Evaluate My Photo

bcbuzz

I think you need to work on DOF, this applies for the picture of the Koi as well. There is nothing sharp about the hummingbird. I can understand the wings being blurred to convey a sense of speed, but the whole bird?

You missed a great opportunity there by using too slow a shutter speed. Framing and lighting is good but NOTHING sharp in the image.

Maybe the next time you should up the iso (I see you used 100 iso) to provide a decent DOF and at least a 1/1000th shutter speed. Better to have a little noise (which can be addressed) than a blurred image.

Keep them coming though

You missed a great opportunity there by using too slow a shutter speed. Framing and lighting is good but NOTHING sharp in the image.

Maybe the next time you should up the iso (I see you used 100 iso) to provide a decent DOF and at least a 1/1000th shutter speed. Better to have a little noise (which can be addressed) than a blurred image.

Keep them coming though

can't agree with you really. the eye area is sharp, to be picky to highlight this area you could increase the exposure

on computer

post-34511-1239762022.jpg