State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

We can fight back and forth all we want. In the end it comes down to this. Why is Abhisit afraid of holding elections if he's so sure that the majority wants him?

why should he hold elections?

he has the mandate of the senate.

he passed that test last month

there is no need to hold elections, it would be expensive, time consuming and unneccesary

there are much bigger fish to fry, like dealing with the global financial crisis.

by the time Thailand goes through another round of elections and all the ensuing infighting that brings with it, it will be too late to do anything to try to keep thailand afloat.

you may or may not get the leader or party you want in government but by the time it happens it won't matter, thailand will be bankrupt and knocking on its neighbours doors for handouts

let the current governement do waht thay can to deal with it

but as an aside how can you think that Thickskin can sort it out?

he cannot even take care of his own affairs

i mean why the <deleted> would you leave 76 billion baht behind exposed to a state seizure when you run away.

after he had swindled the Thai tax payer out of millions, and left a trail of not so secret alliances and front companies behind me that a third rate accountant could easily have discovered, if i were him, Thailand would be the last place i kept any of my money

there would not be a satang in the bank here nor any assets.

so why did toxin do that?

and why would you want a man who made so many glaring errors laundering his own money

to run a whole country?

he cannot even manage his own money

i certainly would not trust him to steer thailand out of this mess and with his financial record i fail to see how you could either.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread has gone amazingly quiet.

Im really impressed by the army this time. seems they are achieving their goals with amazing speed and very little blood being spilt.

Agreed. I think the red shirts were as surprised as anyone. In one day they took back all the streets and intersections. If the report that no one has died, is true, then they deserve praise for that fact. It could easily have been much much worse.

No NBT broadcast in 10 provinces

The NBT station in Khon Kaen province has stopped airing its programme as the Redshirted protesters in Khon Kaen rallied in front of NBT station and demanded the channel's blackout.

The protesters say that since the DTV has been blocked, the NBT should be stopped airing too.

The station director complies with the demand and as a result 10 provinces in the upper Northeast are now unable to watch the programme on NBT channel.

The protesters then moved to close the Mitraparb Road, causing the traffic congestion.

- THE NATION -

this thread has gone amazingly quiet.

Im really impressed by the army this time. seems they are achieving their goals with amazing speed and very little blood being spilt.

Agreed. I think the red shirts were as surprised as anyone. In one day they took back all the streets and intersections. If the report that no one has died, is true, then they deserve praise for that fact. It could easily have been much much worse.

'really impressed by the army' ~ Totally agree, I pray it is nearly over :o

Thaksin is on CNN right now, claiming that he doesn't understand why the UDD became so violent. He is getting his butt handed to him by a very aggressive CNN interviewer (yes, i am biased). I would imagine they will post the interview on CNN.com soon.

Great quote:

Interviewer said - "You were accused of widespread and wholesale corruption, why should the Thai people trust you?"

OMG!!! Chuan was found guilty of not declaring assets!!! Thats the worst kinda corruption, if you ask me! And then he goes protects and defends MP's in his party, my god! what kinda of PARTY leader is he!! evil evil!

assets for a farmers co-operative: something like 1 share he got as gift (or something similar) something without value.

Thaksin is on CNN right now, claiming that he doesn't understand why the UDD became so violent. He is getting his butt handed to him by a very aggressive CNN interviewer (yes, i am biased). I would imagine they will post the interview on CNN.com soon.

Great quote:

Interviewer said - "You were accused of widespread and wholesale corruption, why should the Thai people trust you?"

A really good interview. He could not answer the questions asked !

Made a good statement about coruption though He said that in Thailand "If an elephant dies you can not cover it with a lotus leaf"

Well thats how he got caught by trying to use a lotus leaf to cover his tracks.

AND Chuan really is a painter. As in "he paints pictures".

That single share had a value initially, but the co op went bust ages ago. He failed to disclose that he once received a gift of single share in a no-more-existing cooperative.

News updates in english extremely slow to feed through, Im back in melbourne now and watching internet feeds in thai but english languageupdates r hard to come across. Is government house confirmed taken back by the army??

have we lost the feed with the rest of the TV posters, the updates in this thread have come to a grinding halt

News updates in english extremely slow to feed through, Im back in melbourne now and watching internet feeds in thai but english languageupdates r hard to come across. Is government house confirmed taken back by the army??

have we lost the feed with the rest of the TV posters, the updates in this thread have come to a grinding halt

The pictures I saw on TNN 15 minutes ago should several company's of soldiers standing right at the government house Barricades, and reds sitting down passively in front of them (not all, but the angle was hard to see). I believe the government is planning to let them stay, but is planning to move through and relieve them of any weapons, etc? Stay tuned. Ill look for more up today, and flip more channels.

Thaksin on CNN came across very very poorly, and the CNN interviewer (that hot Indian girl) absolutely owned him on many forceful questions. (again, my opinion)

OMG!!! Chuan was found guilty of not declaring assets!!! Thats the worst kinda corruption, if you ask me! And then he goes protects and defends MP's in his party, my god! what kinda of PARTY leader is he!! evil evil!

assets for a farmers co-operative: something like 1 share he got as gift (or something similar) something without value.

Sorry, i was being very sarcastic! I respect Khun Chuan!

Some posters seems suspiciously absent... The ones who first said there were only a handful of reds.. The ones who then said they'd just go home to their Lao Khao for Songkran.. The silence is deafening.

Congratulations. Your red shirts are more violent and and deranged than most thought possible. :o

The 4am crackdown on Din Daeng intersection has shown that the army and police are behind the PM. Today would be a good day to stay home, for all those of you in and around Bangkok.

Stay safe everyone.

The 4am crackdown and injuring civilians might be all part of the larger plan.

Anyone who knows Thai's knows they will not accept the Army using force against civilians.

This action will now lead to more people joining the reds, more protests across the country.

The Army appear to be doing nothing.

The police appear on the reds side.

This is just "livening up things" to get the situation out of control, at which point the Red supporting Army side can stage a coup, which may lead to some gun battles against the Yellow supporting Army side. This is one likely scenario.

The government is now out of control of the country - the promised quick action at 5:20pm yesterday - but nothing happened.

Abhisit and the Democrats have blood on their hands, and Thais will never accept that. No government has ever used force and survived.ry

Vert interesting day today - could see the country paralysed by the reds.

Certainly the little bit of Din Daeng action today will have made many hundreds of thousands now move into the red camp.

Think Thai, not Farang.

I think its time that you step back in reality and stop fantasising or dream the impossible dream.

Alleman is not fantasizing, this government will fall, and it won't be long in doing so. The sympathy the government is getting on this forum is evidence of how out of touch many farangs are with events here.

Great quote:

HAHAHA Good one, so now that army is about to squash the violent retards-and he is to be charged with treason along other many many charges, he is now again playing the "victim"

Typical of this men! and people want to follow him?, i only hope the ones charged and arrested will go after him to get him to pay their legal fees

Great quote:

HAHAHA Good one, so now that army is about to squash the violent retards-and he is to be charged with treason along other many many charges, he is now again playing the "victim"

Typical of this men! and people want to follow him?, i only hope the ones charged and arrested will go after him to get him to pay their legal fees

I'm so waiting for this to be available online... :o

The pictures I saw on TNN 15 minutes ago should several company's of soldiers standing right at the government house Barricades, and reds sitting down passively in front of them (not all, but the angle was hard to see). I believe the government is planning to let them stay, but is planning to move through and relieve them of any weapons, etc? Stay tuned. Ill look for more up today, and flip more channels.

Thaksin on CNN came across very very poorly, and the CNN interviewer (that hot Indian girl) absolutely owned him on many forceful questions. (again, my opinion)

Thaksin Also said that they came to Pattaya with only their bare hands (fogot to say thy had big sticks in them!!!

post-80872-1239622461_thumb.jpg

Alleman is not fantasizing, this government will fall, and it won't be long in doing so. The sympathy the government is getting on this forum is evidence of how out of touch many farangs are with events here.

On the contrary, the government now look to be in complete control. The army are securing bangkok quickly and there is 4000 protesters left at GH. The public of Bangkok have been cheering on the troops as they cleared red's out of intersections. The red leader, Thaksin was just on CNN and was shot down in flames by the interviewer. He looks weak and pathetic. Abhisit looks strong and in control.

The pictures I have seen of regional red shirt protests show in some cases, a couple of dozen fools standing around a guy with a microphone, with nobody paying them any attention.

Local residents at Yommaraj, Nang Lerng intersections battle red-shirts

The Nation

About 500 local residents near the Yommaraj Intersection gathered to confront the red-shirted protesters after they set fires on roads.

They clashed with the protesters after they protesters refused to put out the blazes they set to things used as barricades.

Meanwhile, vendors and local residents near the Nang Lerng Market gathered to form line to guard their properties and shouted at the red-shirted protesters.

They shooed away the protesters who threatened to slam their motorcycles at the local residents.

This shows how out of touch the red's are, the locals can't stand them

The Nation

About 500 local residents near the Yommaraj Intersection gathered to confront the red-shirted protesters after they set fires on roads.

They clashed with the protesters after they protesters refused to put out the blazes they set to things used as barricades.

Meanwhile, vendors and local residents near the Nang Lerng Market gathered to form line to guard their properties and shouted at the red-shirted protesters.

They shooed away the protesters who threatened to slam their motorcycles at the local residents.

The Chinese community are by and large yellow-shirt supporters, and those two areas are predominantly Thai-Chinese. They are locals, but by no means representative of all locals. That shows how much you know about what is going on.

Great quote:

Typical not to post Mr. Thaksin's answer.. Which was quite obviously that he was ousted in a military coup, then the junta changed the constitution and other laws and presided over the corrupt courts pursuing drummed up political charges.. Honestly I think we can all agree that those courts have no legitimacy; the international community at least agrees. Thaksin simply could not get a fair trial under current circumstances.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The Nation

The Chinese community are by and large yellow-shirt supporters, and those two areas are predominantly Thai-Chinese. They are locals, but by no means representative of all locals. That shows how much you know about what is going on.

They are definatly representertive of the locals there mate!!!!

I never said they represent all locals. But the reds are pretty stupid arent they then, to pull stunts like that in as you put it, communities of yellow shirt supporters. Do they know this already, or are they the same as me and as you say, don't know what is going on

Ok guys I am just back from the clearing by the militairy of Din Daeng and the gasstruck I shot some very nice pictures. I will upload them later. I am rushing back now that I cleared the camera to go and shoot some more pictures. Will be doing a report tonight!

The Din Daeng people near the flats were cheering the military on and asked them to go kill the reds for threathening their homes.

At the other side at Pracha Songkhro road they were bombarding the military with stones and what not all. I had to duck for cover. The military didn't do anything though. Just cleared the barricades on Pracha Songkhro and left the reds standing and retreated.

Waerth

Irrespective of what he(Thaksin) will cry now, or what anyone thinks, along with treason, he should be charged with conspiracy to commit (murder/crime) along with other few criminal charges(which for some reason i can not recall at this moment)

A simple proof is-Did anyone see or hear him calling on red shirts to stop the blood shed? to stop the violence? to stop destruction of public property? to stop attacking civilians? to stop attacking government members and employees of the government house? answer is NO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996241.stm

Page last updated at 10:24 GMT, Monday, 13 April 2009 11:24 UK

The Thai army has fought running battles with protesters in the capital Bangkok in a bid to end days of mass demonstrations and political chaos.

A BBC correspondent saw soldiers fire hundreds of live rounds, some into the crowds of protesters, in a bid to clear them from a major road junction.

The protesters reacted by hurling petrol bombs and driving buses they had commandeered at the lines of troops.

The armed forces chief vowed to restore order using "all possible means".

But weapons would be used only for self-defence and not "excessively", Gen Songkitti Jaggabatara said on national television.

The government has said it is taking measures to secure major ports and airports.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva declared a state of emergency on Sunday after the protests forced the cancellation of a major meeting of Asian leaders in the resort city of Pattaya.

The red-shirted protesters - many thousands of whom are camped outside Bangkok's Government House - have vowed to stay until Mr Abhisit resigns. ...............