Conversations With Wife/gf

slapout

Wife was glued to the Red Television channel for several days (yes she is supporter) When the army finally went in to stop the destruction and mayhem, the Red Channel speakers(sounded like baptist preachers), said that the army was killing people and hauling bodies away in trucks. (her translation to me) I pointed out CNN, BBC and the local Thai news were saying there were no deaths caused by the army. Her response was the Thai government lied to Thai Television. Me; Ok, what about International news? Thai government tell them to lie. Me; What about live video I am watching. Come and watch with me. NO, only Red Shirt television tells the truth. Thank bejesus they shut that crap station down. I can see the humor, but the wife is pissed at the world over this whole circle jerk.. Anyone have similar experience or am I the lone ranger?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife was glued to the Red Television channel for several days (yes she is supporter) When the army finally went in to stop the destruction and mayhem, the Red Channel speakers(sounded like baptist preachers), said that the army was killing people and hauling bodies away in trucks. (her translation to me) I pointed out CNN, BBC and the local Thai news were saying there were no deaths caused by the army. Her response was the Thai government lied to Thai Television. Me; Ok, what about International news? Thai government tell them to lie. Me; What about live video I am watching. Come and watch with me. NO, only Red Shirt television tells the truth. Thank bejesus they shut that crap station down. I can see the humor, but the wife is pissed at the world over this whole circle jerk.. Anyone have similar experience or am I the lone ranger?

Happily out here at Klong 10, Thanyaburi, the entire family was totally involved with Songkran, couldn't give a flying **** for what was happening downtown.

Good luck with your True Believer wife....

Mac

same same but different....

My wife with ASTV. But at least ASTV never lied as much as DTV. They bend the facts till they fits, but never saw that the put a blank lie like this.

thank god my wife as lived in the west ,she thinks they are all a bunch of w-nkers

My wife is from Issan and thinks they are all a bunch of jerks, making Issan people look uncivilized and actually worsening their plight. She's not a brainwashed Thakista like many.

Have two friends that are exactly like your wife.

Great 'fun' having a conversation since any sign of a non-belief in their facts and the treat-level in the room goes up. Even being neutral or asking for proof is a bad thing...

So I tried to ask for proof to 'show others', but neither could come up with anything sofar...they just change subject, within the same real...always about how much they truly HATE the current government. It's at such a level that one thing they will strap on a bomb harness and do something stupid if they didn't have jobs and people to feed...

thank god my wife as lived in the west ,she thinks they are all a bunch of w-nkers

My wife is from Issan and thinks they are all a bunch of jerks, making Issan people look uncivilized and actually worsening their plight. She's not a brainwashed Thakista like many.

Yup, wifey and her cronies were horrified in the red t shirts behaviour - They couldn't get to Silom

Wifey told me in her favourite discussion ending sentence "(police) can't to do anymore"

This is the mother of all statements and covers every eventuality we've ever had/discussed this statement is normally told to me in an authoritative manner and a knowing nod of the head after my first question or statement about something. There by signaling the end of said discussion in 2 sentences.

Liverpool losing to Chelsea "Liverpool can't to do anymore"

The world economy is in <deleted> "yes, they can't do to anymore"

But honestly my mrs was disgusted by their behaviour and understands the impact it has on Thailand as she told me "we can't to do anymore" :o

definitely she is right.....before were kind of small lovely racism

Issan: The southeners have black heart but are honest and speak straight and cook spice

Southerns: the Issan are a bit silly but work very hard and are very warm hard welcoming and have the better parties

Now we have almost racism....Sad thing

wasnt my lover, but just people around me.

Too hooked on (a political TV channel) and completely supports it, preaching and singing with them.

It seems scary when he was losing out of his sense and was clapping his (clappers), and calling the leaders as "my hero" and "thailand's savior" and refuses to receive information from a neutral channel.

My situation is slightly the other way around; my wife has voted democrat all her life and likes Abhinocchio.. I on the other hand think the current political system is institutionally unfair and undemocratic so have a lot of sympathy for people willing to fight for that.

You can't have a conversation with a Thai woman about anything other than food or sleeping.

Anything else, outside these two vitally important functions, is a waste of time.

I think you need to meet some different Thai women.

You can't have a conversation with a Thai woman about anything other than food or sleeping.

Anything else, outside these two vitally important functions, is a waste of time.

I agree with you. Just sitting here mulling over the latest fiasco of a date. never mind, onwards and upwards.

which can't be found in the bar

I agree with you. Just sitting here mulling over the latest fiasco of a date. never mind, onwards and upwards.

Staunch approach well done, keeping marching forwards :o

Where in my post did I say anything about bars, sh1thead?

Staunch approach well done, keeping marching forwards :o

Thank you kind sir.

** edited for the removal of a load of <deleted>.

Edited by cymruambyth1

My wife with ASTV. But at least ASTV never lied as much as DTV. They bend the facts till they fits, but never saw that the put a blank lie like this.

rose tinted glasses h90.............. they are both as bad as each other.......... period........... the worst being the institution of the army that started this whole b*llsh1t in the beginning. If the people were given the chance to remove Thaksin's government, we would already be living in stable times..............

Where in my post did I say anything about bars, sh1thead?

My wife has other topics

our neighbours wife opposite (but 60 years old)

our accounting

our former accounting

the woman who makes my wifes clothes

the wife of the motorbike guy who works sometimes for us (but pretty silly)

4 friends of my wife who I know.

the accounting from the last hotel we were

the cambodian cleaning women of the last hotel we were spoke about hun san

So where do you pick up women who speak only about food and sleeping????????

rose tinted glasses h90.............. they are both as bad as each other.......... period........... the worst being the institution of the army that started this whole b*llsh1t in the beginning. If the people were given the chance to remove Thaksin's government, we would already be living in stable times..............

no someone who fight against corruption and for democracy (even with wrong methods ideas if you think so) is not the same bad as someone who want a criminal corrupt leader installed.

You recall the last Thaksin election when he tried everything to fake the election with bribing small parties, so without PAD we would live in a Thaksin dictatorship

Edited by h90

It's not just the wife/gf's.....Thai husbands/bf's do it as well. I've unsuccessfully tried many times over the past few days to engage my partner in a discussion about the turmoil or political dispute and I swear i get the proverbial pat on the back or "you think to much" every time. However, I've noticed he yammers on and on in Thai to his friends and family about it on the phone so i know he's got opinions and ideas concerning the situation. Maybe it is because with such a delicate topic they have to think to much to translate their feelings and ideas into English regarding such a sensitive issue?

no someone who fight against corruption and for democracy (even with wrong methods ideas if you think so) is not the same bad as someone who want a criminal corrupt leader installed.

You recall the last Thaksin election when he tried everything to fake the election with bribing small parties, so without PAD we would live in a Thaksin dictatorship

The PAD have admitted in public that they want to end direct democracy in Thailand and every party buys votes. How are the reds any worse? :o

To the OP, the perspective of what goes on depends on where the Thai's are from. When the PAD were doing the disrupting. My wife's take on it was. "The red shirts are trying to kill the yellow shirts." I have learned to keep the topics simple.

Food, drink, Len Phai. The only time I discuss politics is to tell her to think for herself, and not vote for Joe Blogs as a Puy Yai just because her sister tells her to. Even that though brings out the standard, "You not Thai, you no understand." :o

Re the comment from someones other half about Southerners. The Southerners are just as insulting about Bangkok and the North East. Bangkok, "Speak soft speak lie." Issan according to my missus "Stupid, only vote/fight for money."

Hey...it's not just sleeping and eating...

You forgot to add... Thai television... Thai music/musicians... what's up with the Thai family/relatives... and occasionally... sex.... :D

Does the relative-health of the family water-buffalo, and its urgent need for expensive medication, not also get the occasional mention ? Or did it die ?? :o

Fortunately, none of my ladies are particularly interested in politics and don't discuss it to any length. I have comunication "brick wall" problems about other matters, due to "cultural reasons", such as lack of truth telling.

Hi :o

I haven't much experience with ladies, but those who i know (boyfriend's sister, boyfriend's mum, several aunts, female colleagues) talk mainly about money. But it depends on age and location.

Boyfriend's mum (up country): Money, food, fortune teller, temple (she is NOT as money-focussed as may others!)

Boyfriend's sister (Bangkok): Money, clothes, shoes, money, clothes, shoes, money, job situation, money, her boyfriend

Aunts (all up country): Money, food, money, husbands, money

Colleagues (Bangkok): Money, soap operas, money, superstars, money, clothes, money

I don't know a single female who's interested in politics the least bit, however my boyfriend's 12 year old nephew, who was a red-shirt-supporter (after knowing that i tickled him silly, not that it would have changed his mind) was glued to the TV for some time when the riots were on, and just before we left Chiang Mai on Tuesday he said, somewhat sad: "They are even worse than the yellows, now i don't like Thaksin anymore, he should die".

Best regards....

Thanh

PS: Still more interesting what they talk than what most (male) Farang usually talk about, which is: Football, football, football, football, beer, football, beer, beer, beer

Edited by Thanh-BKK