Import Tax For Items Imported From China?

atelko

Hi there,

I would like to know if there will be charged any import taxes for items that will be imported from china.

I want to import some photography equipment and packaging materials and have no clue if there will be charged any import taxes for those catgeories and if so, how much it will be.

I thought China is also one of the ASEAN countries, but I think just some categories/items are free of import taxes within those states, am I right?

Can´t use the way of "hand luggage" or "put all stuff in your bag" in this case :o

If this is the wrong category, please move it to the correct directory..

Hope you guys can help me out with that.

Edited by atelko

China is not member of the association, well that's what it seems to say on the web site... Unless it is out of date and cr@p...

i checked that, too. but i got so many results on the web that they are a member of asean since 2004/2006(?).

so, let´s assume that it is not true what the web says ( that is common :o ) and china is not a member of asean:

how much would the import tax for te items be if imported from china?

couldn´t find those in the import index.

I believe its only tax free if the products are produced in an asean country. A product made in america then imported to china will still require import duties. Even if its free expext the thai customs to make problems because this is Thailand.

I believe its only tax free if the products are produced in an asean country. A product made in america then imported to china will still require import duties. Even if its free expext the thai customs to make problems because this is Thailand.

yes, this is the same what i heard when i was trying to get some infos.

i think the person you have to deal with at the custom wants to make you some problems even if it might be free of taxes to get some tea money.

does anyone know how much import tax would be for the needed items?

or if it might be exempted from taxes?

For starters, you can forget a freebie..

Thai Customs & Customs Departments around the World have different Duty Rates for different Commodoties, i don't know what the Duty would be on the Photographic stuff you menbtion, you may want to get in touch with the Thai version of a Customs Broker, in Bangkok, give them the Spec of what you want to import & then pray that they give you the correct Duty Rate of what you will be charged but don't bet on it...

I recently had a Friend who had a Baby, his Family in teh UK sent him some Baby Clothes via Fed Ex's Express service last week Saturday so it would arrive before Song Kran, on the Thursday he calls Fed Ex & it's on a Thai Customs Hold, he asks what the Hold up is to the reply " You must pay Duty " of which of course Fed Ex Thailand didn't inform him even though the Family paid extra for the Express option, he had to enquire himself..

Cut a long story short, Thai Customs want him to pay to the effect of 80% Duty on the Baby Clothes & the Shipment still is on hold now as teh Guy contemplates whether to send the Parcel back to the UK..

Disgraceful but just another story in Amazing Thailand..

for 80% import tax i would grab the stuff with me into the plane...

tried to get the tariff through the custom website, but the two categories havent been in the list.

wrote them an email, but did not receive any answer,yet.

hope i´ll find someone who can get me the correct rates.

so what about forgetting some money on the table. does that make them forget to pay tax or do the guys at the counter don´t care and have their tea money already in that duty price and grab their part afterwards?