george

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple to defuse:

arrest sondhi and chamlong,

Right!

When this will be done, the reds will not have any point to disturb daily life.

Unfortunately, Abhisit is just a puppet and will not have the guts.

He's English after all.

:-)

Not have the Guts English after all. Wonder where you come from.

People like you always want to put someone down.

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things. I have read your vitriol over the past few days about the ineptitude of everyone in this Country from the PM, army, police, farmers etc. In most countries this would have turned into a blood bath by now. Thank god for their "ineptitude". This is a day at the fair compared to your football hooligans every weekend back home. Thank god for the Thais and their culture which is what brought you all here in the first place. I dont imagine any of you packing your bags in a hurry to go find a better place to live. This country will never "go to the dogs" because people like most of you will keep coming here to live out your last sad old days as exchange rate studs. Some posters have called this country "a joke". Correction. The US administration and banking system is a joke. Other jokes included, Canada, Greenland, bolivia, Australia, Cambodia, Italy (Berlusconi/Taksin) Mexico and i have not even touched the middle east need i go on? Nothing would join the red and yellow shirts quicker than for them both to read the spit and scorn in these forums. Nothing joins two foes better than a common enemy. And yes you are right, When we turn nasty we will turn real nasty. Lets hope they are not looking at you. If you all have such disdain for this country's people and their ways then you know where the door is.

For the record. I was on one of those APV's this afternoon. The young soldiers did not want to fight their own people. We pulled them out and they were happy to join us. I am actually in some of the fotos posted above. None of the people i was talking to were getting paid. They were mums, dads, sisters, brothers, grandmothers and all they want is another election and they all said they will accept the outcome. A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. Maybe if the American people spoke louder in 2004 the world would not be the joke it is today. BUt they would have been teargassed and shot down by swat and branded for life as terrorists on the efficient CIA, NSA, FBI etc computer network. So which is the better Country to live in?

Edited by asean

Always knew they should have been colonised by the Brits and had some common sense and honesty knocked into them. You don;t get this sort of carry on in Singapore now do you?

i myself kind of wish the Brits had been colonized by the Americans to get some commn sense knocked into them...

Always knew they should have been colonised by the Brits and had some common sense and honesty knocked into them. You don;t get this sort of carry on in Singapore now do you?

I agree DragonFly. Iam not a Brit. However Iam sure if the Thais were colonized, they

would have alot more common sense :o . eg Malayasia,Singapore

Haha... yeah, and Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma. Common sense indeed!

Now let me see Cambodia and Vietnam chuck in Phillipines and Thailand were all American as for Burma they only went to bits when the American oil cartels moved in so where do the British come in. Hmm might be a message there.

Mac

Weren't Cambodia and Vietnam colonised by the French?

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things. I have read your vitriol over the past few days about the ineptitude of everyone in this Country from the PM, army, police, farmers etc. In most countries this would have turned into a blood bath by now. Thank god for their "ineptitude". This is a day at the fair compared to your football hooligans every weekend back home. Thank god for the Thais and their culture which is what brought you all here in the first place. I dont imagine any of you packing your bags in a hurry to go find a better place to live. This country will never "go to the dogs" because people like most of you will keep coming here to live out your last sad old days as exchange rate studs. Some posters have called this country "a joke". Correction. The US administration and banking system is a joke. Other jokes included, Canada, Greenland, bolivia, Australia, Cambodia, Italy (Berlusconi/Taksin) Mexico and i have not even touched the middle east need i go on? Nothing would join the red and yellow shirts quicker than for them both to read the spit and scorn in these forums. Nothing joins two foes better than a common enemy. And yes you are right, When we turn nasty we will turn real nasty. Lets hope they are not looking at you. If you all have such disdain for this country's people and their ways then you know where the door is.

For the record. I was on one of those APV's this afternoon. The young soldiers did not want to fight their own people. We pulled them out and they were happy to join us. I am actually in some of the fotos posted above. None of the people i was talking to were getting paid. They were mums, dads, sisters, brothers, grandmothers and all they want is another election and they all said they will accept the outcome. A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. Maybe if the American people spoke louder in 2004 the world would not be the joke it is today. BUt they would have been teargassed and shot down by swat and branded for life as terrorists on the efficient CIA, NSA, FBI etc computer network. So which is the better Country to live in?

I would agree with a lot of what you say, but the 'cause' still supports a psycho nut basket.

simple to defuse:

arrest sondhi and chamlong,

Right!

When this will be done, the reds will not have any point to disturb daily life.

Unfortunately, Abhisit is just a puppet and will not have the guts.

He's English after all.

:-)

they reported to the police at March 30. Now it goes to court and they get a trial.

Camlong was already arrested before and released on bail.

Both every reported to the police, so no worry that they jump bail and now the things are pending at court.

I agree DragonFly. Iam not a Brit. However Iam sure if the Thais were colonized, they

would have alot more common sense :o . eg Malayasia,Singapore

Haha... yeah, and Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma. Common sense indeed!

Now let me see Cambodia and Vietnam chuck in Phillipines and Thailand were all American as for Burma they only went to bits when the American oil cartels moved in so where do the British come in. Hmm might be a message there.

Mac

Weren't Cambodia and Vietnam colonised by the French?

And Burma by the British? Great success that was.

It seems to go from one extreem to another 1) Do nothing , 2) Send in Tanks

Crazy .

To be honest police are only good to get money from the drivers and they have no back bone to deal with this kind of situation. So here comes the army :o

Crazy .

To be honest police are only good to get money from the drivers and they have no back bone to deal with this kind of situation. So here comes the army :o

Lets see if they have the stomach for this one. I am not sure they do.

Note - at 36/7 seconds on first video how the security takes out an automatic weapon and fires into the air - then quickly conceals the weapon.

post-3770-1239543642_thumb.jpg

Kan Win :o

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things.

Asean - i agree with many of the things that you say. As a former soldier though, there are certain fundamental things that one has to do, however distasteful one may personally find them. For example, a hallmark of a civilized country is that law and order generally prevails over anarchy. When one has a MOBOCRACY then anarchy reigns and a civilized country cannot allow that. When the Police cannot cope, the Army gets called in and i'm sorry - the boys HAVE to follow orders and restore law and order.

I know they are poorly trained conscripts and 'dont want to fight there own people' but letting them take over an APC (Armoured Personnel Carrier) is not on. What if the guns were then turned on the Army by the red shirts?

As an APC driver, i know that all they needed to do was lock the hatches down. I noticed that the APC's had their periscopes fitted, which means that they can be driven with the hatches down. An unarmed civilian cannot and should not, be able to gain control of an APC.

The decision is not for the APC crew to make as to whether they want to fight or not.

They've been ordered to do a job and they need to do it. People on here spew vitriol, as you put it, because a country simply HAS to be able to control law and order. If it can't, then it can descend into anarchy. That's bad for everthing for the country. Including foreign investment.

Asean, you have looked at the big picture, but sometimes you need to look at the global picture.

Thailand being seen as an easy target for anyone with a large enough mob does not give foreign investors any confidence.

This whole episode is an embarrassment. In your heart, you know it is too.

If this was my country, i'd certainly be ashamed.

In much the same way i was ashamed when my country followed bush into the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Crazy .

I finally watched the BBC news. I was disgusted by the behavior I saw. I saw red shirted individuals venting anger and violent aggression toward, what appeared to be, the car of The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand. There was also a male with a shaved head, and orange robe depicting the appearance of a Buddhist monk, punching, kicking and also showing extreme aggression. These sights appalled me. I believe all Thai people will be branded as violent, aggressive, destructive, and lawless people who have no regard for civility or the position of their own Prime minister. There appeared absolutely no respect for this office or status. Another disgusting sight was how Thai police – dressing the part – i.e. crash helmets, shields, batons, merely stood idly by and watched these individuals. What do police in the Kingdom of Thailand do? Are there any laws which might be enforced? I dare not ask if there are any consequences for mis-behavior. I think I already know that answer. I feel sorry for the decent, law abiding, moral Thai people who will bear the scars of contempt by the “free world” as a result of their countrymen and the establishment(s) which are apparently self serving. I also feel sorry for all the devout Buddhists whose religion might be regarded differently as a result of seeing a monk display such behavior. Shame.

Who's Toxin? May as well get rid of Abhishit.

maybe you are not aware that at least Abhisit is legitimate as he came second in the elections and the winning party has been disbanded due to electoral fraud..... also i chalenge anyone here to show us of any closet skeleton, fraud, malfeasance or corruption directly liked to Abhisit at the contrary of the notorious bad deeds of the TRT, PPP, MAFIA that was in place before.....

the only mistake of the present government is to have let sondhi and chamlong free. have they prosecuted and jailed them , they could now act against the UDD mongoloids ruining the country.

But he didn't did he. Not only did he not have them arrested, one of them is in his cabinet! It's like saying that The Moors Murders's only mistake was killing all those children and we should overlook it.

He also chose to take the line of PAD that those against them were too stupid to vote and wanted to make Thailand a Rebublic. Both of which are un true.

Don't pity him. He should have bided his time and either got in through the front door without the aid of Newin and the Army backers.

They are not tanks, but APC's secondly the ones with the reds all over them, one is towing the other, they are just for road blocking. Quite right the troops are unarmed and without armed back up, what would you do?? Of course smile let the idiots jump up and down on the tin, 'cause they are not going anyway far with them, prob only got a few gallons of derv in the thing!

Wait till it gets dark, and the troops will get their own back....for sure, time to kick some butt, and break a few heads.

I'm very confused. What is the army supposed to be doing, celebrating with the reds?

They are not tanks, but APC's secondly the ones with the reds all over them, one is towing the other, they are just for road blocking. Quite right the troops are unarmed and without armed back up, what would you do?? Of course smile let the idiots jump up and down on the tin, 'cause they are not going anyway far with them, prob only got a few gallons of derv in the thing!

Wait till it gets dark, and the troops will get their own back....for sure, time to kick some butt, and break a few heads.

I'm very confused. What is the army supposed to be doing, celebrating with the reds?

What do you bloody think! The army is siding with the communists... Thaksin is back in Thailand and tomorrow he is going to fly in by helicopter and take over government house and throw a bloody good party for songkran

simple really... this dispute is between the few rich and corrupt in Thailand and all the other people

the retired and current military commanders are the main rich, the yellowshirts and the Democrat government are their agents

you are joking right????? seriously no one can be so gullible .....

Methinks its you SabaiBKK who is gullible - gullible and deluded in equal measure.

You and the unelected party you follow - the party with NO mandate from the people of Thailand to govern are rapidly losing this battle.

If Abhisit uses force against the Red shirts - it'll be his last act as Prime Minister before he resigns.

simple really... this dispute is between the few rich and corrupt in Thailand and all the other people

the retired and current military commanders are the main rich, the yellowshirts and the Democrat government are their agents

you are joking right????? seriously no one can be so gullible .....

Methinks its you SabaiBKK who is gullible - gullible and deluded in equal measure.

You and the unelected party you follow - the party with NO mandate from the people of Thailand to govern are rapidly losing this battle.

If Abhisit uses force against the Red shirts - it'll be his last act as Prime Minister before he resigns.

may as well slam the door on the way out as close it gently.....

Give em' a tank ride, they'll have fun and won't think this is an "us & them" scenario like the Chinese and Russians hope for. things will change when those tanks get to where they are going, and expect a bust up. This isn't going to be like when team yellow did their thing and we all know it.

Thaksin, this is your last "sucker punch", enjoy it while you can. After Songkran is up, they are going to clean your clock.

Thais inherently love one another, as it should be, no matter what anyone says, they know who they are, and even as divided as things are, the outside meddlers will never break this country apart.

Never.

Long Live Thailand!

I have to agree with most of what you say here. It certainly COULD be much worse if this were taking place in somewhere other than Thailand. I'm a little confused on one thing however. You seem to be pro-democracy, so surely you realize that Abhisit IS the democratically elected leader of Thailand at present. Elections which could change that fact will certainly come in due time, but it APPEARS that this current crisis is all about one mans sociopathic megalamania and ill regard for his fellow Thais, in quest of his looted fortune.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around.

I'm very sorry for people who might think that the red shirts are better than the yellow shirts..it's time for DEMOCRACY in this country. Time to stop any violence against the Prime Minister and a lot of innocent people. Not mentioning the problems in the North- East ( Kao Pha Wihaan) and many southern provinces. They'll have enough time to burn down schools and other nonsense now. And nobody would even hear what's going on in the South....( sorry, those who live there will know what's up). The American banking crisis is still on its way....but does anybody think about our kids' future? I doubt it. The press is not allowed to present news? Sounds like a horror story. Would they kill me ,if I'd make a story, or just put me in jail without water and rice? I feel so sad and it's the Thai New Year now. Some people might have forgotten that Rama 6 made the school system available 90 years ago....when the last tree has fallen people will realize that you can't eat money..or red shirts. Please for all who read this. Give PEACE a chnca now..not tomorrow. Now. Forgive them cause they don't know what they're doing, and I'm not Christian. Sawasdee bee mai khrap.......is that really the land of smiles? Or whys?

post-39518-1239547264_thumb.jpg

Actually both sides do have tanks now. The protestors have seized at least two, plus immobilized numerous vehicles from the army. Ther is always a rambo under the protestors who know how to operate machine guns which they seem to have taken too or a tank.

The problem is of course that this government is very very hypocrite. They try to let us believe that seizing the summit was worse than two weeks Bangkok airport seizure. NOBODY is in jail for the airport seizure Than you can expect that the other side copy the methods.

In the end it is entertaining TV because if crooks like Newin are allowed to play a role than this government has no legitimacy either.

And Toxin ain't a convicted felon? :o

Convicted by who?

He was tried and convicted by his political opponents - the Democratic Party/P.A.D. - it was in their interest to find him guilty - his trial was a foregone conclusion and now Thailand is reaping the seeds they have sown.

Lest we forget where Thaksin got his start. The needs of the poor must be addressed but their hero may prove to be another disaster for them. And for those who came here to do business foreigners with a business here should have second thoughts if he gains absolute control.

"William "Bill" L Monson is an American cable television businessman and the current President of Seattle-based Clearview International and Clearview Wireless and manager of Hawaii-based CTVC. In the 1980's, Monson was involved in the establishment of Video Link, a Thai cable television joint-venture between Clearview and Thaksin Shinawatra's Shinawatra Computer and Communications (today known as Shin Corporation) and International Broadcasting Company (IBC, today known as United Broadcasting Corporation). He engaged in a series of controversial court cases against Thaksin, who by that time had become Prime Minister of Thailand, during the height of the 2005-2006 Thailand political crisis. In 1989, he was accused of embezzling broadcasting equipment from the joint-venture. A court later acquitted him of the charges.

In 1995, he and four other plaintiffs filed breach of contract charges against Thaksin and 16 other defendants, the plaintiffs demanding 4.13 billion baht in compensation. In 2002, a court threw out the breach of contract charges after finding that the contract between Monson and Thaksin had never taken effect. The court ruled that the contract between Monson and CTVC of Hawaii (USA), on one side, and Thaksin, his wife, and Shinawatra Computer, on the other side, to set up Video Link Co Ltd was void from the beginning Monson's resignation from Video Link's board of directors voided the contract. The court ordered Monson and the plaintiffs to pay nearly 2 million baht in lawyers' fees for the defendants.[1]

Monson also filed a lawsuit claiming that Thaksin lied to a civil court during a trial on 22 July 1996 and demanded 6 billion baht in compensation. In September 2006, the court ruled that Monson had failed to bring Thaksin to court within the statute of limitations after filing the lawsuit. Monson defended his case by noting that "We never got to argue or look at the facts of the case. We lost this round based on a legal technicality."[2] A second charge of perjury against Thaksin was also dismissed.[3] Both cases are on appeal. Monson has won a Civil case over ownership of equipment in two lower courts and are awaiting a Supreme Court decision following resolution of the Criminal charges against Thaksin et al.

In addition Monson has filed a complaint with the Special Investigator looking into contracts involving MCOT and IBC.

In February 2007, Thaksin's wife requested that the Bank of Thailand allow her to transfer 400 million baht to the United Kingdom so that she could purchase a house. Thaksin had been living in exile, part of the time in London, since a military coup overthrew him in 19 September 2006. The central bank originally had no objection to the transfer, until Monson sent a latter to the central bank Governor. He claimed that the money transfer would jeopardise his legal cases against Thaksin, and threatened to hold the bank responsible for any damages he might incur. The Bank of Thailand then agreed to not permit the transfer.[4][5]"

Thaksin's Associates Face Criminal Complaint

A complaint was filed today with the Thai Supreme Court by Nataporn Toeprayoon, attorney for William L. Monson, a former business partner of Thaksin Shinawatra. The Supreme Court convicted Thaksin of corruption charges last week. Named in the Complaint are Chalerm Yubumrang, the Mass Communications Organization of Thailand (MCOT), its Board Members, International Broadcasting Corporation (IBC), now TrueVision, and others. The charges stem from a Cable TV contract granted illegally by MCOT to IBC in 1989. The concession became the base for Thaksin's telecommunications empire. Monson has fought a long legal battle with Thaksin and his companies in both Thai and US courts. Monson's company Clearview International Ltd., pioneered telecommunications in Asia in the 1980's. Starting in 1982 Clearview worked with MCOT to develop the framework to introduce the technology. In late 1985, when Thaksin was still a policeman, a joint venture between Monson's companies and Thaksin's (Shinawatra Computer and IBC) became the first Wireless Cable TV system to go on air in Asia. A government delay caused the partnership to be terminated with Thaksin's companies selling their interest to Monson's companies. Thaksin was paid to help clear the government blocks while Monson operated a company delivering CNN to Hotels in Bangkok. In mid 1988 Chalerm, Thaksin's friend and fellow policeman became the Minister overseeing MCOT and its Chairman of the Board. Later, Thaksin informed Monson that he was going to operate the Cable TV concession himself. When Monson asked about the contracts and payments from Clearview to Thaksin for the business, Thaksin's response was "This is Thailand". After Chalerm became the Minister overseeing MCOT he reversed MCOT approval of Clearview for the contract corrupting the process of granting the concession for Clearview's benefit. Police confiscated Monson's equipment and filed Criminal Charges against him and his staff. After 7 years the Supreme Court cleared them of all these charges. During this period it was extremely difficult for Monson to travel to and do business in Thailand. Civil courts have ruled that Monson's company owned the equipment. Thaksin's IBC received the concession using Monson's equipment and without bidding. When IBC went Public the value of the company in the Stock Market was $760,000,000 USD giving Thaksin the base for his future telecom empire. Monson claims losses of $4.5 billion USD dollars.

On December 1, 2008 the Court accepted the case and appointed the Counter Corruption Commission to investigate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_L_Monson

> blue-shirted, pro-government vigilantes arrived, armed with clubs, bricks and slingshots.

> Thaksin alleged these were police and soldiers in disguise, but Abhisit said the blue-shirts

> were just some people who "cared about the Summit!."

Lovely. Apparently some posts were deemed proper.................................................

nuff said?

Go Reds!!