Are You A Golf Wannabe?

DJ Pat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that some folks get into playing golf just because other well-heeled expats do and they want to up their status? I hate the game with it's alleged exercise benefits and all the patheticness that goes with it.

Before I came to Thailand I never played golf so why should I start? Same applies to all you fake wannabes who do it to 'enhance' your status.

I hate you!

kevin_150.jpg

I wish I'd never been born!

Soz, couldn't resist! :o

_872808_kevin300.jpg

Edited by Insight

If you want to have a laugh at some of DJ Pats other rants,check this out. :o

DJPatrantaboutwritingasit-com

DJ is so funny he makes me cry.smileycrying25at.gif

I've enjoyed some games of golf in the Bangkok area. Not being a "serious" player, I mostly have had fun drinking some beer, enjoying the scenery, and trying to pick the most beautiful caddy. Thailand can be a very "fun" place to golf. Really.

Why is it that some folks get into playing golf just because other well-heeled expats do and they want to up their status? I hate the game with it's alleged exercise benefits and all the patheticness that goes with it.

Before I came to Thailand I never played golf so why should I start? Same applies to all you fake wannabes who do it to 'enhance' your status.

I hate you!

kevin_150.jpg

I wish I'd never been born!

Soz, couldn't resist! :o

_872808_kevin300.jpg

Fantastic - and so very true :D

Golf! Hacked away since I was in college and haven't gotten much better, but I still enjoy the day. Gotta say though, Pat has a point about a lot fo the folks that take it up after they get here, at least teh ones that seem to do it for business. Not a one I've talked to seems to really enjoy it and they bad mouth all the other people playing instead of just enjoying the day. Thread's not totally invalid as it were.

Golf! Hacked away since I was in college and haven't gotten much better, but I still enjoy the day. Gotta say though, Pat has a point about a lot fo the folks that take it up after they get here, at least teh ones that seem to do it for business.  Not a one I've talked to seems to really enjoy it and they bad mouth all the other people playing instead of just enjoying the day. Thread's not totally invalid as it were.

people bad mouth it normally because they are useless at it.In my opinion it's a great game.

maybe I should be like you friend DJ Pat and say "If you are no good at golf, then I hate you"

Golf might not be for everybody. I do enjoy it whenever I get the chance to play, which isn't often. Before I ever tried it, I never in a million years thought I would enjoy it. I learned that you can't knock something until you've experienced or tried it yourself.

IMO, golf is a great challenge. One can always improve but never master the game. There is always room for improvement in the game of golf and thats what I love about it.

Then my ignorance and begging your pardon on that.

But Pat, he's a good bloke, just not afraid to have an opinion against the grain is all.

Besides, somebody's gotta start threads.

He probably is a good bloke(deep, deep down :D ), but the fact that he uses threads from other forums that he has not written and comes across as an "I am" makes for an easy target. :o

Then my ignorance and begging your pardon on that.

But Pat, he's a good bloke, just not afraid to have an opinion against the grain is all.

Besides, somebody's gotta start threads.

I've met him before and yes he's a good bloke i cannot see where all this hostility is coming from, As i said i was chatting to family of his the other day. :o