Getting From Swampypoom To Mo Chit Or Korat

bina

my husband the baannork needs to know how he is to get from suvanaphum to mo chit or if there is a straight bus to KORAT??

and how much for taxi fare from suvanaphum to mo chit for a thai....

he is totally not city folks and is in a panic that he will be arriving on his own and has to make it from there to korat...

any ideas?

thanx,

bina

israel

Taxi should be same whether you're Thai or not, using the meter. The meter will run up to probably 200-300 baht or so. To get to Mo Chit is probably the best as I haven't heard of any long distance buses near the airport.

Oh, and depending or not on if you want to buy it or he wants to fly some more, why not get him a plane ticket to Korat once he's at Suvarnabhumi?

Edited by Jimjim

my husband the baannork needs to know how he is to get from suvanaphum to mo chit or if there is a straight bus to KORAT??

he is totally not city folks and is in a panic that he will be arriving on his own and has to make it from there to korat...

any ideas?

thanx,

bina

israel

any ideas?

thanx,

bina

israel

VIP Bus to Korat is 200 Baht and I think the taxi from the airport to the bus station is around the same (For us Farangs) It takes 3 hours and its not a bad air conditioned journey.

I hope this helps.

Mark.

There are buses to Korat from the Public Transportation Center and Bus Terminal(Transportation Centre) near the airport. I think the bus terminates at Nong Khai. There is a free shuttle available from the airport to the Transportation Centre.. The fare to Korat is around 200 to 250 baht. It's a yellow/orange bus. Info here

Info on how to get there, here.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

thanx for the links BUT weve done the bus ride to bangkok from korat....twice already in the past, but we were three of us and i, although a farang, am more citywise then him...

he will be after a long flight, and on his own with luggage so will not function as a city person... so i have to organize everything from here to help him deal.

what i need is the specific info IN THAI... and anon doesnt do well with the fill in the blank options....

mo chit (is that the southern bus station?) ; and in the blanks what does he have to fill in? nackonratchasima ? or nongkhai?

the site is good in english but not good for thai husband when we need the thai terms for the bus stations etc....

not sure i understand: the bus to korat (to nongkhai via korat?) leaves from the bus terminal that is close to suvanaphum? is that the regular bus station?

please help me resolve confusion :o:D

bina

israel

(he will be arriving around 7+ a.m on wednesday if that helps)

or the suvanaphumi in thai

thanx, he will cause he couldnt work out the site fill in the blank info....

my greater worry is that he gets through tashkent on to the correct plane to bangkok

thanks again.

bina

mo chit (is that the southern bus station?)

No, it is not. Moh Chit is the busstation for busses to the North and the Northeast. It is not mentioned on that website.

Though the bus that leaves from the airport to Nongkhai might stop in Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat), I think it is the best he just takes a taxi to Moh Chit, from where there are plenty of busses to Khorat.

Taxi should be same whether you're Thai or not, using the meter. The meter will run up to probably 200-300 baht or so. To get to Mo Chit is probably the best as I haven't heard of any long distance buses near the airport.

Oh, and depending or not on if you want to buy it or he wants to fly some more, why not get him a plane ticket to Korat once he's at Suvarnabhumi?

Because Korat has the proud distiction of having 2 airports with no scheduled flights.

Go to the taxi desk at the airport which I see has now moved to just inside the main concourse. There is a price for any destination within reason. Taxi will take you to Korat- to your front door. Maybe 2500Bt- certainly not much more.

any ideas?

thanx,

bina

israel

Taxi to Mor Chit about 300 baht ( make sure they drop him up ramp on second floor ) then blue and white bus to Korat ,, tell him to give his mobile to a native speaker on the bus to let you know which bus station in Korat its gonna end up in ,,,,,,,,,,,cost about 300 baht time 3 hours easy ,even I have done it many times

thanx all,

btw he IS a native speaker (just bannork and cant deal with cities)... he's on his way now to airport... getting to korat will be the easier part; its getting thru tashkent changing planes that may be the problem...

thanx all, again...

bina

israel

winnie, thanx but im as bannork as my husband. money is a big factor and yes big difference between 200 baht and 2000 baht. and since last time we were picked up at airport, he nor i had to deal with bus stations and i didnt know the english name for both stations.... i knew only mo chit and the site that someone gave me was not mo chit. and i needed the sites in thai.

whatever. he managed to find his connecting flight in tashkent, get to korat and get home. and in three weeks it will be my turn.

end of part one.

bina

israel

.....im as bannork as my husband. money is a big factor ...

Good for you! I'm a bit of skinflint too, and last year I tried to do Morchit - Suvanaphum in the opposite direction by ordinary public buses. I arrived at Morchit by overnight bus from the North, on my own, heavily laden with suitcases for a 3-month stay in UK. I speak a little Thai but can't understand replies in Thai much. There was an enquiry counter at Morchit and they were able to tell me the bus number to catch for a start. It was a long trail around the back of Morchit to get to the first bus departure point and this was difficult with all my baggage. However I found the bus in the end and heaved my luggage on board. The driver and conductor were friendly and helpful, but it turned out two bus changes were required en route! After about half an hour on the first bus, the conductor spotted the next bus I needed and got the driver to overtake it and flag it down for me. I had to scramble off the bus with my bags and try and waddle quickly back to the next bus that had kindly stopped. It was all done with big smiles, though, and looking back it was an adventure and an excercise in indepndence that I wouldn't have missed. Far better than sitting in a taxi and paying ten times the fare! The next bus was just a short ride, and my change to the 3rd bus was more sedate than the 2nd. I arrived at Suvarnaphum a little exhausted, but alert and happy!

I really thought there would have been a minibus link between Morchit and Suvarnaphum, but if there is, I didn't manage to find it.

So if you have time, and a sense of adventure, and want to save on the taxi fare, it is possible by public buses, but not easy!

the korat bus to bangkok we did take once; they have stewards and stewardesses to serve u snacks, and they also load and unload your luggage, do your ticket stuff and seat u (assigned seating)... and thai movie en route. much better then our busses here, and here we mostly only go by bus (as opposed to most americans i think, that go by car or taxi)...

i have a feeling i will be doing the korat evening bus also if i dont stay over in bangkok; the harder part will be korat going back southbound a bit to amphur soeng sang, and then from there somehow to hubby's muu baan. but my thai is ok, and in the age of cell phones travelling is so much easier.

we found the internal bangkok busses difficult to deal with or understand how they run, and he IS thai.

bina

israel

Your advice is simple but very wrong,I think - no flights to Korat!only train,bus and car.Last time,I wanted to fly to Korat,there were no flights.And ...when they were(some years ago) - one or two a day.

Buses? - every 15 min. and it takes 3 hrs.