Bkk Airport Regulars (preferably Anyone Who Flies To Samui On Bangkok Airways)

mp413

I am trying to get from Mae Hong Son to Samui for a long weekend, and the only way I can do it is to have a 30min connection at BKK. Does Bangkok Airways always leave from the same terminal, and if so which one? Do you need a bus to get to the plane? I will be flying in from Chiang Mai on Thai Airways, landing at 8:25p, and my Bangkok Airways flight would leave BKK at 9pm.

I have only used this airport once - for you regulars, does it sound doable?

Thanks!

mp413

Absolutely not.

Even with only carry on luggage, the time you see as your arrival is the estimated time the plane lands, not the time you taxi, park, disembark, go through the tunnels, through baggage reclaim (even if you have none), go up to level 4 for check in, check in, go through security, get to your gate etc.

The minimum time is stated as 90 minutes. Even if you are no time, 60 minutes is seriously pushing it and could leave you stranded.

As another option, what about flights to Surat Thani, then ferry to Samui ?

I am trying to get from Mae Hong Son to Samui for a long weekend, and the only way I can do it is to have a 30min connection at BKK. Does Bangkok Airways always leave from the same terminal, and if so which one? Do you need a bus to get to the plane? I will be flying in from Chiang Mai on Thai Airways, landing at 8:25p, and my Bangkok Airways flight would leave BKK at 9pm.

I have only used this airport once - for you regulars, does it sound doable?

Thanks!

mp413

you need to change your flight leaving chiang mai earlier as the bangkok airways flight to Samui at 9pm is their last flight.you have not left enough time for connecting flight.

Too bad!!! I am used to Chiang Mai which is a small airport, there a 35-min connection would be doable. Unfortunately I can't leave Chiang Mai earlier, because the only flight from Mae Hong Son arrives Chiang Mai at 6pm. Oh well! I appreciate the responses.

Bangkok Airways fly direct & nonstop Chiang Mai to Koh Samui - why not use this service? You then don't have to transit Bangkok. Perhaps a much better solution, although I'm not sure if this service is daily or not? Check out the Bangkok Airways website for details.

Thanks I am aware of the direct flight but it's impossible to connect with it from Mae Hong Son so doesn't work for me. I ended up booking a flight to Phuket instead, cheaper and I get more time out of the trip. it does involve a 55 min connection in BKK but I am hoping late at night there won't be too many delays. thanks for all the help!