Do You Have Confidence In Pm Abhisit's Ability To Lead This Country Out Of Crisis?

thailandlover

Do you have confidence in PM Abhisit's abilities?   

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the latest crisis, do you have confidence in Abhisit's abilities to lead this country out of the current crisis?

Yes, he is doing a good job with what he is dealing with, these red shirts are worse the yellow shirts, remember just a few short months ago they, the red shirts, beat a yellow shirt to death in Udonthani. ARMY are you there, step up please. :o

I have no confidence that you ever gave him a chance winniethe kwai.

Personally, I think he has the intellect and ability to solve this problem but not so sure he has the power to do so.

Both those comments spot on.

Winnie the Kwai, like many of the other red supporters on this forum, closed their minds from the offset regarding Abhisit. They might pretend otherwise, but their haste to criticise no matter what he does, tells the true story. They are salivating at the thought of him failing and the country spiraling downwards because it will provide the perfect platform for the return of their hero.

On your second point, my fear too is that Abhisit doesn't have the complete support of certain influential figures, notably some in the police. To win this battle, he's going to need the full co-operation of all forces.

Absolutely zero confidence that he can do anything. He's been hopeless and a disgrace. Was willing to give him a chance, but he's really made his position impossible.

This coming from someone who judges political figures on their ability to provide clear communications to news agencies when being interviewed. :o

I hear Labour are seeking new advises, you would be ideal for the job in my view and I would be happy to write a recommendation for you.

He disqualified himself with the Asean summit episode in Pattaya

Pattaya is the beginning of the down fall of the red and the mob gang of t.

It is becoming so obvious with the audience from the rest of the world when they watch what the

reds are doing on TV.

If he's given the chance, then yes no doubt about it.

His performance in dealing with the reds was, is and always will be hampered by the perceived connection between his administration and the military. If he'd done what he should have, and his predessor did do, he would have ordered the army and police to bust a few heads, get some blood on the carpet. The protestors would have evaporated quicker that you could spend their 500 Baht in Pattaya. But that would have brought about worldwide condemnation and also given some credence to the mob and their thug in chief Thaksin. But he's letting the reds sow the seeds of their own demise by creating vast resentment amongst the ordinary people, he's given them just enough rope now all they have to do is stick their neck in the noose.

I have more sympathy for the reds than the yellows, but there is no way that they will be allowed to "win" this thing against the Army, the very wealthy and the most important institution in the country.

We better hope and pray that Abhisit can come to an agreement with Thaksin and the reds, or Thailand -and everyone who lives here - might have some VERY bad days ahead. Personally, I wish Abhisit the best of luck as he seems to be a good man in a very unfortunate position. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

abhisit has proved he has the balls to deal with this problem

let him get on with it now

after this barbaric display by thaksins employees and his attempts to distance himself from their actions and save his own skin, if there was a head to head election now between thakisn and abhisit, abhisit would win.

thanksins a spent force, it was written all over his square face when he was interviewed on BBC and CNN

you could see in his eyes he knew after yesterdays events that he was kissing goodbye to 76 billion baht

When he first took office I had great hopes he would improve things. But the fiasco with the ASEAN summit changed my feeling about his abilities.

But what I feel about the situation makes no difference at all. Being a farang I have no horse in this race.

I do have an opinion though and that is Thailand politics are all screwed up and will not improve anytime in the near future.

But it is still a nice place to live and that is what I am here for, to enjoy my retirement.

Two times in the recent month, Abhi lost complete credibility:

- By failing to prosecute the PAD leaders, even inviting them to his government, Abhi legitimized mob violence and is directly responsible for what’s going on today.

- By failing to recognize the threat of the red shirts and insisting, for his own prestige, in hosting the ASEAN summit, he is directly responsible for the huge lost of face Thailand suffered when this summit was cancelled. As an Asean dignitary said "We have nothing to fear, they are only here to humiliate the Thai government" and, with the help of Abhi, they succeeded !

Finally, by ordering the army to shoot unarmed civilians, Thailand may eventually get the reputation it has avoided until now, of a bloody dictatorial regime.

Where Samak and Somchai failed with dignity, Abhi may also failed but this time taking Thailand with him in his fall.

- By failing to prosecute the PAD leaders, even inviting them to his government, Abhi legitimized mob violence and is directly responsible for what's going on today.

- By failing to recognize the threat of the red shirts and insisting, for his own prestige, in hosting the ASEAN summit, he is directly responsible for the huge lost of face Thailand suffered when this summit was cancelled. As an Asean dignitary said "We have nothing to fear, they are only here to humiliate the Thai government" and, with the help of Abhi, they succeeded !

Finally, by ordering the army to shoot unarmed civilians, Thailand may eventually get the reputation it has avoided until now, of a bloody dictatorial regime.

Where Samak and Somchai failed with dignity, Abhi may also failed but this time taking Thailand with him in his fall.

Any bodies to show us? Can't seem to find any. Conspiracy Theorists of the world unite!

- By failing to prosecute the PAD leaders, even inviting them to his government, Abhi legitimized mob violence and is directly responsible for what's going on today.

Any bodies to show us? Can't seem to find any. Conspiracy Theorists of the world unite!

64 posts since you joined yesterday, all attacking the reds. Obviously you're a "profesional" troll. Who's your boss, PAD ? democrats ? Sondhi ?

It's obvious Abhi's spin machine is running full steam, damage control is the order of the day.

Btw, 78 answers to the poll and only 32 posts, usually we have the opposite ratio. I know, conspiracy theory ...

Edited by Pierrot