If They Have A Coup, Will They Go Back To The 90 Days Out Of 180?

Marksamui

At least he didn't ask whether the bars would have to close early. :o

I don't care about the bars, but I do care about the ongoing changes to the vistors visa requirements! The old rule was a waste of time, and a pain in the arse. New rules are fine as I always fly in.

If you are in my situation with a Thai wife and son who frequently travel with me in and out of Thailand, any military rule and possible changes to who can enter and leave is a very serious concern.

I don't care about the bars, but I do care about the ongoing changes to the vistors visa requirements! The old rule was a waste of time, and a pain in the arse. New rules are fine as I always fly in.

If you are in my situation with a Thai wife and son who frequently travel with me in and out of Thailand, any military rule and possible changes to who can enter and leave is a very serious concern.

Why don't you get an O visa if you have a Thai wife?

I am going on Friday night and flying them out on Sunday morning.

After that what happens well happens and i will deal with it, with them from Singapore. Right now I am of course concerned about MY visa and possible travel restrictions if it means that I cannot get to my wife and son......

Anyone who has a problem with just don't bother replying, because I am not interested in your comments anyway.....

Why don't you get an O visa if you have a Thai wife?

I don't live in Thailand and travel once or twice a month for weekends only. The current rules suit me, don't have an advantage to get a visa. If things change then I will do this. I just hope they don't change this rule back as by and large it was unworkabe anyway.

What ever the rule is, couple of weekends a month in thailand is ok. Say you stay 7 days a month. Over 6 months period it makes less than 90 days stay.

I did not have any problems doing this when the 90 days in 180 days rule was enforced. They were not after guys doing weekend trips but trying to force those who stay permanently on 30 day stamps to get proper visas.