Immigration Dept ... Always Expect The Un Expect

Just been to Pattaya Immigration to do my Extension of one year marriage visa , for the second Year

This is what the Immigration wanted us to give them...

A. Bank Pass book + 2 photocopys ( showing 400,000Baht or more )

B. Bank letter showing bank account amount + 2 photocopys

C. 2 X TM7 forms

D. 2 X passport photos of my self

E.Wifes ID + 2 Photocopys

F. 2 Photocopys of wifes house registration book

G. Original Marriage certificate + 2 Photocopys

H. 4 Photographs showing my self and wife together

I. 2 maps showing how to get to our house.

J. application fee of 1,900 Baht

K. Our Home telephone number.

all the photocopys had to be signed by us both, This amount of paper work etc was the same we had to show on our first year, So I asked the desk Immigration officer why is it necessary to show the same paper work in the second year as in the first, and will the Immigration be calling at our house to see us as they did in the first year..?

He said Bangkok had asked them to now collect the same paper work no mattar what year the application was, As for the immigration calling to see us he said he did not know , we then sat infront of the same officer as last year the only question he asked us this time was how much rent we pay for the house, ( this Officer was the same one who came to see us at our house last year ) I remember the first time we sat in front of Him , he seemed to be very Offical and not helpful at all, this time he greeted us with a smile, and how are you ..!!. I don't know if any one else has got the same feeling as myself, but the whole place seem's a bit more friendiler ...? The officer stamped my passport and I have to go back in one month's time.

It will be intresting to see if infact the Immigration do call to see us again, but as we all know when you get involved with the immigration department always expect the un expected !!!,

Just been to Pattaya Immigration to do my Extension of one year marriage visa , for the second Year

This is what the Immigration wanted us to give them...

A. Bank Pass book + 2 photocopys ( showing 400,000Baht or more )

B. Bank letter showing bank account amount + 2 photocopys

C. 2 X TM7 forms

D. 2 X passport photos of my self

E.Wifes ID + 2 Photocopys

F. 2 Photocopys of wifes house registration book

G. Original Marriage certificate + 2 Photocopys

H. 4  Photographs showing my self and wife together

I.  2  maps showing how to get to our house.

J. application fee of 1,900 Baht

K. Our Home telephone number.

all the photocopys had to be signed by us both, This amount of paper work etc was the same we had to show on our first year, So I asked the desk  Immigration officer why is it necessary to show the same paper work in the second year as in the first, and will the Immigration be calling at our house to see us as they did in the first year..?

He said  Bangkok had asked them to now collect the same paper work no mattar what year the application was, As for the immigration calling to see us he said he did not know , we then  sat infront of the same officer as last year the only question he asked us this time was how much rent we pay for the house, (  this Officer was the same one who came to see us at our house last year ) I remember the first time we sat in front of Him , he seemed to be very Offical and not helpful at all, this time he greeted us with a smile, and how are you ..!!. I don't know if any one else has got the same feeling as myself, but the whole place seem's a bit more friendiler ...? The officer stamped my passport and I have to go back in one month's time.

It will be intresting to see if infact the Immigration do call to see us again, but as we all know when you get involved with the immigration department always expect the un expected !!!,

Always. :o

Interesting as normally only documents that have changed have to be submitted again but as this is not hqs perhaps they want the chance to examine all together themselves and take work load off the sub office. It should speed the process up if close comparisons don't have to be made.

One thing is the signing of documents. Normally you sign a document that is yours - only wife would sign ID card and only you passport and both marriage certificate and a joint bank account. Not sure they were correct if you both had to sign each copy or if they have changed policy. Anyone else with recent experience?

Don't believe many will be prepared with new photos so that is handy to know - anyone else been asked for these on other than a first visit yet?

Thanks much for the report. At least it does support the view that as you get to know each other the tension will ease.

Last week had my Marriage Visa extension for the second time:same Office,in Udon,same immigration officials,the only thing they were interested was my bankbook and the amount of money deposited and spent the last year.

Ten minutes and had my stamp for aother full year,no need to wait for approval from Bangkok.The first time I had to wait for nearly 5 months and go back to immigration three times!This year I was lucky?! :o