State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

just saw live on TV the red mob killing a driver of a black car!

Live killing police don't do anything

Red-shirted protesters seize 2 armoured carriers at Paragon

Two armoured carriers came out of the Royal Thai Police head office but were quickly seized by red-shirted protesters in front of the Siam Paragon shopping mall.

Reporters saw the protesters forced soldiers to leave the carriers and seized them.

Several military trucks were spotted at several areas in Bangkok.

The Nation

WOT THE!?!?

What news is this on? I see only old stuff on the channels I am watching... What is the current most live news channel, guys?

Go ASTV! What they don't have themself they take from the other channels...But I am not on the TV at the moment so I am not sure for now

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1013713

BREAKING NEWS: Red Shirt Protesters Take Control of Tanks

UPDATE : 12 April 2009

Red shirt protesters who have been gathering in front of the National Police Office on Rama I Road have taken control of 2 tanks.

The soldiers who were driving the tanks said they were ordered by their superiors to bring out the tanks but their destination has not been disclosed.

The 2 tanks got stuck on the road under the Siam BTS station with the blockade of taxis by red shirt protesters. The protesters dragged out the soldiers in the tanks but did not harm them. The tanks remained parked on the road with the protesters sitting on them.

The group said they will return the tanks only when the army comes out to clarify for what purpose the tanks are brought out on the street.

Two armoured carriers came out of the Royal Thai Police head office but were quickly seized by red-shirted protesters in front of the Siam Paragon shopping mall.

Reporters saw the protesters forced soldiers to leave the carriers and seized them.

The Nation

WOT THE!?!?

What news is this on? I see only old stuff on the channels I am watching... What is the current most live news channel, guys?

Go ASTV! What they don't have themself they take from the other channels...But I am not on the TV at the moment so I am not sure for now

What channel is it on? Is it on UBC?

The connection for Dstation has been cut.

Not much news on the TV as such or radio.

There are definitely tanks in Bangkok but there are also road blocks in places .

My guess is the Democrats et al were far too complacent and the reds have an awful lot more support than was thought.

Somehow I don't think there is the willpower in the military to stop this but I don't know where the end point is.

All a bit messy at the top.

However well this is shown, I don't think anyone can now deny the connections between the various groups behing the present govt

Selfish bloody Farang all you can care about is your beer money how about he culture you know and love

This is a huge "lose face" to Thailand...but it seems Son kran is going on as usual....with alcohol,that was said to be banned for the festival.

Looking at the army in patayya allowing the Blues n Reds to run amok...well they made our young English new recruit coppers look positively ancient.

Why is the PM so Impotent to act and disperse these thugs.

The Police and Army just stand by and look on bemused by events...may as well not be there!!!

Imagine if our security services had allowed the recent G.20 Summit to be abandoned because of 200 thugs wanting to impose there will on matters.

GET A GRIP THAILAND..I THOUGHT THE UK WAS BAD...AND WHILE YOUR AT IT...DEVALUE THE BAHT TO SAY 60-65 BAHT...YOU MAY WELL SEE TOURISM COME BACK...OTHERWISE YOUR DOOMED.

This was predictable even after the coup in 2006.

Took longer than even I expected though.

This is what happens when the military and other institutions involve themselves in politics with the available media and communications in the 21st century.

One of the reasons this current government have stated clamping down severely on the internet and handing out ridiculously harsh punishments for offenders.

Thailand is finished on the global stage, and has been limping along since the coup, further wounded by airport shutdowns and a weak, military led government and judiciary.

All the skeletons have been coming out of the closet recently, and the warnings have been there for some time but most expats have buried their heads in the sand and ignored them.

Just saw on the Thai news two armoured vehicles being stopped by the red shirts in BKK. Soldiers appeared to have little option but to allow their vehicles to be taken or open fire on the crowd.

D-Station has stopped broadcasts about 15 minutes ago by order of the government.

Democracy and free speech, Abhisit style.

The government is fighting against a coup at the moment, so clear that the cut the coup-makers TV

Rather be under Abhisit than Chalerm and his pack of inbred mutants!

Soldiers appeared to have little option but to allow their vehicles to be taken or open fire on the crowd.

Run the bastards over. Simple.

Edited by jamesjdaly

Army Police & Civil Servents = Coulor Blue ????

Who the hel_l are the dudes in blue? They are intent on mixing it with the Reds so at a guess :o Pad paid heavies??

I saw the blue shirt people in Singapore newspaper.

They looked like ninja with head and face covered; Ninjas cover themselves so that they cannot be identified.

What is the purpose of the cover for the blue shirt? Anybody can guess it?

the BLUE shirts are being supported by the mayor of pattaya - some mafia influences here also -- mayor is son of kamnam pho - the big boss of chon buri - and who happens to be in hiding outside of the country due to pending court cases -- and of course the ex member from burirum - Newin -- they cover their faces as they are cowards - and worry about being indentified for shootings and what ever they are seen doing -- just a bunch of hired thugs - one paper refered to them as paid militia --- nuff said

Don't forget, the paid mafia can do a lot of things that you want :D All depends on how much money you got.

Will the bars be open at Nana.................

Well, that's the important question...

Given that it's not a school-night and the average English teacher is too retarded to operate a television, I'd imagine the place will be as busy, if not busier, than usual.

D-Station has stopped broadcasts about 15 minutes ago by order of the government.

Exactly and the rest of the TV channels show normal programming with the odd clip as I saw before on Ch9.... Surreal....

Edited by edwardmoulton

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...curity-official

Red-shirted protesters arrest PM security official

Ads by Google

OnetoBook by Sawadee.com

Hotel, tour and travelpackages at BTS Chidlom, Tel. 0-2674-5555

www.sawadee.com/

About 10 red-shirted protesters arrested a security official of the prime minister and dragged him to the rally stage at the Government House.

Maj Pakorn Sompas, suffered a wound on his right eyebrow and was handcuffed.

Pakorn asked Natthawut Saikua to free him from the handcuff but Natthawut refused and said the protesters had done the right thing to arrest Pakorn.

Pakorn, who appeared frightened, was detained by the protesters behind the stage.

The Nation

No body siezed tanks or armoured vehicles!!!!

Just saw the footage.... one guy laid down in front of the vehicle... and then the soldiers sat on the tank for about 2-3 minutes, while some red nut waved a flag in his face. The red nut then climbed aboard the tank, his mates followed, all the soldiers got up and stood around shaking hands.

The red protesters put red cloth in the hands of the soldiers and waved their arms around.

I don't know if siezed is the right word! They sat there doing nothing. More like, hey there red guy.... welcome aboard our green ass-kicking machine.... we won't stop you or even hide inside.....

.....................(how about a beer? Sanook mai?)

Welcome to the world of multi party democracy. Same as Proportional Representation - after elections - stalemate - followed by horse trading, followed by a coalition. Some people then change sides. No need to call an election but there is now a majority for the other lot.

It is called democracy. Ask the Italians.

A new election here will solve nothing. Thaksin gave the Reds a voice and now they won't shut up. If you want them to go back and plant rice then the existing coalition must try and incorporate their representatives into the governing coalition. Call it a National Govt if you like. But asking Thais to try and talk together to arrive at a compromise is lke asking the fox not to eat the chicken. Just watch any Thai soap.

I just love my job - Tour OPerator.

The Nation

WOT THE!?!?

Perhaps a State of Urgency could now be imposed as well???????

Abhisit should make an announcement very soon

no idea why he is taking his time.

the army seems divided, sympathetic to the reds, unwilling, plus the reds now have weapons and armored vehicles.

the police dont have numbers to stop the reds , we have an angry mob ,

Abhisit should say something to stop this mess

No body siezed tanks or armoured vehicles!!!!

Just saw the footage.... one guy laid down in front of the vehicle... and then the soldiers sat on the tank for about 2-3 minutes, while some red nut waved a flag in his face. The red nut then climbed aboard the tank, his mates followed, all the soldiers got up and stood around shaking hands.

The red protesters put red cloth in the hands of the soldiers and waved their arms around.

I don't know if siezed is the right word! They sat there doing nothing. More like, hey there red guy.... welcome aboard our green ass-kicking machine.... we won't stop you or even hide inside.....

.....................(how about a beer? Sanook mai?)

This from TOC: "The 2 tanks got stuck on the road under the Siam BTS station with the blockade of taxis by red shirt protesters. The protesters dragged out the soldiers in the tanks but did not harm them. The tanks remained parked on the road with the protesters sitting on them.

The group said they will return the tanks only when the army comes out to clarify for what purpose the tanks are brought out on the street."

is telling a different story