State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Wife has just been reading over the (admittedly biased) manager.co.th forums. Very short summary:

* Abhisit's popularity has skyrocketed since yesterday. People seem to be very satisfied with the approach taken today to deal with the protesters.

* People in BKK furious with the complete lack of action by the cops against the red-shirts. Many posts along the lines of asking why they should pay their tax for this.

* Humour of it is a bit lost on me, but the double take after a mention of 500 baht cash in one of Thaksin's video phone-in's before it all hit the fan is a subject of a few laughs. Here's a

/edit - on second watch the video is ace! Would love somebody to confirm the translation :o

My sweet little lotus flower agrees :D What an idiot!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can acts of corruption be proven before a court verdict is delivered? :o

His most blatant act of corruption and the straw that broke the back of public opinion was not even illegal. He merely changed tax laws a couple of weeks prior to selling a portion of Thailand's telecom industry to Singapore and thus walked away with 70 billion Baht tax free. Nothing needs to be proven.

You mean like a certain Junta changed the rules so their own people could remain in power? By the same splithair paragraph law-bs that is used to justify the current situation also apply to that sale. As far as the law is concerned it was legal.

Wife has just been reading over the (admittedly biased) manager.co.th forums. Very short summary:

* Abhisit's popularity has skyrocketed since yesterday. People seem to be very satisfied with the approach taken today to deal with the protesters.

* People in BKK furious with the complete lack of action by the cops against the red-shirts. Many posts along the lines of asking why they should pay their tax for this.

* Humour of it is a bit lost on me, but the double take after a mention of 500 baht cash in one of Thaksin's video phone-in's before it all hit the fan is a subject of a few laughs. Here's a

/edit - on second watch the video is ace! Would love somebody to confirm the translation :o

TPI, does your little sweet lotus have any sweet little lotus sisters?:D

sorry, was trying to be funny and brighten up the mood in here :D

Yup! My wife just watched it and is in fits! She says the translation is perfect! I guess I can start calling him (it) Toxin now - I have to say, as of last night, I have removed all red shirt sympathies I had. I just wish that the Thai's would realise that all the politicians are doing is taking them for a ride, and abusing their loyalty. How very, very sad

I am just wondering so many replies here and no one thought of the fact that ANYONE who will buy a red t-shirt will be considered RED, then you can put the t-shirt and DO WHATEVER YOU WANT reds will be to blame, who knows exactly what's going on?

today in the evening onw woman lawyer whom I know who is red ( she couldn't kill a bug if she wanted to ) smsed that military is shooting real boolets, they are surrounded and not let out of the perimeter, they are afraid they are kept to be killed....

To be honest I don't believe in news or history books they are all written by people who have their own agenda.

you people don't think out of the box at all you are fed whatever is requiered and you take it as the truth.

Untill I got the sms from her I thought everything is calm finally... now I am worried.

Did the PAD have to face M16's yes or no?

Not that i can recall, then again they never rioted in the streets so there was never any reason for them to be threatened with M16's

Yes they did. Do you remember government attempt at the crack down on them with gas etc.

The difference is PAD did not attack civilians, nor did they break into banks, nor did they send in buses, not did they threaten to blow up LPG Tankers, nor did they physically harm any government member.

They were well organised and controlled and took the gas without responding, which in turn gave them more voice and more power to continue-because they were peaceful.

Ahh yes i forgot about the gas attack incident. Is that maybe why the police did not do anything, they only have those exploding chinese tear gas canisters and nothing else?

Not that i can recall, then again they never rioted in the streets so there was never any reason for them to be threatened with M16's

Yes they did. Do you remember government attempt at the crack down on them with gas etc.

The difference is PAD did not attack civilians, nor did they break into banks, nor did they send in buses, not did they threaten to blow up LPG Tankers, nor did they physically harm any government member.

They were well organised and controlled and took the gas without responding, which in turn gave them more voice and more power to continue-because they were peaceful.

As far as I remember PAD was fired upon a number of times by the reds , at least two PAD supporters were killed by the reds.

One red managed to blow himself up whilst handling a bomb.

This is priceless! Finally, he has said the truth about something.

As far as I remember PAD was fired upon a number of times by the reds , at least two PAD supporters were killed by the reds.

One red managed to blow himself up whilst handling a bomb.

"One red managed to blow himself up whilst handling a bomb." -- Once again shows the brain size of the reds. LOL

With this thick faced government, if 1 million reds could come to Government House to protest, they would not step down.

The reds had the right to defense themselves when soldiers shot them first.

Thai soldiers are only good to shoot people having no gun.

Koo, I think you start to be tired, that's why you lost the touch of reality and living in a virtual world.

... and I think there a few Cambodian soldiers who may take issue with Koo's last paragraph. Koo, give it up you are even more myopic than levelhead and rainman - at least you probably have the excuse of being Thai. There just is not public support for this red-farce (quite the opposite now) and tomorrow will see many Thai flags flying outside houses in Isaan as well as Bangkok. Rank and file Thais now seem to more bored, and offended, by the red shirts than they were with PAD.

Did all this happen before they were attacked with M16's or after?

So the PAD never caused any damage, injured or killed anybody at all?

cant confirm but I saw the original, if true I think its all over

i don't remember PAD burning any bus, or attacking the resident, killing one for that mater, i don't see PAD setting fire on the street, i didn't see they threaten other people live, actually they were threaten by other.

:o that's a good one, yup slip of the mouth, i hope its a joke or else he's a goner, this video will be play over and over.

Edited by chowder

like this news http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13/hea...es_30100485.php it said that they offered to those willing to stop protesting a ride to go home, but a woman who's there with reds now said that they are being held and not allowed to go out and no one allowed to go in, I know her she is not violent at all and never were, so I kind of trust what she said... feel worried to know the news tomorrow....

I do remember the police removing several bodies from the PAD-occupied Don Muang airport. Investigation concluded that the PAD most likely killed several of their own after fights in their own ranks.

So yes, the PAD just killed their own, not others, which is probably acceptable.

I don't see how the "crackdown" will make the protesters suddenly go home, though.

When I heard that Abhisit just declared "mission almost complete", I remembered the moment I saw on TV when Bush declared "mission complete" in Iraq.

Damaging few cars or computers can not be compared to a threat of LPG Tanker, or attacks on civilians in their homes, or terrorising cars driving past.

and once again, reds are attacking civilians in their homes. blocking roads to hospitals? did the leaders loose their mind completely? even in the wars hospitals are "no fly" zones, just not for reds

The PAD guards did return fire at the reds a number of times whilst they were under attack.

They never shot at police or army or any civilians.

like this news http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13/hea...es_30100485.php it said that they offered to those willing to stop protesting a ride to go home, but a woman who's there with reds now said that they are being held and not allowed to go out and no one allowed to go in, I know her she is not violent at all and never were, so I kind of trust what she said... feel worried to know the news tomorrow....

Did she say who's preventing her from leaving? From what we've now seen of the red shirts, I wouldn't put it past their own leaders to be physically preventing people from leaving. It wouldn't do their image any good to have people slinking away leaving only a few hard core thugs remaining.

Edited to add:I just saw this post further up the page too. How many times are you going to repeat it?

Edited by ballpoint

From TNN

The government have asked reporters to stay away from Government House.

DON'T YOU SEE YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH if you wake up tomorrow and all is quiet will you think how it was done?

and how will you know if what you see on TV is true? if no reporters are allowed near the place?

Did she say who's preventing her from leaving? From what we've now seen of the red shirts, I wouldn't put it past their own leaders to be physically preventing people from leaving. It wouldn't do their image any good to have people slinking away leaving only a few hard core thugs remaining.

she said they are surrounded by taharn and no one is let in or out it was at 9 pm she sent the sms. My mom is afraid to call her and talk to her because she thinks all involved somehow into it ( even me now ) will be punished...

to say the truth I am scared.... :o

Edited to add:

I did not repeat the post I went to read the news saying that everyone's allowed to go if they want but in reality ....

Edited by LazyCat

Damaging few cars or computers can not be compared to a threat of LPG Tanker, or attacks on civilians in their homes, or terrorising cars driving past.

What about storming the control tower of a major international airport with planes still in the sky?

Can that be compared?

so why is she there at the first place, crying foul now, trying asking the red leader if they can let her go
I do remember the police removing several bodies from the PAD-occupied Don Muang airport. Investigation concluded that the PAD most likely killed several of their own after fights in their own ranks.

So yes, the PAD just killed their own, not others, which is probably acceptable.

i must say you have some kind of imagination Edited by chowder

she said they are surrounded by taharn and no one is let in or out it was at 9 pm she sent the sms. My mom is afraid to call her and talk to her because she thinks all involved somehow into it ( even me now ) will be punished...

to say the truth I am scared.... :o

A couple of phrases come to mind "playing with fire......" is one.

The other phrase is "som nam nar" - there have been plenty of warnings/requests to go home (although I genuinely hope that no one else - or at least as few people as possible - is/are hurt)

What about storming the control tower of a major international airport with planes still in the sky?

Can that be compared?

Any casualties ? Any damage to the airport ? Any thefts from the taxfree ? Any disruption to airtraffic control ?

i must say you have some kind of imagination

Body found inside Dong Mueang Airport believed to be PAD guard

Deputy Police Commissioner-General Jongrak Juthanon said the unidentified man might be a PAD guard and killed by other PAD guards who hid the body there.

Its the right translation. This video is an instant classic! Epic fail Mr. Toxin.

Can that be compared?

NO

Do you want to reconsider that sensationalist assertion given the benefit of hindsight ?

Was it not more a case of a few people attempting to obtain Somchai's flight plan ?

Don't get me wrong, I was no fan of the PAD's activities and, despite getting an extra 6 days stay in Thailand, theire activities did little for the image of Thailand or the tourist trade. HOWEVER, I doubt that any lives were at risk and I noted how 'clean' the airport was left and how quickly operations were restored. Not sure I could predict the same result if the red shirts decided to park a few LPG tankers at Swampy.

Edited by Chaimai

i must say you have some kind of imagination

Body found inside Dong Mueang Airport believed to be PAD guard

Deputy Police Commissioner-General Jongrak Juthanon said the unidentified man might be a PAD guard and killed by other PAD guards who hid the body there.

might be ??

PAD guards were shot at by the red from a van on the xpressway , don't remember if anyone was hit.