even see martial law.

If one were being cynical one could argue that Abhisit was set up to fail to create room for something more severe. What the reds did today will create a backlash against them creating room for those that want to crush them to do so if they choose.

This is now moving into a violent phase imho. The reds are being seen as republicans and we can guess where that will go.

What a tin-pot country!

i hope he is not crossing the poipet-aranyaprathet border while the reds are messing up the ASEAN summit in pattaya. well, let's see, i have a feeling that there's every reason to all of these incidents and there's something in the background that will emerge later on when the time is right.

JGK/Pattaya

What u 2 say was the first thing on my mind.Should NOT b the biggest task to secure that meeting.This stinks!but,again, thats how it is ,are,was,n will b! Hope thee fon tok flood the country a couple of days. :o

What a tin-pot country!

i hope he is not crossing the poipet-aranyaprathet border while the reds are messing up the ASEAN summit in pattaya. well, let's see, i have a feeling that there's every reason to all of these incidents and there's something in the background that will emerge later on when the time is right.

extraditing is also a question of money, no matter what passport.

I have stated several times in the past 3 months, NOW is NOT the time to dissolve the house and call elections. This would in effect leave Thailand without a rudder for 3 to 4 months, right in the midst of the largest global economic crisis since the great depression.

I NOW REVERSE MY POSITION: Call elections, NOW. This would pitt Mr Chalerm against Mr Abhisit and if the people truly want proud father Mr Chalerm and his nefarious associates to rule on behalf of Mr Thaksin via his telephoned instructions, so be it (at least until they can manage to change the constitution to do away with pesky vote-fraud and free up Mr Thaksin and unfreeze his 76 billion and return his banned 111 comrades, you know, typical TRT/PPP/PTP TOP priorities for Thailand;)

The accumulated cost in merely lost tourism over red/yellow fiascos ultimately caused by Mr Thaksin (aka THE VICTIM) is now estimated at over 200 BILLION baht. This is more than DOUBLE the amount Mr Thaksin is partly waging his battle over.

It's simply NOT worth the ongoing cost to Thailand for the sake of ONE man's funded crusade for a return to 'HIS' democracy. He will NOT stop. NO price is too high for Mr Thaksin, not even the cost of a nation he covets to 'own'.

PLUS, this would put the elections well past Mr Thaksin's court date for his frozen 76 billion approx 6 weeks from now. Thus, CALL HIS BLUFF and call elections! (and expect to see a rapid change in red-stance to 'We now want negotiations, not elections'...)

PLUS, with the unholy 'former friends of Thaksin' Newin faction now on the Dems side (well, their OWN self-serving side as always;) the Govt would get half the NE in a slam-dunk. Add in the fact MOST in the silent colourless majority are now rightfully seething red inside given recent events, thus Puea Thai/Thaksin would likely get routed regardless. The silent MAJORITY know all this sh*t is caused by ONE man and the majority are fed up with Mr Thaksin's all out war for 'HIS' democracy.

Call elections, NOW. :o

Edited by baht&sold

Press conference of Abhisit

Emergency law lifted.

His one and only target now is restore law and order in Thailand

He'll consult with the responsible agencys...

No question from the reporters.

Well how about a piece of truth here. I was out jogging this morning and came across the main body of red shirted protesters. They were all carrying large sticks many with nails embedded in the butt end of them. I would have to say that its a stretch to say that any of them were here for peaceful purposes. Such a shame that Thailand has no laws that can be enforced which makes it very unsafe for all of us. If stick weilding louts can just walk around like that and the police just look at them and do nothing, what do you expect the whole world to think about thailand,

Press conference of Abhisit

Emergency law lifted.

His one and only target now is restore law and order in Thailand

He'll consult with the responsible agencys...

No question from the reporters.

No question attempted or no question allowed?

I think Abhisit is being cautious because, as in '76 and '92, it was crackdowns that lead to government collapses. If he reacts with force now, he might not be able to control the situation. A little patience won't hurt him. As many politicians are aware of, the attention span of the public is pretty short, he has time to sort this out.

"The statement claimed Suthep Tueksuban, Deputy Prime Minister, and Newin Chidchob, a Thai Rak Thai defect and a major influence of the current coalition, were responsible for organising the blue-shirted activities."

If the Deputy Prime Minister is organising mobs to deal with protesters rather than working with the police what hope is there ?

even in our democratic countries we would gun down this RED TERRORISTS !

Sure such demonstrators which just demolish reputation od a country you

have to categorice them as TERRORISTS !

And the GVT ?? not able to get save 1 resort for a meeting :-(((((((( !

Is this still a jungle - bushman country ??

Sad SAD sad !!

in a normal country they would NOT gun them down, but would use water canons, rubber bullets tear gas (not tear gas bombs). If done smart almost no harm is done.

well the water canons could be the closest the people of Pataya get to celebrating song kran this year........sadly.